Juan Mata

Severinb

not for a footballer.....

You should be near or in your peak, especially attackin players...

I think even for a footballer it is young. Willian wont even be 30 by the time the Russian World cup comes around. I think he will be near his peak, as long as he does not pick up any major injuries, in his late 20's, especially since he has just moved to a big league.

I still think there's a place for Mata in the starting lineup. Oscar's future is at CM for me in a B2B role.

As great as Oscar is he doesn't have the vision of someone like Mata. Playmakers of that ilk are rare.

They can definitely play together.

Totally agree Oscar and Mata could play together.

Mata together with Lampard is another story ...

But it's difficult to say goodbye to Franky after all he's done and how he's still performing today.

But ideally, you'd put a hard working, defensive midfielder next to Mata and Oscar in front of them.

Ramires could be the defensive midfielder, but in that position loses a lot of his attacking assets ...

Hard choices ...

You don't sell a player like Mata. You simply don't.

This!

I really don't get it how some are actually being complacent because it's going good for us, and don't mind us selling him. What if we get an injury plague like Schalke, you want us to go back to the good ol' days (10-11 esp.) where we didn't have a strong bench. I def. believe that we shouldn't sell Mata at all costs because he's our own treasure, and you can feel from his vibes that he loves being a part of the club. The rotation policy that Mourinho is running atm. is wonderfully smooth, and I def. see Mata starting some of the upcoming games, besides, he's great friends with Oscar and I surely think that they mutually love the challenge of challenging and rotating for the same spot.

This!

I really don't get it how some are actually being complacent because it's going good for us, and don't mind us selling him. What if we get an injury plague like Schalke, you want us to go back to the good ol' days (10-11 esp.) where we didn't have a strong bench. I def. believe that we shouldn't sell Mata at all costs because he's our own treasure, and you can feel from his vibes that he loves being a part of the club. The rotation policy that Mourinho is running atm. is wonderfully smooth, and I def. see Mata starting some of the upcoming games, besides, he's great friends with Oscar and I surely think that they mutually love the challenge of challenging and rotating for the same spot.

It's not about being complacent, but not being sentimental. We still have areas in the team that need strengthening and if an offer came in for Mata then it should probably be considered when he's not a key member of the first-team. We beat the best team in the land (in many people's opinion) with him on the bench.

Our other attacking mids are not great enough for us to sell Mata, they are all good but Mata is still the best and most effective of the lot in attacking positions.

Well Oscar seems to be doing a pretty good job this season, leading us to second place in the league.

Our other attacking mids are not great enough for us to sell Mata, they are all good but Mata is still the best and most effective of the lot in attacking positions.

Well Oscar seems to be doing a pretty good job this season, leading us to second place in the league.

I seem to remember that at the same time last year Mata was leading us to first place in the league...

It's not about being complacent, but not being sentimental. We still have areas in the team that need strengthening and if an offer came in for Mata then it should probably be considered when he's not a key member of the first-team. We beat the best team in the land (in many people's opinion) with him on the bench.

Mata is one of the best passers in the World and the player most likely to unlock opposition defenses. How about giving him some more time to find his place in this team before completely writing him off?

He loves it at the club, he's a consummate professional and he's one of the most charismatic and intelligent players in the League. Not only that but he's already proven how good he is the previous two seasons.

It's up to Mourinho AND Mata to find a way to integrate a player of his ilk into the team because they're incredibly. He's the player most likely to unlock tight defenses and is the ultimate big game player. As great as Oscar & De Bruyne are they don't have his vision.

Mata is one of the best passers in the World and the player most likely to unlock opposition defenses. How about giving him some more time to find his place in this team before completely writing him off?

I haven't completely written him off.

He loves it at the club, he's a consummate professional and he's one of the most charismatic and intelligent players in the League. Not only that but he's already proven how good he is the previous two seasons.

He's a great guy and he's been great for us, but we're a better team right now. I'm sure he can be part of the team going forward, but I expect we'll have success with or without Mata.

It's up to Mourinho AND Mata to find a way to integrate a player of his ilk into the team because they're incredibly. He's the player most likely to unlock tight defenses and is the ultimate big game player. As great as Oscar & De Bruyne are they don't have his vision.

I disagree that he's the 'ultimate big game player' because he's disappeared in plenty of matches, big and small. I also think Oscar has the potential to be as good as Mata and is already one of our most important players.

He has done well but we are 2nd because of our defensive workrate imo, because our attack has hardly been brilliant so far.

Defensive workrate - something Oscar has in abundance and Mata doesn't.

Also whilst our attack has hardly been brilliant, Oscar has been doing more than his fair share.

I seem to remember that at the same time last year Mata was leading us to first place in the league...

I'd argue we're a much better team now, with a proper manager in charge.