The Value of Danny and Ryan

Tomo

Although there all bullshit story's its got me thinking if Danny (Sturridge) and Ryan (Bertrand) slip through the net and we don't even get £10m combined for the 2 then the board need sacking.

Based on the HACR (Henderson and Carroll rule) if the club are stupid enough to listen to offers for the pair then imo we should not consider anything less than £25m for Bertrand and £40m for Sturridge, im not saying that's their true value im just using the HACR to work out the prices.

Thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will not be sold! Both homegrown and English would be absolute shocking business if we let them go. I see Bertrand starting in a few season's and sturridge starting from next season onwards. As for PVA I see him as a future winger.

Based on the HACR (Henderson and Carroll rule) if the club are stupid enough to listen to offers for the pair then imo we should not consider anything less than £25m for Bertrand and £40m for Sturridge, im not saying that's their true value im just using the HACR to work out the prices.

Thoughts?

There is no HACR. Carroll's fee was one of the biggest anomalies in top level football and Liverpool were able to spend that much on him only because we overpaid for Torres.

Comparing prices to one of the worst deals in football history isn't going to strengthen one's argument and unfortunately I've noticed far too many users make the same mistake on this forum.

There is no HACR. Carroll's fee was one of the biggest anomalies in top level football and Liverpool were able to spend that much on him only because we overpaid for Torres.

Comparing prices to one of the worst deals in football history isn't going to strengthen one's argument and unfortunately I've noticed far too many users make the same mistake on this forum.

Maybe you should have taken it with a bit more salt.

They will not be sold! Both homegrown and English would be absolute shocking business if we let them go. I see Bertrand starting in a few season's and sturridge starting from next season onwards. As for PVA I see him as a future winger.

emo8.gif

ps: I dont undertand this kind of cute nickname, Sturridge = Danny; Malouda = Flo Mo...whistling.gif

i would be totally amazed if we sold either of them this summer. bertrand is the perfect understudy to cole. and with the ammount of first team football he has played he is totally ready. sturridge it is obvious he too is ready, however a lot will depend on who stays and how avb sees him so a loan would not be out of the question.

emo8.gif

ps: I dont undertand this kind of cute nickname, Sturridge = Danny; Malouda = Flo Mo...whistling.gif

Danny is not really a nickname ,,,merely a shortening of his Christian name Daniel which is Hebrew (Jewish) His full name is Daniel Andre Sturridge ,,,Andre also being derived from the Hebrew Andrew. You are possibly confusing Danny with Danni which is the diminutive form

of the French female name Danielle. Flo Mo is a nickname ,,Similar was the name Flo Jo given to the American female athlete Florence

Griffith Joyner. It could however have evolved from the Rock drummer Flo Mounier

Edited by zolayes