Oriol Romeu joins Chelsea

Sheva.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've gathered it isn't a buy-back clause it's a first-refusal clause i.e. if we decide to sell Barcelona have to be his first option. Now this is just what I've read on a few sites so it might not be accurate but it makes far more sense.

"Spanish sources also claim that Barca will have a clause in the deal inserted which will allow them to buy highly-rated Romeu back in the summer of 2013." - Sky Sports

If that's true, this is a real crock of shit. What would be the point? Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle for two seasons with him and he's fantastic. Even so he goes back to Barca most likely on the cheap. I sincerely hope that we only include a first refusal clause at most.

From what I've gathered it isn't a buy-back clause it's a first-refusal clause i.e. if we decide to sell Barcelona have to be his first option. Now this is just what I've read on a few sites so it might not be accurate but it makes far more sense.

yeah i`d tend to agree that that is what it must be..doesn`t make much sense for a big club like ours to be any part of a deal like that..could understand if we were a smaller club that is just trying some sort of publicity stunt. but no it makes no sense for us.

Think they were poached by Arsenal and ManU as their contracts were running out. Not that it matters Henrique's point was too simplistic.

it was more like they couldnt sign pro contracts till they were 18 in spain, so man u and arse poached them....and it was before the comeback of barca

Strange, isn't it? Suppose he plays very well and Barca hand in 8 million, then we are contractually bound to accept the bid. It still remains upto the player whether to accept Barca's contract though.

This is wrong.

We do not have to sell him back. It's down to our choice first, however should we choose to sell him period, then Barcelona get that cut-price.

This is wrong.

We do not have to sell him back. It's down to our choice first, however should we choose to sell him period, then Barcelona get that cut-price.

Yes and no.

If Batcelona decide to get him back, then they will pay 5m.

If we decide to keep him, then We must pay some amount of money.

Its going to be like Bojan deal. He left for 12m. Then If Barcelona want him, in two years they pay 13m, or Roma must pay 28m to keep him. Total= 40m.

Based on Bojan numbers, that is 3 times most expensive than Romeu, then we must pay something around 10m to keep him. Total = 14m.

For me its a good deal. If he dont become a huge succees, its not a problem. Only 4m. If he become a regular starting XI then he will only cost around 15m, wich is a good price for a good young DM.

The only problem is that he might decide to go back to Batcelona after that.

This is wrong.

No - what you're talking about is first refusal. Romeu has a buy-back clause, which is totally different. It's like having a release clause, but only for the team that originally sold him. Once the release clause is met, the bid has to be accepted.

OFFICIAL.

NEWSFLASH: TERMS AGREED FOR ORIOL

Posted on: Sat 23 Jul 2011 Chelsea Football Club has agreed terms with Barcelona for the transfer of Oriol Romeu.

The news was announced by Andre Villas-Boas in Bangkok.

The player has yet to have a medical or agree personal terms and is currently away with Spain at the Under 20 World Cup.

The 19-year-old is a defensive midfielder who made his La Liga debut for Barcelona at the end of last season.

Source