James

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Lampard still playing full 90 mins....

We are turning into Lampard FC!

Yossi and Josh who had a better pre-season still don't get a chance....

I still say it, so far, AVB has shown nothing what Carlo could have done. Players he bought, could have easily be bought by Carlo.

And no youth. PVA, Bertrand, Josh Kakuta all lost!

You saw how the game changed completely when Mata and Lukaku came on. Their movement and link up play was/is absolutely brilliant, that's one thing Torres lacks atm

I agree, Torres isn't sharp, however Lukaku lacked a bit of play side passing which could of opened up into one on ones, however this is his first game and i'm not going to knock him, im so proud of Mata and Lukaku.

Very tough game, probably tougher than it should have been., Started brightly, faded, conceded then sparked back into life. Clearly there is some work that needs to be done but that workload was decreased significantly upon the arrival of Juan Mata, bright, sharp, very intelligent, quick and technically as good as you like and a superb passer (as seen with his sublime ball to Ramires on the conuter), he performed a minor miracle rarely seen at Stamford Bridge by players wearing a blue jersey when he actually skipped past an opposition player in a one vs one situation, its possible the last time that happened was when Arjen Robben was playing for us. Its Juan Mata who will dominate the headlines, and rightly so, an excellent cameo topped off with a goal but the other debutant, Romelu Lukaku, was also excellent. This guy will be a big favourite at Chelsea, his power, his speed and his willingness to get on the ball in difficult situations are all of the things we like to see and his commitment to the cause is unquestionable, on a day where Drogba was stretchered off the pitch, the new Drogba has arrived.

Hilario, after playing well today and playing well against West Brom had to throw a clanger in there somewhere, just to confirm it really is him playing. My pick for man of the match is Ramires, the dominant force in midfield today, his running power, his eye for a pass and his discplined defending were all essential today, he just gets better and better and right now would definitely get my vote for Chelsea's best midfielder at this point in time, the speed he displayed to win the ball for the penalty was pretty incredible. No matter who we bring in this Summer, Ramires should be a regular in the starting 11 regardless.

But today is Juan Mata's day, a star is born.

Mata coming on and one man up (space, space and more space) made the last 20 minutes look good. Good teams will kill Chelsea for the first 70 minutes. Hopefully, a world class MF coming in along with Mata starting will be enough.

Pity Mata and Torres only had a few minutes together. Lukaku did look very lively when he came on but Torres would loved all that space. And the two did hook up once for the shot on goal. Oh Brana with the missed header...

Anybody got an update on Drogba? over the moon with the finish to the game but Drogba's injury was damn scary... Hope too hear good news.

@BluesChronicle

Word on Drogba is that he has only just come around in the medical room after being out cold for almost half an hour. More when I get it.