Oriol Romeu joins Chelsea

Sheva.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only watched about 15 mins there but wasnt much to get from that, his positioning looks a bit suss at times but im sure that he has played some good stuff as well, looked to me like he was actually playing as CB for most of what i seen altho he did press up the pitch when he got the chance

"Barcelona and Chelsea have already reached an agreement, and my agent was in London to listen to their offer. Chelsea is a great option for me. If everything goes well, why not. Leaving Barça hurts, but you have to take your chances."

I agree... would have liked it if he could ensure the fans he would give 100% for the team!

Why wouldn't he?

He has been playing for Barca for seven years so it's only natural for him to be hurting, and let's not to forget he is leaving his friends and family behind as well.

He has been playing for Barca for seven years so it's only natural for him to be hurting, and let's not to forget he is leaving his friends and family behind as well.

Fair enough, I understand that totally, but surely if he was moving to a big club in the Premier League he would have at least some enthusiasm to show us he's excited about it!

Nevertheless, as Terminator X said, we will probably get an in-depth interview once the deal is done

Chelsea-bound youngster sad to leave Barca

Barcelona youngster Oriol Romeu has admitted it will be a wrench to leave the Nou Camp, but says he cannot turn down the chance to join Chelsea.

The Spaniard is all set to join Chelsea to plug the gap left by the injury to Michael Essien.

A fee was agreed 10 days ago for the 19-year-old, who has told Spanish newspaper AS : "Chelsea is a great option for me.

"Leaving Barca hurts, but you have to take your chances."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfoo...l#ixzz1TzYbnJc0

Yes, I think you're right ; Chelsea has to accept the buy back clause but the player has no obligation to accept Barcelona's offer

He has no obligation...I'll keep that thought for comfort,

However, he is Spanish, so......

I remember him, we all thought he'd be first team one day.. :whistling:

So who really gives a fuck if Romeu wants to go home in two years...? Although he is said not to be a common Spanish bitch but a complet midfielder very strong physically ; I would prefer Clifford to him. The Irishman is amazing, Reid and Plymouth fans were so happy of him this season.

And I find Clifford full of quality, he is in the pure british midfielder style I like so much so the only thing I want is that Romeu will perform well until Clifford knocks to the door. After that honestly, Romeu can go warming the bench and win trophies he won't play a big part in, I don't give a fuck