NFL/College Football (the pointy kind) Fans

Tortilla9

This. I'm not going either but will definitely be watching it.... Would be great if one day they had a London Franchise. Not sure how it would work logistically unless they were a London team that was based somewhere in america but it would be a great thing to see. :)

Could easily be a London franchise but I don't see why there would be.Logistically, it's not that difficult as teams play only once a week. You would just have to be careful on the short weeks. No Sunday in Seattle and Thursday in London sort of thing. The NFL makes its money through TV sharing. This is why there is a team in Green Bay and no team in Los Angeles. Being in a big market, doesn't really matter. I actually think the NFL probably only has another decade or three as a top sport. There has been tremendous amount of covering up of the incredible damage football players do to their bodies and eventually, it's going to be impossible to contain. (although the sports media does its best to pretend like this is a minor issue). The average life expectancy of an NFL player is somewhere around 55-60 years old. For someone who makes it past infancy and is not extremely poor, it should be about 85-90. Not only that, but a huge number of them suffer from CTE because of repeated blows to the head. This leads to depression, forgetfulness, and even dementia. Football players are 3-4 times more likely than the average person to die from brain disease.That's not even mentioning the broken limbs and lifetime pain you have to suffer. (and the compensation the players receive is nothing compared to what they suffer. On average, they make $1 million in their careers. Would you take $1 million dollars to take 25 years off your life? And that's IF you make the NFL. The vast majority of players don't.) Nobody in their right mind should let their child play football and fewer and fewer people will. I think it will eventually go the way of boxing, once the biggest sport and now a minor one.

Yeah, i can't see the Bill's, dolphins or Jets doing much next season. Maybe in a couple of seasons. As for the West i think the chargers are quite a good team considering what is around them, but the raiders and the chiefs are others that probably need more than 1 season... Unless they can get some great players from the draft but time will tell. The AFC south is probably the most competitive because the texans colts (andrew lucks second season could be interesting to watch) and to some extent the chiefs are good teams. I won't mention the Jags though, but at least they get first pick.(They are gonna need it) :D

I think the Bills would be a pretty decent team with a better QB. Jets too - the quicker they get ship off Sanchez the better! The problem for a lot of the weaker teams that clearly need QB's is it is reportedly shaping up to be a real poor draft class of rookie QB's (compared to Luck, RG3 and Wilson from last year). It will be interesting to see what teams do.

There is a possibility that the Seahawks will look to trade Matt Flynn with Russell Wilson now guaranteed as starter. If the draft class is as poor as expected, a few teams could do worse than trade Flynn.

Could easily be a London franchise but I don't see why there would be.Logistically, it's not that difficult as teams play only once a week. You would just have to be careful on the short weeks. No Sunday in Seattle and Thursday in London sort of thing. The NFL makes its money through TV sharing. This is why there is a team in Green Bay and no team in Los Angeles. Being in a big market, doesn't really matter. I actually think the NFL probably only has another decade or three as a top sport. There has been tremendous amount of covering up of the incredible damage football players do to their bodies and eventually, it's going to be impossible to contain. (although the sports media does its best to pretend like this is a minor issue). The average life expectancy of an NFL player is somewhere around 55-60 years old. For someone who makes it past infancy and is not extremely poor, it should be about 85-90. Not only that, but a huge number of them suffer from CTE because of repeated blows to the head. This leads to depression, forgetfulness, and even dementia. Football players are 3-4 times more likely than the average person to die from brain disease.That's not even mentioning the broken limbs and lifetime pain you have to suffer. (and the compensation the players receive is nothing compared to what they suffer. On average, they make $1 million in their careers. Would you take $1 million dollars to take 25 years off your life? And that's IF you make the NFL. The vast majority of players don't.) Nobody in their right mind should let their child play football and fewer and fewer people will. I think it will eventually go the way of boxing, once the biggest sport and now a minor one.

Well tbf the NFL are trying to help the players, and that's why there are stricter rules on tackling - especially hits anywhere close to the head.

I cant see that happening tbh. Lots of people love the NFL and i can't see that changing. It definitely has its problems in that area but I would like to know where you got those stats from but that seems a bit extreme tbh from what I have read about it. What will happen is every year they will make it safer. And in 5 years time I can see them getting rid of the kickoff etc. And boxing is still very popular. It maybe isn't as popular as it was but then that is due to the calibre of heavyweights there were like tyson and Ali etc. Over here anyway there is still a lot of people who want to be boxers. And whilst the NFL is making a shit load of money I cant see things changing much tbh.

Well tbf the NFL are trying to help the players, and that's why there are stricter rules on tackling - especially hits anywhere close to the head.

Yes, but the problem is not really concussions which the NFL could reduce. The problem is the recurrent hits to the head, what are called "sub-concussions". These happen on every single play (lineman blocking/ linebackers tackling, etc...) and are an integral part of the game. You can't get rid of them or it would be touch football. Also, the NFL has been extremely slow on this whole thing. and are not doing nearly enough. They've known about the seriousness of these issues for years and have only started taking any measures very recently. The owners are also are incredibly greedy so they are only willing to pay for five years of health insurance after players retire. This means that injuries that are sustained during your employment and last a life-time, you have to cover for most of your life. There are lawsuits that are going to be impossible for the NFL to win and more and more Junior Seau type of tragedies will happen. Unless the courts are rigged which is possible in the US where big money is involved).

im gonna give this ago whens it kick off uk times im on bbc hd but they are just talking

It's always around 25 past...when I was growing up almost every Superbowl was awful so all this hype and pageantry was ridiculous. Of course, it still is, but at least the games are often good.