What Lampard's England exclusion does for Chelsea...

Superblue

Lampard being dropped from the England team had to be one of the biggest positives for our club at this stage of the season.

Knowing the character of Lampard over the years, I would expect this to be a wake up call for him to knuckle down and push himself again, which hopefully means dynamic, match winning performances we haven't seen for over a year. He has to do this if he wants to win his England place back.

Capello's brave decision to drop Lampard may also encourage AVB to also drop Lampard if he continues to perform poorly.

However it could also work another way in which Lampard, at 33, decides to retire from international duty and focus on Chelsea, which would hopefully prolong his career and benefit his performance and fitness levels for at least these last two years of his contract. I would imagine such a scenario wouldn't happen until at the earliest the end of the Euros, although if Lamps gets vibes that his international career is as good as over he may decide to end it given his age and stage of his career.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that Frank's International career is coming to an end . He has been unlucky to have been

selected as the scapegoat for England's failure by the more moronic of England (or Liverpool's) supporters.

The question is really how long Frank's career with our club will last . The end of his England career

could prolong his Chelsea one . Conversely it could hasten it if Frank decides to retire still at the top

of the tree. I believe this would be a pity as I think he has still much to offer even if not as a starter

in every game ...but his experience used wisely and sparingly.

He's never played well for England as he has for Chelsea anyway, Not the only player...Gerrard should be mentioned too. I think he should of retired a while ago. But now he definitely should. Wilshere,Cleverly, Parker,Barry,Milner,Gerrard when he is fit will be ahead of him. Could do a job off the bench, but I feel much like he does for us now, he slows play down. I think this is a gradual occurrence which comes with age.

He's never played well for England as he has for Chelsea anyway, Not the only player...Gerrard should be mentioned too. I think he should of retired a while ago. But now he definitely should. Wilshere,Cleverly, Parker,Barry,Milner,Gerrard when he is fit will be ahead of him. Could do a job off the bench, but I feel much like he does for us now, he slows play down. I think this is a gradual occurrence which comes with age.

Theres definitely room for young blood to come through -Lampard is the kalou of England when it comes to England fans, its become fashionable to knock him, especially by the Northern fans

he`s a thoroughbred whose been used as a donkey for the last decade..maybe he`ll never be able to get back to how good he was but i know starting in 60-70 games a year for club and country as he has done for so many years is not the answer. i hope he retires from international`s soon..i can`t see him playing past the Euro finals anyway,but can see him being scape goated when we get knocked out.

he shouldn`t be starting every game for us and when the season is over i don`t see him being the midfielder who plays the most minutes for us during it..if he started say 30 games a season for us in all comps and was used as a impact sub,then i think we all would be pleased with the results. i think AVB has the same idea and that is why we went for a Merieles. we needed someone to score from midfield and understands like the majority of sensible fans that Lampard`s 20plus goals can`t be kept up forever.

Its pathetic how England's failures are always our players fault but Ferdinand, Rooney and Gerrard beyond shite performances somehow get praised.

Im caught in the middle here in one way i don't want a Chelsea player to play for England again but in another way i want to see the Jones, Smalling, Cleverly, Wilshere, Carroll and Welbeck wankfest come crashing down when it hits them Chalobah, McEachran and Sturridge are acutally better.

On a relevant note, I think Ash should retire from international football too. Despite of his amazing commitment to the national side, he gets booed all over the country! That somehow enrages me to extremes.

And that twat Scholes says the national team does not fill him with hope. What a feckin hypocrite! He retired his ass off to play more for club and bitches about the side lacking the edge. I hate his guts.

Lampard should have done what Scholes did after the World Cup.

The problem is - he is far too proud and will always make himself available to England. Thankfully, the fact he is being phased out by Capello thanks to the emergence of Wilshere and Cleverly, and both Barry and Parker re-establishing themselves on the international scene, his call-ups will soon be few and far-between, much like Beckham. Capello is doing both England and Chelsea a favour, which is something that pains me to say as a Lampard supporter.

Lampard should have done what Scholes did after the World Cup.

The problem is - he is far too proud and will always make himself available to England. Thankfully, the fact he is being phased out by Capello thanks to the emergence of Wilshere and Cleverly, and both Barry and Parker re-establishing themselves on the international scene, his call-ups will soon be few and far-between, much like Beckham. Capello is doing both England and Chelsea a favour, which is something that pains me to say as a Lampard supporter.

Yeah, at least Capello didn't Beckham him by announcing he'd have no England future, in an ITV interview :doh:

Yeah, at least Capello didn't Beckham him by announcing he'd have no England future, in an ITV interview :doh:

Yeh! Went about that the wrong way!

Good for us really and be good for him ish..agree with whats said always been made scapegoat for England failure even when he scored/had a great performance or whatever..and sad to think had his goal counted last World Cup been a hero really but poor guy has no luck