Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annoyed? I'd go fucking crazy!

No way we'd sell Mata without bringing in someone of his quality to replace him, surely.

Only way I'd sell Mata was if I knew we were getting someone like Ozil in to replace him... Ozil is an unbelievable talent, excellent technique sometimes looks unorthodox but hes amazing.

I think Ozil is better than Mata when they're both on their best. The problem is Ozil hasn't been on his best for the last two seasons. It seems to me he was focused on his looks (such a waste of time and money) and enjoying Madrid's night life.

Surely I'm kidding - although there's a bit of both things - but he stopped playing at the top of his game and rarely he plays like he used the first season here. I don't know what happened to him, I know he's been the player I've cursed the most watching RM playing in the last two seasons because of the potential he has...

So while he's better than Mata, Mata is in better shape and consequently playing better. I don't think Mata will leave - and I don't want him to leave, but if he does (chances are really small imo, but who knows? deadline day is crazy) I'm positive he won't be replaced and we'll have Oscar as the starting XI #10 with Kevin or Willian as his sub. Probably Kevin because imo Willian has better results in the wing, but he's also very good playing in the middle.

If Mata leaves that will be in January or next summer because he won't feel like playing enough. Which would fit my initial prediction before the season even started. I hope to be wrong.

Why should anyone here worry about Arsenal anyway? Ozil or not, they're fighting for 4th

To be fair, Ozil will take Arsenal on another level if he signed. But, the real question is would Ozil want to go to Arsenal if they're making a bid for him in the first place? I don't think so. He has been in starting XI under Carlo in RM for 2 out of 3 games so far. Why on earth Ozil even consider want to play for Arsenal? CL, money, club reputation, so called club history, manager are all RM than Arsenal. Playing time is the only factor that can be argued.

To be fair, Ozil will take Arsenal on another level if he signed. But, the real question is would Ozil want to go to Arsenal if they're making a bid for him in the first place? I don't think so. He has been in starting XI under Carlo in RM for 2 out of 3 games so far. Why on earth Ozil even consider want to play for Arsenal? CL, money, club reputation, so called club history, manager are all RM than Arsenal. Playing time is the only factor that can be argued.

that is true. only playing time is a guarantee at Arsenal. plus there is one more factor which may come into play. if a club bigger than Arsenal, say Manchester United get interested, what then for Arsenal? He's certainly not gonna go to Arsenal if that happens. I think Wenger will end up signing Yossi Benayoun again if the Ozil move doesn't happen

that is true. only playing time is a guarantee at Arsenal. plus there is one more factor which may come into play. if a club bigger than Arsenal, say Manchester United get interested, what then for Arsenal? He's certainly not gonna go to Arsenal if that happens. I think Wenger will end up signing Yossi Benayoun again if the Ozil move doesn't happen

Exactly. He is currently playing for RM, a club most of players would only dreaming to play for, to be fair. I don't see any reasons he want to go to another club at the moment. So, my best bet is, he will stay.