Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very very good window overall, im not even worried about Torres and Sturridge, the only thing that worries me is the DM positions. In the end of last season i'll admit that i thought Mikel+Lampard are good enough for it, but now its pretty clear to me they did good mainly because we played so defensevly most of the time. I understand now that they arent a good fit. Not because they cant pass the ball or something like that, simply because no one of them has that "Bulldog" mentality. Not even close. Mikel never been this way, Lampard had the energy few years ago, now he doesnt, and he's good defensevly but not that good. Now i saw Meireles in the Euro's, and i thought he was realy good at what he needed to do at Portugal's midfield. He has that energy, he can press, and he can be pretty responsible. He's a good worker. For example, i dont think he was inferior compare to Javi Garcia in the Euro's. Now that we know that we arent going to have another DM in Tiote or someone like him, belive it or not i think Meireles should be a big part of this team, maybe the solution to our problem. We saw that against Newcastle it worked pretty well, Robbie MUST see this is the only solution.

Edit: LOL i got realy confused, Javi Garcia is spanish, I mixed up with him and Miguel Veloso. I thought City signed the Portuguese CDM (who is actaully Veloso). How good is that Garcia anyway?

Just went like i tought.. Still wouldn't mind a striker or dm.. But overall very good periode, some exciting attacking players and a rb.

Only thing that rdm now has to do is not play Lampard alongside Mikel and don't use Ramires as a rw..

So this is pretty much what Robbie planned.

GK: Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

RB: Ivanovic, Azpilicueta

CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz

LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Mikel, Lampard, Romeu, Meireles

AM: Oscar, Hazard

AML: Mata, Marin

AMR: Moses, Ramires

ST: Torres, Sturridge

It shows that we have 2 players for every position out there except for the CB position where we can deploy Ivanovic and where we rarely change anyway. It's a pretty decent squad but defensive midfield worries me a bit, since it's basically made of 2 central midfielders forced to play there, 1 young player and Mikel.

Our attacking midfielders are best in the league which should ease of the pressure on our 2 strikers. Perhaps it's a good move from RDM to keep faith in Torres and Sturridge. If we brought a new striker in they wouldn't be the happiest in the world. Let's see how they do, and if they missfire we always have January.

I would also expect us to bring a new DM at the end of the season since Lamps will be 35 and we will probably sell Meireles. Josh will be back from loan also.

So all in all 83m spent. That's really a lot. Let's forget yesterday's game, rest ourselves and continue our season.

Do not forget about Paulo and Malouda. They're still with us.

<p>

Take a look at City last season though - arguably their only 'world class' players were Aguero, Silva (for first half of season) and possibly Kompany. They did alright though. You don't need a team full of superstars.

City's backbone is world class or the next level down - hart, kompany, toure, silva, aguero.

Compare that to ours cech, terry, lampard, hazard, torres. The only definites in that are cech and hazard, question marks on torres and terry and lampard are no longer at that level.

Compare that to ours cech, terry, lampard, hazard, torres. The only definites in that are cech and hazard, question marks on torres and terry and lampard are no longer at that level.

I would argue that Terry is still world class, he showed it at the Euros and paired with a fast cb he is great. Torres is showing signs of recovery. Lampard I'm not sure about, against possession based teams he can do a job but against AM he was caught too often up the pitch.

So this is pretty much what Robbie planned.

GK: Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

RB: Ivanovic, Azpilicueta

CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz

LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Mikel, Lampard, Romeu, Meireles

AM: Oscar, Hazard

AML: Mata, Marin

AMR: Moses, Ramires

ST: Torres, Sturridge

It shows that we have 2 players for every position out there except for the CB position where we can deploy Ivanovic and where we rarely change anyway. It's a pretty decent squad but defensive midfield worries me a bit, since it's basically made of 2 central midfielders forced to play there, 1 young player and Mikel.

Our attacking midfielders are best in the league which should ease of the pressure on our 2 strikers. Perhaps it's a good move from RDM to keep faith in Torres and Sturridge. If we brought a new striker in they wouldn't be the happiest in the world. Let's see how they do, and if they missfire we always have January.

I would also expect us to bring a new DM at the end of the season since Lamps will be 35 and we will probably sell Meireles. Josh will be back from loan also.

So all in all 83m spent. That's really a lot. Let's forget yesterday's game, rest ourselves and continue our season.

Don't forget Ramires is actually a CM and I think management reckons Oscar can do a job in Lampard's current role, he played there against Reading. I'm happy with our striking options, don't forget we have Piazon too.

Just keep the faith ffs. Think about where we'd be now if we hadn't won in Munich! You think any of those players would have joined us?!

We might of got Marin, Moses and Azpicuelta. We would of had to of watched City get Hazard and Spurs probably get moutiniho or Hulk ( we basically didn't get him because Porto don't like us). Would of been one of the worst transfer windows and now its been probably the best i can remember.

Don't forget Ramires is actually a CM and I think management reckons Oscar can do a job in Lampard's current role, he played there against Reading. I'm happy with our striking options, don't forget we have Piazon too.

Do not forget about Paulo and Malouda. They're still with us.

Yes, I am aware, but Fereira and Malouda are only there if the black days come. Piazon is still young.

Didn't really expect us to do any serious business yesterday, thankfully we did all the business we need early on. The board did a good job to get rid of Essien's wages, though I am a bit disappointed Malouda chose money over football. An excellent transfer window for us nonetheless.