Can already see the difference

Tomo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good post ..a point well deserved and a lot of positives from our performance .two years ago we were conceeding goals from crosses and corners, our defence is much more secure now . Cech was tremendous under pressure yesterday and Torres was what we know he can be

We missed Lampard & Drogba last season but some fans have forgotten how good a defender Alex is - so badly missed. Cech was superb & has continued his form from last season.

As for Kalou, well we all know he only ever produces from the bench, him & Maloulda were given an opportunity to stake their claim in the side but as expected failed miserably, you would of thought they would grab their chance knowing AVB's selection policy? Besides I don't see either player in the side come the end of the month.

Can anybody tell me why the Torres penalty appeal wasn't given? (the one by the 18 yard angle) it looked an absolute stonewaller to me?

That was an appalling no call. The only question should have been if it was in or outside the box. Aside from the penalty shouts, Halsey was disgraceful in the way he allowed Stoke to play rugby at a PL game. They were treating Torres like a ragdoll and all Halsey did a few times was blow his whistle. No warnings, no cards aside from one. But Stoke got what they wanted, slow down Chelsea playing football and batter Torres. Luckily he managed to stay healthy.

That was an appalling no call. The only question should have been if it was in or outside the box. Aside from the penalty shouts, Halsey was disgraceful in the way he allowed Stoke to play rugby at a PL game. They were treating Torres like a ragdoll and all Halsey did a few times was blow his whistle. No warnings, no cards aside from one. But Stoke got what they wanted, slow down Chelsea playing football and batter Torres. Luckily he managed to stay healthy.

The foul on Lampard was even more blatant, I think Torres was fouled just outside the box... and that he took a dive later in the 6-yard box (although he was being held just before that), but the foul on Lampard was the purest call you could give, but Halsey had his head stuck up too deep in his a'hole.

Thing that worries me about Torres is the way the defenders played him in the last match. The Stoke defenders kept trying to hurt him. Now the next opponents will have the same dirty tactics. Well, that is if Torres keeps himself injury-free.

I'm not so sure other teams will be as dirty, and it was not very effective now was it... it's more effective to close him down quickly with 2 or more players rather than concede free-kicks left and right.

Thing that worries me about Torres is the way the defenders played him in the last match. The Stoke defenders kept trying to hurt him. Now the next opponents will have the same dirty tactics. Well, that is if Torres keeps himself injury-free.

Torres is stronger than what most people think, he can nutmeg a few defenders on his day.

Torres is about 6'1 and 78 kg, he's not a flower. And if he was bigger, they would just kick him harder.

He's been hacked since he got to England. The Stoke game is nothing new. It's unfortunate the FA allows its best skilled players to receive constant abuse. I guess being big and tough is more than actually playing football.

In his very first game for Liverpool, JT was kicking him all game too. Remember how he just gave JT a cheeky slap? He handled Stoke's rugby tackles pretty well. Stoke are the most physical team in the league. What they play shouldn't even be called "football". Most teams don't play that way and I certainly don't think West Brom or Norwich will be anywhere near as bad

I think it was his second season at Liverpool. Early on in the season he was getting the sh*t kicked out of him on a regular basis by defenders with no protection from the refs. Even sported a black eye from one of his outings. Rafa told him in Rafa's kind and gentle way to quit complaining, focus on his game and the team, and just play. Torres went on a little scoring rampage. Don't let the hair band and blond hair fool you. He's no shrinking violet and actually seems to play a little better when he's ticked off. Somebody said Terry and Alex relish the physical challenge. I think Torres does too in his own way.

In his very first game for Liverpool, JT was kicking him all game too. Remember how he just gave JT a cheeky slap? He handled Stoke's rugby tackles pretty well. Stoke are the most physical team in the league. What they play shouldn't even be called "football". Most teams don't play that way and I certainly don't think West Brom or Norwich will be anywhere near as bad

LOL, I think that's on Youtube somewhere. I remember someone asked him about that and Terry's shouting at him and Torres laughed and said it didn't matter to him since he didn't understand English (at the time).

Remember last season Liverpool v Chelsea when Torres and Terry collided? I'll be generous and say it was an aerial challenge but at the time it looked like Terry climbed over the back of Torres and hit him in the back of the head with his knee. Torres wasn't too thrilled. How'd that end? Torres another goal after already scoring one early on. That's the Torres I love to watch who plays with a swagger and confidence. Hoping we'll see more of that at Chelsea.

Yeah, but fundamentally, those goals came from passes to him in and near the box. Kuyt's pass for the first goal was fantastic. Meireles pass to Torres was more pedestrian but kudos for recognizing Torres had Brana isolated on the left. What Torres did after was pure individual class.