Juan Mata

Severinb

For how excited i am about Hazard playing for Chelsea, and how much I would love to see Hulk here, the club should still look to build the team and attack around Mata next season to move forward. We don't know how long it will take for new players to adapt at the club. I don't envisage 'second season syndrome' for Mata, I actually expect him to get better. I try not to let youtube videos influence my opinion of a player but I know just how good Mata is so enjoy this one I found and remember this was his first season in the Premiership.

Rumours that Chelsea will give Mata time off after the Olympics and as a result he won't likely be available until September.

I read somewhere he has played 2008/09 season wiv valencia, confederations cup with spain, 2009/10 season with valencia, world cup with spain, 2010/11 season with valencia, U21 championships with spain, 2011/12 season with chelsea, euros with spain and now olympics. It means he hasn't had a proper summer break since 2008!

The most important thing is for Mata to continue fresh and injury free because a firing Mata will give Hazard the chance to adapt without as much pressure on.

http://www.eplindex.com/16315/david-silva-vs-juan-mata-opta-stats-11-12.html

A very good stat comparison between Mata and Silva.

Backs up my opinion which is that silva is currently a slightly better player but mata had a stronger first season in the prem than silva. Hopefully mata will go from strength to strength next season, especially with more technically sound players around him and put this argument to bed before it becomes the spanish gerrard/lampard debate!

Silva is more calm on the ball, plays one dimensional football and can tackle bit better, while Mata is younger and will get that calm passing and decision making, but he is already better dribbler and has ways to outrun opponent. I think they could be compared like Xavi and Iniesta. Both are unique and needed, but Silva suits Xavi more since all he does is more certain, while Mata (Iniesta) has faster play and more unpredictable. In the end, Silva is experienced player and has probably more stamina than Mata right now, maybe more balance, but Mata is two years younger and by age 26, he will get all what Silva has.

But I agree, we shouldnt overhype him too much, he had fantastic season and I think next will be statisticaly less impressive, but his play will evolve into more responsible, more balanced. Having Hazard, Marin, (Oscar?), (Hulk?) along him, his play will be splitted

between them and he will have more time to focus on game-dicatating. Player that just has

something more inside than Hazard or Hulk. The spark, that truly reminds on that one of Zola.

Silva at the moment is the best hands down.

But Mata has the potential to become better because of his mentality.

Silva mentality, is like...meh whatever.

Mata is more drive, passion, and heart. This usually helps takes a player to the next lvl if he has the skill.

BTW Mata in a couple of years I will put him in the Lampard type. Those players that become big when the going gets tough.

For years we had our generals in Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Ballack, Cech and such.

Now we are building a new backbone of Mata, David Luiz, Ramires, Cahill and such.

So after a great 7 to 8 years with the old guard, a new one is emerging and like Drogba said after winning the CL that he wanted to show the new players what it is to be a Chelsea player. Never give in, and fight till the end. That before him other players showed him the way like Terry, and now they where doing the same with these new younger players.

What was the only problem (or advantage on other side) with our old guard was that they were brought not realy young Anelka, Ballack, Malouda, Drogba all arrived when they were 26yrs plus. Lampard came at young age, or Cech, but there are many players, we couldnt use for more years, like Beletti, Deco, Sheva,...

This having Hazard, Marin, Oscar, Luiz,...is new generation that is created with different intentions. Sure ending point is winning trophies, but old guard, Mourinho team or whatever is called was brought together to win PL and after it, CL. It didnt matter how, just win it in shortest possible time. This generation is made of great talents; it will be required longer time for them to win anything. The point is not win CL anymore, but play nice football, one that soon everyone will love. And with such style, trophies will arrive in few years. When Mata will be 26, we already might be one of teams with beautifulest and dominating football, while Drogba just arrived at age 26. Imagine how much could then Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Cahill,...achieve. Certainly project worth a lot of attention.

What was the only problem (or advantage on other side) with our old guard was that they were brought not realy young Anelka, Ballack, Malouda, Drogba all arrived when they were 26yrs plus. Lampard came at young age, or Cech, but there are many players, we couldnt use for more years, like Beletti, Deco, Sheva,...

This having Hazard, Marin, Oscar, Luiz,...is new generation that is created with different intentions. Sure ending point is winning trophies, but old guard, Mourinho team or whatever is called was brought together to win PL and after it, CL. It didnt matter how, just win it in shortest possible time. This generation is made of great talents; it will be required longer time for them to win anything. The point is not win CL anymore, but play nice football, one that soon everyone will love. And with such style, trophies will arrive in few years. When Mata will be 26, we already might be one of teams with beautifulest and dominating football, while Drogba just arrived at age 26. Imagine how much could then Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Cahill,...achieve. Certainly project worth a lot of attention.

Which is why I think Sturridge and Lukaku are more important then Torres. Torres comes too late.

By the time it is the hour for Torres to leave, these two should be ready to step up.

I don't know why, but I always envision a Sturridge - Lukaku partnership like the old partnership of Hasselbaink - Gudjohnsen

Which is why I think Sturridge and Lukaku are more important then Torres. Torres comes too late.

By the time it is the hour for Torres to leave, these two should be ready to step up.

I don't know why, but I always envision a Sturridge - Lukaku partnership like the old partnership of Hasselbaink - Gudjohnsen

Haha,,same here. More so because I don't think Sturridge will ever succeed here as a lone striker.

AND CAN I GET AN AMEN!!