Oriol Romeu joins Chelsea

Sheva.

No - what you're talking about is first refusal. Romeu has a buy-back clause, which is totally different. It's like having a release clause, but only for the team that originally sold him. Once the release clause is met, the bid has to be accepted.

How do You know he has a buy out clause?

Its not like that. Chelsea dont have to sell him back. All we need to do is pay more. Just like Bojan deal with Roma.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not like that. Chelsea dont have to sell him back. All we need to do is pay more. Just like Bojan deal with Roma.

henrique, this is completely off topic but while ive got you here, whats the deal with piazon? I was listening to a south american football correspondant talking the other day and he was saying that noone there could understand why we have signed him. Apparently even the under 17's coach cant understand why we signed him as he thinks none of that crop of young players are particularly stand out! Whats your view on him? Ps sorry everyone for the off topic

From what I've gathered from sources across the web. Also, those sources don't make any mention of the increased payment 2 years down the line (40m in Bojan's case).

We buy him now for 5 million, and if Barca activate the buy-back clause he is sold for 8 million in 2013. In effect a loan for 2 years, while being paid 3 million to take him on loan.

henrique, this is completely off topic but while ive got you here, whats the deal with piazon? I was listening to a south american football correspondant talking the other day and he was saying that noone there could understand why we have signed him. Apparently even the under 17's coach cant understand why we signed him as he thinks none of that crop of young players are particularly stand out! Whats your view on him? Ps sorry everyone for the off topic

This south american correspondent must be crazy or clueless.

Piazon was one of best brazilians u-17 players. Juventus also wanted him, but he decided that english football was the best option for him.

Im not saying he will be a great player, Im saying that its easy to understand why Chelsea got him. He knows something about football.

From what I've gathered from sources across the web. Also, those sources don't make any mention of the increased payment 2 years down the line (40m in Bojan's case).

We buy him now for 5 million, and if Barca activate the buy-back clause he is sold for 8 million in 2013. In effect a loan for 2 years, while being paid 3 million to take him on loan.

I cant believe im saying this but looks like Ron Gourlay has done some decent business with this deal! Or it could be AVb's doing.

Thats the problem. All You know is the news that came from spanish press, and You are talking like you know everything about the deal

We did not even signed him yet. So what you saying is pure speculation.

For me its obvious that his contract is like Borjan's. Otherwise no club would buy a 19 year old player to give him back to his former club 2 years later whitouth even having the option to keep him with some more cash.

What You saying is pure nosense, clubs like Chelsea dont get teenagers on loan,

Thats the problem. All You know is the news that came from spanish press, and You are talking like you know everything about the deal

We did not even signed him yet. So what you saying is pure speculation.

For me its obvious that his contract is like Borjan's. Otherwise no club would buy a 19 year old player to give him back to his former club 2 years later whitouth even having the option to keep him with some more cash.

What You saying is pure nosense, clubs like Chelsea dont get teenagers on loan,

1. You are free to believe what you want, I post what I believe is correct. Feel free to ignore.

2. We have reached an agreement - it's on our official site.

3. Applying your own line of reasoning, what you say is pure speculation as well.

4. Suggest you look up the meaning of the words ''in effect''.

1. You are free to believe what you want, I post what I believe is correct. Feel free to ignore.

2. We have reached an agreement - it's on our official site.

3. Applying your own line of reasoning, what you say is pure speculation as well.

We did not signed him yet, We agreed terms with Barcelona, but Romeu is in Colombia, he still has personal terms to agree.

We know very little about this agreement with Barcelona. Wait and see before you complain about it.

We did not signed him yet, We agreed terms with Barcelona, but Romeu is in Colombia, he still has personal terms to agree.

We know very little about this agreement with Barcelona. Wait and see before you complain about it.

That's what I meant when I said that we've reached an agreement.

I'm not complaining about it - I quite like the prospect actually.

Piazon was one of best brazilians u-17 players. Juventus also wanted him, but he decided that english football was the best option for him.

Im not saying he will be a great player, Im saying that its easy to understand why Chelsea got him. He knows something about football.

thats good enough for me mate

thats good enough for me mate