Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Yes because it is democracy, if he has made those comments it would have been at a different club as I doubt he would still be making that unless he suddenly develop mental problems. If that are his opinions so be it, but since they are extremely negative it isn't alright?

Btw for your 2nd point, he already said that after winning the La Liga. However, people I presumably keep asking him this question again today so obviously he would give the press what they want, no point just repeating yourself in the same manner isn't it. Everything he said is true, he didn't say to sell Cech or me. He simply said he respected Cech and believed him to be 1 of the best in the world. He was also honest about his option, he isn't gonna say I will come back and do whatever the manager tell me to do, even if it ruins my career.

And the last point is that all this talking is TO GET ON THE PITCH FOR US. If he accepted his role like Lukaku in 11-12 he will most likely be benched for Cech as Cech have a much better fan base in Stamford Bridge and bigger say in dressing room. Courtois needs to start saying these things now to show that he isn't gonna just settle for what he got and indicate to the club/manager that he isn't afraid to walk away should it not go his way. He is entirely entitled to do that.

1) No, it's most definitely not 'democracy'. He's first and foremost an employee for Chelsea and he has a duty to preserve the reputation and image of the club. It's in the contracts of all the players. Calling it democracy is ridiculous. Imagine all the players in the world slagging off their manager and their clubs every time they aren't picked or don't get the wages they want because its "democracy"!

2) Of course they keep asking him, they know he tends to stay stuff that he really should but that makes great headlines and articles that sell a lot. Of course there is a point in repeating that that's not what he's thing about right now, the point being not to say anything that the club wouldn't want him to and not to turn this issue of internal affairs at teh club into a public issue being debated through the press and media.

3) Completely besides the point. He can share all his concerns he wants with the club as long as he does so directly and privately, not through the media. I don't know if he is doing it intentionally or not but he is putting a lot of pressure on the club and on Jose through the media, a pressure that can influence their decisions and ultimately Chelsea's best interest.

I think you've gone off the deep end.

What he's said is not hard for any footballing fan to deduce, he has been incredible in his team at Atletico and would be the No.1 keeper at every club in the world with the exception of maybe 3 or 4. The answer to the question according to you is remain aloof and ignore the elephant in the room. Cool, your approach, I still fail to see how what he's said has put the club in a bad position or makes him look like an asshole... Its true, we all know it and whether or not he says it doesn't change it from being a fact.

He can say whatever he likes so long as he's not slagging the club. I don't see why you folk have a problem with what he's said as if its going to damage the club in some way? I decision will be taken this summer no matter what he says and the smart decision is to sell Cech in January after Courtois has proven he can play in the Prem.

The reason why its such a contentious topic is because its a rare case. Two of the top five keepers in the world on one team! Obviously a decision has to be made.

You're missing the point. Whether or not it's true is completely besides the point. He should not be discussing the matter publicly and he certainly shouldn't be saying what decisions the club and the manager may or may not take are wrong and which are right. And if this was the first time he's said something like he did then no one would have complained but he's basically had his foot in his mouth since the day we signed him.

1) No, it's most definitely not 'democracy'. He's first and foremost an employee for Chelsea and he has a duty to preserve the reputation and image of the club. It's in the contracts of all the players. Calling it democracy is ridiculous. Imagine all the players in the world slagging off their manager and their clubs every time they aren't picked or don't get the wages they want because its "democracy"!

2) Of course they keep asking him, they know he tends to stay stuff that he really should but that makes great headlines and articles that sell a lot. Of course there is a point in repeating that that's not what he's thing about right now, the point being not to say anything that the club wouldn't want him to and not to turn this issue of internal affairs at teh club into a public issue being debated through the press and media.

3) Completely besides the point. He can share all his concerns he wants with the club as long as he does so directly and privately, not through the media. I don't know if he is doing it intentionally or not but he is putting a lot of pressure on the club and on Jose through the media, a pressure that can influence their decisions and ultimately Chelsea's best interest.

1. Yes if they are being treated badly they can speak out. But not all the players will do it because they understand respect and honor.

3. As we can see, the best interest here is for Courtois to return and start every match for us. He is only doing himself a favor, not hurting anyone else. I call that being clever if you ask me, he isn't obliged to just follow whatever the club have planned for him, he needs to think about his own career too. Or maybe this is just his personality and we better accept it or let him go. Maybe he is truly this cocking person, but he is very talented so that issue could be ignored. My personal opinion is that as long as you play well, you can be as cocky as you one unless it starts to cross the line such as publicly insulting team mates, manager...etc.

