Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't really expecting a lot of activity from us tbh.

More surprised that Liverpool and Arsenal didn't really sign players.

Yup and no Moutinho for Spurs (thank fuck!)

They got er... Dempsey instead - LMFAO... :D At least that cheered me up :)

Rdm is mostly guilty for this defeat, not picking Azpi and Moses and using Rambo and Mata was realy bad. He keeps playing with same players, which is wrong. Im pretty sure Mata wont get rest anyday after this defeat and Rdm will want to win next games to ease the pressure...

We don't play for another 15 days - and he won't be playing for Spain either - that should be enough rest.

Rdm is mostly guilty for this defeat, not picking Azpi and Moses and using Rambo and Mata was realy bad. He keeps playing with same players, which is wrong. Im pretty sure Mata wont get rest anyday after this defeat and Rdm will want to win next games to ease the pressure...

Spot on mate. To play Mata in the game vs A.Madrid was just lunacy, he is clearly exhausted and definitely didn't have the legs for it. I thought the whole point in buying all of these midfielders was to have squad depth enabling us to rotate for flurries of games. Moses and Oscar should have definitely started but as for Cesar I think it would have been unwise to play him in a game of this magnitude. Not because I don't think he is good enough but if he had played him and Falcao had ripped him apart like he did to Ivan, everybody would have been going crazy and questioning why RDM decided to start a new player in a game this big. Oh well.. Up the Blues.

Wish Robbie would have done his fucking homework and played a winger... and Cesar (who has more pace than Iva) - if we had Moses and Cesar on the right, we could have at least had a contest!!!

I for one am happy (in a way) - it shows he cant rely on his old team selection and has to change his fucking ideas and quick smart, or else get down the fucking job centre! One dimensional!

It did seem as though we were not prepared for AM although i reckon this is down to the players not the management. Cahill said after the game that they had prepared as well as any other fixture, my guess is that they underestimated AM and did show the same desire that AM did.

Manchester City have agreed a £24m fee with Benfica for midfielder Javi Garcia (Sky Sports)

A bit too much for him, but a nice signing for City. With him and Toure City's midfield will have an interesting partnership to watch.

That is an actual good signing for them.

Everyone else they signed....meh.

Tottenham and us had the best transfer window IMO.

A bit suprised and slightly dissapointed we didn't sing anyone actually. Torres and Sturridge better get goals.

This has probably been our best transfer window. We've spent £79.5mil and even though i would of liked to have seen another striker, being help to ransom by clubs is not a good move for the club. We have Piazon as well, who i can see getting a couple of games in cup games and lesser league matches.

as for Cesar I think it would have been unwise to play him in a game of this magnitude. Not because I don't think he is good enough but if he had played him and Falcao had ripped him apart like he did to Ivan, everybody would have been going crazy and questioning why RDM decided to start a new player in a game this big.

I disagree. It isn't really a big game, its basically a glorified friendly, and Cesar's pace would have been better able to deal with Lopez's speed. Ivanovic could not keep up and AM noticed this and took advantage of it.

Happy. We didn't get screwed by anyone. Pleased we stayed firm on Hulk. He would have been nice but after Moses, essentially a luxury. Hazard is God. Oscar looks promising and Azpi and Moses will be good players too. Fingers crossed Marin stays healthy and I'm a happy boy.

Too many kids complaining about not doing enough after spending 70 plus millions on transfers....

Why bother, I'm off to bed!

agree.. the complaining irritates me. "We didn't sign anyone on deadline day" are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! we signed Hazard, Oscar, Marin, Moses, Azpilicueta in this transfer window and people still aren't happy? yes we shoulda tried for a proper CM but jesus...