Juan Mata

Severinb

Every time I see the pundits and United fans create there best lineup now with their transfers done Mata isn't in there.

A year ago the same people were branding Jose an enemy of football for supposedly disrespecting such a great player.

Absolutely comical back tracking.

Mourinho didn't want him for certain reasons, and United have brought in a coach who has similar demands to Jose. He was a desperation purchase and their recent purchases (as well as the decision to make Rooney captain) have left him marginalised.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't sold in January. He won't be cup-tied in Europe and I reckon he could end up somewhere like Valencia for about £20 million. Would be rather amazing if he never actually got to play against us.

He had these type of performances for us more than people think, just no one wanted to accept it due to how reliant on him we were in the first two seasons.

I remember getting a fair bit of shtick on here for suggesting he was absolutely terrible in some games for us, Seems as if he is almost getting the Torres treatment now that he is playing so poorly at Man United. Too much "the players around him are trash", and "he needs more help from his teammates" talk. The weird thing is, a lot of it is coming from here as well... lol. You make your own luck and results, and those around you can help, but at the end of the day, it is up to you.

The truth about Mata is, he is a terrific passer and creator with so many glaring weaknesses and holes in his game. He is too small, too weak, too slow, has an average touch, doesn't track back, gets pushed off the ball, is inconsistent and far too often adds artificial value to the game, more so than actually impacting it. You can get a whole lot of average players to do what he does outside of his moments of brilliance, since he isn't someone you fear the whole game.

I remember getting a fair bit of shtick on here for suggesting he was absolutely terrible in some games for us, Seems as if he is almost getting the Torres treatment now that he is playing so poorly at Man United. Too much "the players around him are trash", and "he needs more help from his teammates" talk. The weird thing is, a lot of it is coming from here as well... lol. You make your own luck and results, and those around you can help, but at the end of the day, it is up to you.

The truth about Mata is, he is a terrific passer and creator with so many glaring weaknesses and holes in his game. He is too small, too weak, too slow, has an average touch, doesn't track back, gets pushed off the ball, is inconsistent and far too often adds artificial value to the game, more so than actually impacting it. You can get a whole lot of average players to do what he does outside of his moments of brilliance, since he isn't someone you fear the whole game.

I think many knew it deep down, but if they accept that our best player had glaring weaknesses that would stop him getting in a top top team that would mean admitting our team were pretty shit. Also I think part of the reason people are so defensive for him is because he was the first creative player in after we were gagging for one through the whole of 10/11, our team lacked so much width and creativity it got the point people were suggesting Charles N Zogbia and David Beckham. Heck we were even looking at Ashley Young hitting the ground running at United with extreme envy.

Similar thing with Ramires actually, is it a coincidence his lack of technical abilty has come under more scrutiny since Matic arrived?

Thiago Alcantara will be Spain's maestro for the next generation.

Not Cesc or Mata.

Wonderful player, although he seems to be very injury prone the last year or so. Koke as well is another potential WC midfielder, has the passing range and vision of Xavi/Alonso but also has the stamina and athleticism. Barcelona are very keen so i could see him playing for them in the future.

On Mata, sadly he's more of a forward than CAM really, he offers next to nothing defensively, when he gets pressed he doesn't have the acceleration Silva does to get away and i'm afraid in the modern game you need that athleticism. On Redcafe some of them have come to the realisation that Jose didn't sell him because he's a negative coach ( :lol:). I have to say this though, attacking-wise Mata is WC, his vision and knack of getting plenty of assist and goals is second to none, it's shame but you really do need to build a team around him.

Wonderful player, although he seems to be very injury prone the last year or so. Koke as well is another potential WC midfielder, has the passing range and vision of Xavi/Alonso but also has the stamina and athleticism. Barcelona are very keen so i could see him playing for them in the future.

On Mata, sadly he's more of a forward than CAM really, he offers next to nothing defensively, when he gets pressed he doesn't have the acceleration Silva does to get away and i'm afraid in the modern game you need that athleticism. On Redcafe some of them have come to the realisation that Jose didn't sell him because he's a negative coach ( :lol:). I have to say this though, attacking-wise Mata is WC, his vision and knack of getting plenty of assist and goals is second to none, it's shame but you really do need to build a team around him.

Well, I always said he was a striker/forward, moreso than a midfielder, however, people on this board that didnt even know Juan mata prior to chelsea seems to have thought otherwise...

Spain new gen is going to be Thiago-Isco with koke or 2/3 of them. I can really see busquets, cesc and mata getting phased out of spain.

Well, I always said he was a striker/forward, moreso than a midfielder, however, people on this board that didnt even know Juan mata prior to chelsea seems to have thought otherwise...

Spain new gen is going to be Thiago-Isco with koke or 2/3 of them. I can really see busquets, cesc and mata getting phased out of spain.

will be very happy if Spain dont use Cesc ,,, will help him in our games

World-class if he plays in a team build around his strengths where he can play that free flowing CAM role just behind the striker( or more like a second striker), pretty much like we did under Benitez.

You take him out of his comfort zone and he starts to show his actual weakness.

Can't believe he was very good at Valencia when he played as a winger.

This guy is truly something when he is at his best and is ruining his career at United.

No doubt there is a frustation in there. Feel sorry a little bit for him.

Now that Radamel come, a lot of people said Mata will be benched. Always thought his best place in England will always be in Chelsea.

Hope he could go back to Spain or join Torres in Italy or something if the situation and condition turn out to be worsen and worsen for him at MU.

Putting aside all this constant talk about his weaknesses (which never seem to end), you have to feel sorry for the little fella. Things have gone quite horribly wrong for him since last summer.

And this isn't exactly new but the Italian reports are linking him to Juventus. Considering Max Allegri favors the diamond system, perhaps him moving to Italy wouldn't be a bad move (and he can reunite with his love bird :ph34r: ).

Putting aside all this constant talk about his weaknesses (which never seem to end), you have to feel sorry for the little fella. Things have gone quite horribly wrong for him since last summer.

And this isn't exactly new but the Italian reports are linking him to Juventus. Considering Max Allegri favors the diamond system, perhaps him moving to Italy wouldn't be a bad move (and he can reunite with his love bird :ph34r: ).

Love bird :lol: