Ballack, Deco, Belletti and Cole

Guest Homer2Chelsea

I think Ballack was the only one that wanted to stay and accept a wage cut.

Ballack is the only one out of those, that should have retired with us.

No he had to go, too old and did not give much to the team.

What is it with Chelsea fans and wanting old and craggy players to end their careers with us? First it was Drogba now its Ballack.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they were all class acts.they all had their brilliant moments for us even if they didn`t quite live upto the expectations of the majority..we could have done with all of them last season..

Ballack wasn`t the everything runs through him playmaker that we probably all expected him to be (as with Deco) but he still was a great player for us..he changed his game to help the team and in some aspects of his game, played his best stuff with us..by that i mean discipline,improved his defensive work etc..he will probably rank as one of the unluckiest players of all time,the amount of semi-finals and finals he lost in for both his clubs and country.most of which were lost unfairly.

however although their departures probably was the biggest factor in us not retaining our title last season..i see their departures as a "one step backwards to take two steps forward" move. who knows if Ballack and Deco hadn`t left Josh might have been loaned out to a bad team for him and could have had his career derailed. he wouldn`t have got the game time with us last season and wouldn`t be set to have a bigger role in this upcoming season.

plus we probably wouldn`t have got our hands on AVB and the cracks in our squad would have been papered over for yet another year.

i do miss them tho yes.

can`t bring myself to watch it..would be like watching a home video of me in happier times with someone who i loved deeply, but turned out to be a cheating whore.

Although left us in such an undignified manner, he remains a legend for all or most of the fans. And every player wants to move his career in ascending order, is clearly Liverpool was not the right place for him and now apparently regrets.

I miss beletti too. really was a likeable player. ballack and his looks also xD. deco as well sure

Me too I miss Juliano Belletti. Although not a superstar presented at Chelsea. Scored as an important and beautiful goals. I remember what the goals scored against Tottenham and Middlesbrough. Another player that I miss is Ricardo Carvalho. For me it is one of the best, but why not the best defender in the world. Makelele also miss.

I'm sure Joe Cole misses us more than we miss him. His career has plummeted ever since he left us for the best english club for 5k a week more.

I miss Ballack. What a fantastic professional, leader and fighter. Had it not been for JT and Ovrebo he would have had 2 Champions Leagues in his bag but sadly for him he will always be called the nearly man.

I wish him all the best and was missed the most last season. He could have been the difference for us in the league

Although left us in such an undignified manner, he remains a legend for all or most of the fans. And every player wants to move his career in ascending order, is clearly Liverpool was not the right place for him and now apparently regrets.

can`t fault your effort mate but my opinion on him remains the same. he chose a backward step so he could have 5k a week more in cash,.when he could have saved that in house insurance if he stayed at the club he supposedly loved as much as anyone,the club who made him a millionaire and gave him the medals that he wouldn`t have won at West Ham and won`t at Liverpool. Ballack the German who hadn`t probably heard of Chelsea when he was growing up,showed himself to be more loyal than the guy who was a Chelsea season ticket holder when he was.