Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

did he really think he could play in a club like Chelsea and have no competition?

either he's a retard or getting really deluded about himself

did Drogba say he want to leave Chelsea after Cheva came in? no, he stayed and took his place back by scoring goals as a substitute

that's what good players do

Yeah, if true, I doubt very much Mourinho will tolerate this for a second; It'll be goodbye Romelu. I've said it many times before that the kid needed to learn to shut his mouth so it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. It looks like he talked his way out of this club as I imagined he would if he didn't stop running his mouth.

I'm sorry but there is something wrong with those quotes. He just can't go from this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646047/Romelu-Lukaku-insists-wants-stay-Chelsea-despite-uncertainty.html

To wanting to leave in just 3 days!

The mail has taken the article down while neither the telegraph nor the guardian give a reference or say where or when he said so. They could just be relying on the mails fake quotes.

Let's wait a bit more before we pass judgement.

Correct.

I'm sorry but there is something wrong with those quotes. He just can't go from this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646047/Romelu-Lukaku-insists-wants-stay-Chelsea-despite-uncertainty.html

why not lock this thread till the morning

The mail has taken the article down while neither the telegraph nor the guardian give a reference or say where or when he said so. They could just be relying on the mails fake quotes.

why not lock this thread till the morning

Yea we should wait a little ..

Hmm on second thought perhaps we shouldn't pass judgement so quickly. The apparent sources of the original quotes say something very different to what has been printed in the English media:

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/diablesrouges/detail_lukaku-fait-l-eloge-d-origi-auquel-il-laisse-sa-place-samedi?id=8286304

http://www.dhnet.be/dernieres-depeches/belga/diables-rouges-romelu-lukaku-fait-l-eloge-de-divock-origi-auquel-il-laisse-sa-place-samedi-5391c8c73570d60b4dc14687

I'd be very surprised if the Guardian just printed quotes without checking them though.

Here we go, the actual translation of the quotes he made in an interview with a Belgian website:

"With Chelsea I saw a lot of good strikers come and go the last years, so we'll see what the future brings. I know a lot of clubs are interested in me, but first I want to play a good WC. If we do well there, everyone wins." That's it, no more.

He's basically just saying that he knows that his future at Chelsea is not guaranteed which is only realistic. Nothing about wanting to leave what so ever.

Fuck the daily fail. This is low, even for them!

I can understand the Mail ,, I find it harder to understand some of the members on here ..

What the fuck is wrong with the English press? i hope he never said it tbh, he would be a perfect second striker, who knows he might out perform Costa. If he did say it than he can go, we don't need anyone like that at our club.

You cant really defend him after coming out with that, i'm sorry but he's not even willing to try and fight for his place, he wants it handed to him! This is Chelsea mate not fucking Everton... Drogba had to fight for his place, Lampard did (especially when Roman just took over), Jt, Essien, Azpi, Cahil etc, what i don't get is THAT if he is our second striker he'll start plenty of games.. he's just getting too big for his boots i'm afraid.

Seriously? Demba fucking Ba and a past it Eto'o? "whoah" indeed. The thing that pisses me of the most is when he says "no problem many clubs are interested in me", i thought he 'loves' Chelsea? he can fuck off to one of those club for all i care tbh...

Also this quotes are real, The Telegraph and The Guardian are 100 percent reliable when it comes to quotes.

like to comment ???? but you were by no means the only one or the worst

like to comment ???? but you were by no means the only one or the worst

The Guardian and Telegraph are usually spot on, you cant really blame anyone for believing it. On Lukaku i like him and want him to play for Chelsea, i was just disappointed by the comments, if they are fake than fair play, i hold my hands up because i did overreact.

That's exactly why I always put the badge first. Players come and go all the time, its the badge that endures...

If Lukaku really said that its no problem he's not exactly the most sought after striker in the World but will fetch a nice little kitty. I've always said and remain I only want those who want to be here fighting for the club... If Lukaku doesn't want to be challenged and wants to just be guaranteed a spot in the starting XI of a top 5 club in the world then by all means he can fuck right off to Wolfsburg with DeBruyne. I thought this kid had the passion for the badge, seems he's more about himself and doesn't want to test himself against the best...

Hope its not true but if it is... Oh well! See ya!