Everyone in the world can say whatever the hell they want. They also have to face the consequences of what they say. If Chelsea really really can't handle this monstrous comments, they are free to kick his ass out. I'm sure he'll be ok.

You're missing the point. Whether or not it's true is completely besides the point. He should not be discussing the matter publicly and he certainly shouldn't be saying what decisions the club and the manager may or may not take are wrong and which are right. And if this was the first time he's said something like he did then no one would have complained but he's basically had his foot in his mouth since the day we signed him.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill dude. He addressed the elephant in the room big deal...

Here's his comments in full.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01zhnm5

Personally I think he sounds very respectful towards the club and Cech. He's very complimentary and the way I inferred it was that he thought Cech would maybe stick around whilst he didn't return next season.

To me he doesn't sound like this monstrous ego demanding to be given the first-team shirt, but simply recognises the problems that having two top-class keepers brings.

His tendency to parry shots straight back in-front of him needs to improve; top keepers don't do that and we'll concede goals if he does it at Chelsea....

Spot on. I was begining to think i was the only one that sees this glaring weakness in his game

Courtois doesn´t need Chelsea to play for. He has spent the past three seasons on loan at Atletico, proved himself, became one of the best goalies in the world.

Whatever he says now, basically it´s all truth. Nobody will be happy to play in only, the League Cup or FA pot. Well said.

However Jose takes it, we will see in the next week.

Courtois doesn´t need Chelsea to play for. He has spent the past three seasons on loan at Atletico, proved himself, became one of the best goalies in the world.

Whatever he says now, basically it´s all truth. Nobody will be happy to play in only, the League Cup or FA pot. Well said.

However Jose takes it, we will see in the next week.

So why not express your concerns with Mourinho and not the press? Why do these young Belgians feel the need to talk about what should be private affairs to the media?

Nothing he has said in that interview is out of order. He's massively respectful to the club, to the fans and to Cech.

There's this strange desire in modern society to find something to be offended by, to make mountains out of molehills. There needs to be a collective unbunching of panties.

Spot on!

It seems some people always need something to whine about even if there's nothing

So why not express your concerns with Mourinho and not the press? Why do these young Belgians feel the need to talk about what should be private affairs to the media?

Perhaps, you should ask Jose about why he does it too?

Courtois was asked, he voiced his opinion & said it well, that´s all.

Nothing he has said in that interview is out of order. He's massively respectful to the club, to the fans and to Cech.

There's this strange desire in modern society to find something to be offended by, to make mountains out of molehills. There needs to be a collective unbunching of panties.

"Having both me and Petr at the club would not be the smartest choice."

If that is completely normal, give me one quote by Petr in the last decade where he talked to the media about what the club and manager should and should not do or what would be a smart choice by them and what wouldn't regarding an issue that the club has not yet made a decision about. Forget Cech, when has any of our players said something similar? Even JT who is our captain is more entitled to speak in the name of the club, when has he ever talked about his personal opinion on what the club or manager should and should not do to the press?

Secondly, if that was the first time he's spoken about the issue then no one would have said a thing, but coming off the back of the million thing about the club that he and his father should not have said, it really gets pretty annoying.

Perhaps, you should ask Jose about why he does it too?

Courtois was asked, he voiced his opinion & said it well, that´s all.

You can't compare the two. Jose is the manager. It's his job to handle the media and speak in the name of the club in front of them. You have the right not to like the way he does it, but it is his job. Thibaut is a player, it certainly isn't his job to talk about what should and shouldn't happen in the press.

"Having both me and Petr at the club would not be the smartest choice."

If that is completely normal, give me one quote by Petr in the last decade where he talked to the media about what the club and manager should and should not do or what would be a smart choice by them and what wouldn't regarding an issue that the club has not yet made a decision about. Forget Cech, when has any of our players said something similar? Even JT who is our captain is more entitled to speak in the name of the club, when has he ever talked about his personal opinion on what the club or manager should and should not do to the press?

Secondly, if that was the first time he's spoken about the issue then no one would have said a thing, but coming off the back of the million thing about the club that he and his father should not have said, it really gets pretty annoying.

You can't compare the two. Jose is the manager. It's his job to handle the media and speak in the name of the club in front of them. You have the right not to like the way he does it, but it is his job. Thibaut is a player, it certainly isn't his job to talk about what should and shouldn't happen in the press.

Did you expect Courtois to refuse any questions? Lol.

He was asked, he gave his opinion. Is that not allowed?