Juan Mata

Severinb

Let's not also forget that a player, especially a playmaker, is only as good as his team. Yes silva is an inteligent world-class player, but he is able to make the passes that prove he is so because his teammates offer great movement and runs off the ball. Mata isn't as lucky.

Agreed. Even one creative midfielder would make such a difference. Someone who he could play off, who was on the same wavelength as him etc. Instead he has to deal with the likes of Kalou and co. Our midfielders and strikers aren't able to "support" him at all.

Even he would be in squad, he wont play much I guess. Unles he will replace Villa , it could be possible. Yes he will be tired and maybe spain wont count on him much. But this would be great oportunity for him to actualy get in 1st eleven and become regular. In spain that is hell of achievement.

Good luck Mata.

Btw I really hope he wont play much against spurs, I wan him ready for barca clash.

David Silva is still the better overall player right now, but look at how disastrous his form has been these last 4 months or so. Terrible. And our tired Juan still manages to churn out decent to good performances and contribute in either goals/assists.

That's because he too has Ashley Cole syndrome :lol: - Mancini's overplayed him a lot in the last 2 seasons, so it does make sense he'll be on bad form in these closing stages. My worry is Mata's going down a similar road, he's been very muted in the last few weeks. Factoring in the opposition, obvious, tactics of out marking him plus the general fatigue he's picked up does make sense.

If we had At least Josh or KDB here to decently replace Mata. Meireles or Lampard obviously cant...I'm sure he cant play against Barca two times, spurs and arsenal. Just cant. He is our playmaker, winger and striker...

I think when Mata will be playing in pl 3 seasons like ronaldo, he wont have much problem with stamina. but overall i think they run even more in spain, but also rest while passing. here at chelsea mata runs a lot, but cant realy rest since there is noone equal to pass with.