• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I will admit that van Dijk is the best player in the EPL and probably the best CB on the planet atm

he is only reason they are in the race

No chance. Definitely not the best player in the PL. Probably not even best CB, I think Laporte is genuinely the dogs bollocks in that position. In terms of natural ability the likes of Hazard, Pogba, David Silva, Aguero, Sterling etc are all better than Van Dijk albeit different positions. 

53 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

No chance. Definitely not the best player in the PL. Probably not even best CB, I think Laporte is genuinely the dogs bollocks in that position. In terms of natural ability the likes of Hazard, Pogba, David Silva, Aguero, Sterling etc are all better than Van Dijk albeit different positions. 

Lol. Do you even watch the games? Laporte is easily the 2nd best CB in the EPL (go look back, I have been rating him a top 6 or 7 or  so CB in the world for a long time on here) but he isn't at van Dijk allround level.

VVD was INSANE today.

Remove VVD from Victimpool and they are struggling to be a top 4 side. Put him on us we are, despite our other issues, safely in the top 3.

Put him on Shitty they might be undefeated and one of the clear certain favourites to win the CL.

His size, pace, power, instincts, positioning, calmness and directional quality in passing are magnificent.

Only 2 CB's on the planet atm who are close to VVD are Koulibaly and eventually de Ligt. Varane has strangely slumped post WC and Umititi has been out badly injured for a ling time. Lucas Hernandez is a great CB, but I still rate him as a LB more, plus he too has been injured. Skriniar is the other top CB, and I would take all I listed over him.

David Silva???? Roflmao. You must be taking the piss. He probably wont even be on Shitty next year.

I could see a case being made for Kevin de Bruyne or even Hazard, but nope. I would take VVD all day atm. Beast.

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Lol. Do you even watch the games? Laporte is easily the 2nd best CB in the EPL (go look back, I have been rating him a top 6 or 7 or  so CB in the world for a long time on here) but he isn't at van Dijk allround level.

VVD was INSANE today.

Remove VVD from Victimpool and they are struggling to be a top 4 side. Put him on us we are, despite our other issues, safely in the top 3.

Put him on Shitty they might be undefeated and one of the clear certain favourites to win the CL.

His size, pace, power, instincts, positioning, calmness and directional quality in passing are magnificent.

Only 2 CB's on the planet atm who are close to VVD are Koulibaly and eventually de Ligt. Varane has strangely slumped post WC and Umititi has been out badly injured for a ling time. Lucas Hernandez is a great CB, but I still rate him as a LB more, plus he too has been injured. Skriniar is the other top CB, and I would take all I listed over him.

David Silva???? Roflmao. You must be taking the piss. He probably wont even be on Shitty next year.

I could see a case being made for Kevin de Bruyne or even Hazard, but nope. I would take VVD all day atm. Beast.

Yes. VVD is v good but think he is being slightly overrated. He was brilliant today I will agree but as someone who has seen his trajectory from Celtic to Southampton and now Liverpool, he still isn't as good as Laporte for me although its close. Laporte really is for me, the sort of CB we should of signed to play LCB. Seen him play for Bilbao and have been a huge fan of him ever since, only 24 years old, when he hits 27 or 28 he is going to be one of the very best about in Europe, or thats my opinion anyhow. Koulibaly is a better CB than both of them comfortably, the guy is a monster. Fuck playing against him, he is very fast, agile, strong, can play, able to read plays. Perhaps similarly to VVD but think his level isnt as high as either KK or Laportes. Varane is another one whos definitely up there but as youve mentioned hes slumped so hard to judge. Although you can tell hes a special player because he was an absolute monster for Real under Jose when he was 18 or 19, havent seen many CBs at such a big club deliver as often as he did in his position.

For me, Silva is one of the most underrated MF players in the PL. He got plaudits under Mancini a lot when he played in 4231 but under Pep he has adjusted to that free 8 role so well, he really is excellent with the ball, barely loses it and always picks the right pass. De Bruyne has maybe overshadowed him for City the last few seasons but I dont think you can say hes not going to be at City next year, he is a huge player for them although his goals and assists are down the last few years with playing deeper. Bernardo Silva will eventually be his heir and rightly so because he is another fantastically talented player who is thriving this year but David Silva is still at a very very good level. David Silva was another player City beat us too back in the day. Alongside Robinho (worked out alright I suppose haha).

It seems the football Gods asked a huge price for the Istambul miracle. For the second time in 5 years that Liverpool is losing a title that no other team could lose. I would never understand why in 2014 in THAT game against Chelsea in the last minutes of first half Gerrard was the last men in the defense. I mean, they only needed a draw. Mourinho was there go get a draw, but they played like they needed to win so bad. Now after City dropped points they couldn't beat Leicester and West Ham. I can't see them winning PL after this.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

It seems the football Gods asked a huge price for the Istambul miracle. For the second time in 5 years that Liverpool is losing a title that no other team could lose. I would never understand why in 2014 in THAT game against Chelsea in the last minutes of first half Gerrard was the last men in the defense. I mean, they only needed a draw. Mourinho was there go get a draw, but they played like they needed to win so bad. Now after City dropped points they couldn't beat Leicester and West Ham. I can't see them winning PL after this.

Because long story short Brendan doesn't do defending, he said as much in his interview after the game.

Ugly Football: Der Spiegel vs Manchester City

City Hit with New Allegations by the German Newspaper

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2019/3/5/18250855/epl-2018-19-season-der-spigel-vs-manchester-city

Following Manchester City’s remarkable 2017/18 season, the Blues looked to strengthen their squad for the upcoming 2018/19 season. Like any transfer window for any club, several players departed the Manchester camp. The Mancunian side also acquired Riyad Mahrez from Leicester City, and following what was a relatively quiet window, the Blues prepared for their title defence.

It has not come ease as the Blues unexpectedly lost three matches in December. Nonetheless, they now find themselves at the top of the English Premier League with nine matches left in the 2018/19 season. Having already won the EFL Cup Final, City are also in contention for the UEFA Champions League and the FA Cup. City’s football schedule is coming thick and fast, but after their brief dip in form in December, the Blues have bounced back remarkably. Whilst the title has yet to be decided, the fate of retaining the title rests in City’s hands.

It has not come without criticism, however. In November 2018, the German newspaper Der Spiegel published a four-part series on Manchester City, citing the club had violated a series of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules. The source, dubbed as “Football Leaks,” provided a series of emails and documents indicating that City personnel were willing to break various rules in order to acquire some of the best talent in world football.

The detailed accounts outline the amount of money the Blues spent over the past several transfer windows, and numerous backroom deals that were completed in order to acquire some of their talent, including current manager Pep Guardiola.

snip