Can already see the difference

Tomo

There was nothing different at all from last season.Same team with the exact same lack of quality in wide areas and no creative ability in midfield.

If you wanted changes then you should have watched the Man Utd game, who even after winning the league comfortably, improved their squad and promoted young players into the starting line-up.

Chelsea don't do change.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was nothing different at all from last season.Same team with the exact same lack of quality in wide areas and no creative ability in midfield.

If you wanted changes then you should have watched the Man Utd game, who even after winning the league comfortably, improved their squad and promoted young players into the starting line-up.

Chelsea don't do change.

Sorry but i can't agree with that.

3 players (all with not one single CL game between them may i add) have came in and 6 very expierenced players have gone out (Brown, O Shea, Scholes, VDS, Neville, Hargreavs). remember what happened to us when we tried a similar squad cutting exercise last season? Also not forgetting VDS single handedly won United 15 points last season atleast, can you really see De Gea doing the same? this season anyway.

Sorry but i can't agree with that.

3 players (all with not one single CL game between them may i add) have came in and 6 very expierenced players have gone out (Brown, O Shea, Scholes, VDS, Neville, Hargreavs). remember what happened to us when we tried a similar squad cutting exercise last season? Also not forgetting VDS single handedly won United 15 points last season atleast, can you really see De Gea doing the same? this season anyway.

Brown, O'Shea were marginal figures. Smalling and Evans will give you the same if not more.

Neville was useless and hardly played. Hargreaves was always injured and hardly played.

De Gea will get better. He is one of the top young keepers in the world and is only 20.

They only really had to replace VdS and Scholes. Not the other 4 players you are including to try and beef up your argument.

Brown, O'Shea were marginal figures. Smalling and Evans will give you the same if not more.

Neville was useless and hardly played. Hargreaves was always injured and hardly played.

De Gea will get better. He is one of the top young keepers in the world and is only 20.

They only really had to replace VdS and Scholes. Not the other 4 players you are including to try and beef up your argument.

Brown and O Shea were still decent squad players that would fill in and never dis-apoint, Hargreavs and Neville may not have played that much but they were still key figures in the dressing room.

Also i don't think they are as strong defensively, Rio and Vidic ain't the same as they were in 2008 and a few years back they had VDS one of the best keepers around with Kuzsack and Foster (two proven premier goallie's as back up) now they have the nervous De Gea with Lindegard (who even the great dane said aint good enough to be number one) and Amos (who didn't even imprese in league one) as back up. A few injuries could leave them looking thin and say Rio and Vidic have similar injury problems to JT and Alex last season could Smalling, JOnes, De Gea and Cleverly really turn it around when the chips are down?

They won it last season because every one else was shit more than anything else, this year imo they are there for the taking just depends on whether there is a team that could grab the opportunity by both hands, if Fergie was not incharge i would have said they don't stand a chance.

We came away with a very fortunate draw there last season so yesterdays performance was a step in the right direction despite only drawing, Stoke are a tough nut to crack on their on patch so not too disappointed - there won't be many teams going there & coming away with 3 points judging on that defensive display.

The performance by Torres should give us all confidence - he looked so Sharp. I think AVB's hands were tied a little with the fact Sturridge was unavailable but he has highlighted what we have all been saying for weeks/months in that winger(s) & a creative midfielder is so badly needed. Let's hope that we acquire those targets by the end of August.

Brown and O Shea were still decent squad players that would fill in and never dis-apoint, Hargreavs and Neville may not have played that much but they were still key figures in the dressing room.

Also i don't think they are as strong defensively, Rio and Vidic ain't the same as they were in 2008 and a few years back they had VDS one of the best keepers around with Kuzsack and Foster (two proven premier goallie's as back up) now they have the nervous De Gea with Lindegard (who even the great dane said aint good enough to be number one) and Amos (who didn't even imprese in league one) as back up. A few injuries could leave them looking thin and say Rio and Vidic have similar injury problems to JT and Alex last season could Smalling, JOnes, De Gea and Cleverly really turn it around when the chips are down?

They won it last season because every one else was shit more than anything else, this year imo they are there for the taking just depends on whether there is a team that could grab the opportunity by both hands, if Fergie was not incharge i would have said they don't stand a chance.

Ok, fair enough. But you have to admire their ability to constantly change and still manage to remain on top right? Why are we so afraid of change? Why can't we get some new players in?

Ok, fair enough. But you have to admire their ability to constantly change and still manage to remain on top right? Why are we so afraid of change? Why can't we get some new players in?

Last few season's we have stood still a bit granted, but i think were slowly heading in the right direction and the summer signing's prove that.

If we can sign that creative player and winger (Nasri and Hazard and ill be Roman and Andre's salve for 6 monthS) and imho we should be favroites, no-one is giving us a chance but no-one gave Andre's Porto a chance last season at this time.

Next year there be another step in the right direction, Anelka and most likely Malouda wil finally be off the wage bill and it would not have come a day to soon.

That's because Fergie is in charge.

True. He is both manager and director of football. Total and absolute control. But if Boas doesn't even recognize Kalou's lack of ability then he shouldn't have any control either.

He has survived 5 managers not including Andre so they must see something we don't. Either way atleast he gives his all on the pitch so i can forgive any lack of abilty if they give there all, which makes me angry at the player on the other side of the "wing" at Stoke.

Even tho i like him using Wenger and Kalou's mutual admiration to sweeten a Nasri deal sounds tempting.

We came away with a very fortunate draw there last season so yesterdays performance was a step in the right direction despite only drawing, Stoke are a tough nut to crack on their on patch so not too disappointed - there won't be many teams going there & coming away with 3 points judging on that defensive display.

The performance by Torres should give us all confidence - he looked so Sharp. I think AVB's hands were tied a little with the fact Sturridge was unavailable but he has highlighted what we have all been saying for weeks/months in that winger(s) & a creative midfielder is so badly needed. Let's hope that we acquire those targets by the end of August.

good post ..a point well deserved and a lot of positives from our performance .two years ago we were conceeding goals from crosses and corners, our defence is much more secure now . Cech was tremendous under pressure yesterday and Torres was what we know he can be

True. He is both manager and director of football. Total and absolute control. But if Boas doesn't even recognize Kalou's lack of ability then he shouldn't have any control either.

It was just one game, when he didn't have full squad available..I'm 100% sure if Danny wasn't suspended he would be starting.

Fergie also has his share of bad signings.

Kalou was awful.. cannot believe i used to stick up for him when he recieved somewhat deserved flack. Just didnt add anything to the game. Malouda and Lampard were passengers, not enough from them.

Felt Bosingwa played well but why not stick him on the Right wing? He's quick, attacks the defence and can whip it in. He's not as good defensively than say Ivanovic, so at least until Studge comes back, he's surely worth a go? Torres looked much fitter and stronger yesterday, came up against a tough defense but looked good on the ball. Ramires, for me, was man of the match. Exactly what we want, going forward with pace and power, which is great quality for someone who isnt the biggest or the tallest. Good performance, we were unlucky not to break through their back four. We were flying last year and took a terrible fall at this end of the season, would much rather us progressively improve and then start to take the reigns of the league.

Felt Bosingwa played well but why not stick him on the Right wing? He's quick, attacks the defence and can whip it in.

Whip it in? His crossing is atrocious. It's such a pity because he runs so well and finds himself with a lot of space but the crosses he produces are simply ridiculous

Kalou must definitely have pass completion under 50 percent. Because all he does is give the ball away.

50 perfect seems awfully high for Kalou tbh :shoot: