Can already see the difference

Tomo

In his very first game for Liverpool, JT was kicking him all game too. Remember how he just gave JT a cheeky slap? He handled Stoke's rugby tackles pretty well. Stoke are the most physical team in the league. What they play shouldn't even be called "football". Most teams don't play that way and I certainly don't think West Brom or Norwich will be anywhere near as bad

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but again it has shown us that we need the so long awaited creative midfielder and a tricky winger. Look at United today, 1-1, Young takes the ball and BAM they get 3 points. Can you expect Kalou or Malouda to do that?

Not to sound like a prick,but he did do something similar a couple of seasons ago against Stoke :P

Sorry but I can't see major differences. Only visible deviation from last year is the high backline and the emphasis on crossing from width. The play has quickened up to a degree, I'll give you that.

It's only been 2 games so while trying to avoid sounding like a miserable bastard, I have to say I'm worried that we still seem to feel our way into games and rely on growing into them rather than take the matter by the neck and dominate from the off. On both occasions so far the second half has seen a marked improvement over the first, which makes you think why can't that happen from kickoff itself?

Sorry but I can't see major differences. Only visible deviation from last year is the high backline and the emphasis on crossing from width. The play has quickened up to a degree, I'll give you that.

It's only been 2 games so while trying to avoid sounding like a miserable bastard, I have to say I'm worried that we still seem to feel our way into games and rely on growing into them rather than take the matter by the neck and dominate from the off. On both occasions so far the second half has seen a marked improvement over the first, which makes you think why can't that happen from kickoff itself?

Gotta agree with you there. It's still the same old same old. How much can the manager really improve things when it's the same exact team as last season.You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Sharper Torres is made to look like an idiot because he's playing a different game to many of his teammates. I really fear it'll be the same shit for him and we'll have to hear all the crap all over again. AVB, please, please play some creativity behind him or stick with Drogba.

This squad has never been a 1st half team, with none of the coaches. And how often have we seen Chelsea concede first and only then start playing? It's beyond me why it is so, but it is worrying... I think lack of motivation is maybe an issue, they need good hard beating from the manager during half time to feel upbeat again, and having a few unmotivated sloths on the field will make a difference for the negative. We also seem to underestimate our opponents and once they punish us for that, then we start showing our true nature... It's something that has been worrying me not only today, not the previous fixture, but for years starting somewhere around when Mourinho was still here.

Gotta agree with you there. It's still the same old same old. How much can the manager really improve things when it's the same exact team as last season.You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Read it somewhere that its the Chelsea time warp. Time advances but nothing really changes. I'm still hoping for the evolution of change to occur under AVB but a lot of things still look very much the same.

I hope for a Mata, a Modric, or players like them. I hope they are incorporated into the team and we can see something positive moving forward. Not expecting huge changes but to see the game end with the exact same lineup as last year except for Bos was weird. Still the same issues as last season.

Jesus all the pessimism, we have Danny returning from suspension Lukaku, Romeu and hopefully Modric, Mata and with any luck more, yes we have made a slow start but could have done a lot worse.

Arsenal 97/98 and 01/02

Manchester United 98/99, 02/03, 07/08, 08/09 and 10/11

Chelsea 04/05

Barcelona 08/09 and 10/11

All started slowly and uncovincinly and ended up with the league title some more.

KTF FFS

Read it somewhere that its the Chelsea time warp. Time advances but nothing really changes. I'm still hoping for the evolution of change to occur under AVB but a lot of things still look very much the same.

I hope for a Mata, a Modric, or players like them. I hope they are incorporated into the team and we can see something positive moving forward. Not expecting huge changes but to see the game end with the exact same lineup as last year except for Bos was weird. Still the same issues as last season.

The commentator said during the game 'the manager changes but the players always stay the same'.

It is absolute insanity starting a game with Kalou and expecting him to play well.