Juan Mata

Severinb

So he will miss most of pre-season, the community shield and the preliminary PL games?...

Hazard will claim Mata’s role in the squad now then, clearly Juan hasn't thought of that possibility/scenario. Unless the formation is changed accordingly, he could find himself stuck on the wings, unless RDM caters for both of them in an ‘interchanging’ role. Essentially though, we need both of them to gain an understanding with each other before the season, which can't happen now. Shit..

Relax. If he wants to play for his country in the olympics, he has every right to. Everything will work out. As Mata said himself, he is a young man with plenty of energy. Unlike last season Mata will have cover/backup so he can be rested alot more this season and be fresh. Also he'll be playing in the centre not on the wing meaning he'll probably do less work as well.

I really hope Spain win Euro 2012 and for only one reason -

Juan Mata will have won three finals in just his first season with us. (F.A. Cup final, Champions League final and Euro 2012 final.), and he really deserves it considering how much he's done with us this season.

Of course we don't really contribute to his successes in Euro 2012, but if he was to get all of the above in his debut season, that just increases the chances of him being loyal to the club in the future in my opinion.

He seems like a wonderful guy, but I always fear that he'll somehow, some day, end up at Real Madrid or Barcelona. (I'd be fine with him returning to Valencia one day. Not soon though.)

Juan Mata will have won three finals in just his first season with us. (F.A. Cup final, Champions League final and Euro 2012 final.), and he really deserves it considering how much he's done with us this season.

Of course we don't really contribute to his successes in Euro 2012, but if he was to get all of the above in his debut season, that just increases the chances of him being loyal to the club in the future in my opinion.

He seems like a wonderful guy, but I always fear that he'll somehow, some day, end up at Real Madrid or Barcelona. (I'd be fine with him returning to Valencia one day. Not soon though.)

Well...Juan Mata was a Real Madrid youth product..played around 30 games for their B team... so you never know, he might return to Madrid someday. As long as he doesn't play for Barcelona, it's all good.

Incredible to think that at the age of 24 he could potentially have been a member of World Cup/European Championship/Champions league/FA Cup winning squads.

Call me a madman if you wish it but I know that Juan Mata will Score 20+ Goals and Assist 20+ Goals next season.

I agree (just not with the 20+ goals part). I think Mata will push on and become a true star. He'll have quality around him which will only compliment him. I don't think he'll get 20+ goals because one bad aspect of Mata's game is his extreme one footedness and sketchy finishing. He will become an Assist machine however.

Spanish/Latin players tend to return to their home nation at some point. It's becoming common. I could see him playing for Madrid in 5 years time. Of course I hope I'm wrong and he stays for much longer.

I agree (just not with the 20+ goals part). I think Mata will push on and become a true star. He'll have quality around him which will only compliment him. I don't think he'll get 20+ goals because one bad aspect of Mata's game is his extreme one footedness and sketchy finishing. He will become an Assist machine however.

Spanish/Latin players tend to return to their home nation at some point. It's becoming common. I could see him playing for Madrid in 5 years time. Of course I hope I'm wrong and he stays for much longer.

I feel he has a very strong finish. I agree he has a poor right foot. His highest goal tally is 14 goals so I can easily see him breaking the 20 barrier soon.

I disagree on the last statement. I feel they do it as much as every other nationality.

Its shame... So he will miss the CS, some PL games, and the preseason. We should prohibit this whole thing....Excellent.... I know, this is honour and pleasure form him, but really? The olympics is not the Euro or the WC... Im very disappointed. He should reject the possibility. He will be tired like shit on the next season, and he is our maybe best player, and he will not fight for us in CS, and in some other important games. For me as a Chelsea fan, I really disappointed in him.

If he wants to play for Spain, then it's up to him. The Olympics will be a maximum of 6 matches and probably fewer (Even if Spain win it all, they might rest players if they clinch the division and of course, they might not go to the finals.) Looking at the schedule, the only way this becomes an issue is if Spain go to the semi-finals in which case, Mata would only have a week or so to rest for Chelsea's first game. Worst-case scenario, Spain wins it all and Chelsea sit him for one game against Wigan and Mata gets a 13 day rest.

I feel he has a very strong finish. I agree he has a poor right foot. His highest goal tally is 14 goals so I can easily see him breaking the 20 barrier soon.

I disagree on the last statement. I feel they do it as much as every other nationality.

I think Cesc Fabregas's transfer has paved the way for Spanish and especially Catalonian players to return at some stage. The 'Barca DNA' will become more and more prominent.

I think Cesc Fabregas's transfer has paved the way for Spanish and especially Catalonian players to return at some stage. The 'Barca DNA' will become more and more prominent.

I think it's pretty normal as players get older and have families, to want to go "home". It's not something I'd worry about with Mata though. For one, you have a player now and for the foreseeable future. Why fret over what may be?. Also, I believe his sister lives in England so he has a tie there (and he might just prefer living in London). Thirdly, Spanish football is serious long-term trouble. La Liga teams are in something like 3B pounds of debt.with six teams in bankruptcy. With the current economic troubles in Europe, especially in Spain, who knows what the future holds.

I think it's pretty normal as players get older and have families, to want to go "home". It's not something I'd worry about with Mata though. For one, you have a player now and for the foreseeable future. Why fret over what may be?. Also, I believe his sister lives in England so he has a tie there (and he might just prefer living in London). Thirdly, Spanish football is serious long-term trouble. La Liga teams are in something like 3B pounds of debt.with six teams in bankruptcy. With the current economic troubles in Europe, especially in Spain, who knows what the future holds.

Yeah I just can't see Mata leaving us for a long time. Firstly he doesn't seem to be the type who would kick up a fuss if we rejected a bid from another club for him.

Also he has already commented this season that he loves English football because of the competition. He was fed up with playing in Spain and the stranglehold Madrid and Barca have, basically implying it boring.

And he loves London. For me this is a huge advantage that we have with keeping our foreign players.