Juan Mata

Severinb

If you feel comfortable having a Manchester United player's name on the back of your shirt, then be my guest. Me, I'm not comfortable with it. It's my shirt, that I purchased with my money, so I can do what I bloody well like with it - and also because I like the shirt and want to wear it. If it had Mata's name on still it'd probably be given to charity, so I decided to remove his name.

Are you ashamed of Mata?

Are you ashamed of Mata?

For moving to United? Yes, especially if he had other offers, but that is his decision and I respect him. I'm grateful of his contribution, but you're totally missing my point. If Oscar fucks off to Arsenal, would you be happy wearing a shirt with his name on it? If you said yes, I'd call you a liar.

Why do people suddenly need to remove names from shirts? I mean he had an amazing 2,5 years at this club and helped us to achieve great things. He was part of CFC and now he is gone, but nothing can nullify his contribution at the time. I've still got Joe Cole 10 shirt from the double winning 2009/2010 year, never in my mind to even start scratching it off.

I wouldnt do it but i can perfectly understand why they do it.

And what he has done for the club doesnt matter much in Mata's case tbf, the big issue is that he joined one of our biggest rivals so it make sense why loads of people are dissapointed in him

oh are you one of those who joined after the CL draw was made ,, read the thread they ruined ,,,

There's good and bad in everyone. Just because a few Turkish people ruined a thread, doesnt give you the right to undermine all Turks.

For moving to United? Yes, especially if he had other offers, but that is his decision and I respect him. I'm grateful of his contribution, but you're totally missing my point. If Oscar fucks off to Arsenal, would you be happy wearing a shirt with his name on it? If you said yes, I'd call you a liar.

I wouldnt do it but i can perfectly understand why they do it.

And what he has done for the club doesnt matter much in Mata's case tbf, the big issue is that he joined one of our biggest rivals so it make sense why loads of people are dissapointed in him

Fair play, didn't mean to stir up anything just genuinely was trying to see this from others' perspective. I guess I'm being a bit too rational and practical here.

Different story altogether for Drogba. A club legend who has hardly joined what we'd call a rival club. I still wear his shirt with pride, as I will do with my Lampard, Cech, Terry, Essien shirts.

Exactly!Drogba didnt go to a rival club.Play them when drawn against thats it.Whereas Mata and Man U will always be there and creating goals and scoring that could effect us,play us twice a season if not more cup runs etc.End of the day your shirt your decision.Rare to see Arsenal fans with RVP and if Rooney left to join us his Man U shirts will quickly dissapear.Aint a new thing

Fair play, didn't mean to stir up anything just genuinely was trying to see this from others' perspective. I guess I'm being a bit too rational and practical here.

Sorry if I came across a little strong. Just felt like I was being accused of being a Scouser and burning my shirt! I thought it was quite resourceful! :lol:

No-one is trying to negate Juan's amazing contribution. If he'd have gone to Spain or France or Italy I'd happily be sat with his name on the shirt, reminiscing over the good times he had in a Blues shirt. But because it's United, it doesn't feel right to me.

Comment on a pu le vendre ?

Bienvenue a TalkChelsea. Il ya une commande ici, pour tous les membres du TalkChelsea à parler en anglais. Le membre peut parler dans une autre langue, mais le membre doit donner une traduction en anglais aussi. Merci.