NFL/College Football (the pointy kind) Fans

Tortilla9

Yep, Texans won't be coming back from this. I really fancied the Texans before the season started and backed them at 9/1 which looked good as the weeks went on. However the losses to the Pats and Packers really showed them up as not quite having a very top team. Losing to the Colts last game of the season and losing 1st place in the AFC completely fucked them up as well, they were always going to struggle going to New England.

I backed the packers before the start of the season, which proved to be a bad move...

I kinda want the ravens to win the super bowl now tbh!

Me and seven of my mates do a sweepstake every year - £10 buy in gets 4 teams (1 team ranked last season in bottom 8 of AFC, 1 team ranked last season in top 8 of AFC, and same for NFC). Two conference finalists get the £10 back, superbowl finalist gets £20 and winner £40. There's only three or four of us who regularly watch it but it keeps the others interested watching their teams. It's a real good crack then when Superbowl arrives because everyone wants to watch it and crank up the banter.

I picked out this year Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots from AFC, and New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks from NFC - so naturally I'm cheering on the Pats all the way now the Seahawks are out. Winning money off mates has to be one of the most satisfying experiences :D

Me and seven of my mates do a sweepstake every year - £10 buy in gets 4 teams (1 team ranked last season in bottom 8 of AFC, 1 team ranked last season in top 8 of AFC, and same for NFC). Two conference finalists get the £10 back, superbowl finalist gets £20 and winner £40. There's only three or four of us who regularly watch it but it keeps the others interested watching their teams. It's a real good crack then when Superbowl arrives because everyone wants to watch it and crank up the banter.

I picked out this year Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots from AFC, and New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks from NFC - so naturally I'm cheering on the Pats all the way now the Seahawks are out. Winning money off mates has to be one of the most satisfying experiences :D

Yeah, so true, speaking of which one of my mates owes me a tenner... But i don't mind the PATS winning at all as tom brady is great to watch, and they were the first team i saw when watching the NFL for the first time and kinda got me interested... Would be pretty cool if they eventually had a UK based NFL team... Could be a bit dodgy logistically but would be something good to see. Not sure americans would feel the same way though...

Yeah, so true, speaking of which one of my mates owes me a tenner... But i don't mind the PATS winning at all as tom brady is great to watch, and they were the first team i saw when watching the NFL for the first time and kinda got me interested... Would be pretty cool if they eventually had a UK based NFL team... Could be a bit dodgy logistically but would be something good to see. Not sure americans would feel the same way though...

Yeah that would be great. My mate said he was watching NFL on Sky Sports recently abd they showed a UK based American Football team with Vernon Kay playing for them!

Yeah that would be great. My mate said he was watching NFL on Sky Sports recently abd they showed a UK based American Football team with Vernon Kay playing for them!

Yeah he is a huge fan, there was one sunday night where they were on the phone to him and he was actually in one of the stadiums.

Great win by the 49ers, especially coming back from 17-0. Really looking forward to the next one. Love watching the Pats, so want them to win, but i also like the ravens and jim vs john harbaugh in the superbowl would be something pretty special... pats will probably win due to the brady factor but hopefully its a good game.