Edinson Cavani

CFC58

If Chelsea have learned anything from the results given from Torres' overall form, we would NOT even think about offering them 50m... that is astronomical, and way too much! There are other strikers out there that match Cavani's ability and sell for much less than that! Just look how much Man City spent on Aguero! £35m and just look how many goals he's scored for them, compared to Torres, who joined us last January... it proves a preposterous point!

This is why we falter at transfers... the asking price! When someone slaps a price tag on the player that's just way too much, we pull out of a deal... then when City come knocking, they offer much less, and suddenly there are negotiations! I don't know if it's because of the fact that City have well-paid high quality executives, or the fact that the executives we have just don't give a fuck!

I don't know if it's because of the fact that City have well-paid high quality executives, or the fact that the executives we have just don't give a fuck!

How can negotiators' "charm" influence the price? It's not like 35million is worth more when their executives look nicer and are paid more. Only money talks.. if we offer 50million and they reject it, and somebody else offers 35 and they accept it, then it's the stupidity of the selling board, not the wisdom of the buying party. Either that or we don't offer hookers as an unofficial part of a deal.

E: sorry, I misunderstood your point at first. I now see that you meant we pull out of the negos instantly as soon as they want too much, whilst other clubs keep negotiating until the price is reasonable.

I seriously think we should sell Torres to someone like PSG and get this guy in !

What would be the point of that?

Cavani is basically like Torres before he joined Chelsea, their playing style is equally similar.

If Chelsea have learned anything from the results given from Torres' overall form, we would NOT even think about offering them 50m... that is astronomical, and way too much! There are other strikers out there that match Cavani's ability and sell for much less than that! Just look how much Man City spent on Aguero! £35m and just look how many goals he's scored for them, compared to Torres, who joined us last January... it proves a preposterous point!

This is why we falter at transfers... the asking price! When someone slaps a price tag on the player that's just way too much, we pull out of a deal... then when City come knocking, they offer much less, and suddenly there are negotiations! I don't know if it's because of the fact that City have well-paid high quality executives, or the fact that the executives we have just don't give a fuck!

Well said! Im a huge fan of Cavani but if its going to take 50million Euros to buy him then shake the head and move on. All we need is another Torres saga!

How can negotiators' "charm" influence the price? It's not like 35million is worth more when their executives look nicer and are paid more. Only money talks.. if we offer 50million and they reject it, and somebody else offers 35 and they accept it, then it's the stupidity of the selling board, not the wisdom of the buying party. Either that or we don't offer hookers as an unofficial part of a deal.

This is what happens when negotiators do things behind closed doors. They like to offer the sweet talk to force them into a deal! You only need to look at what happened when they stole Robinho from us after discovering their "profound wealth"

There are other strikers out there that match Cavani's ability and sell for much less than that! Just look how much Man City spent on Aguero! £35m

Bang on. Ability being the operative word. Cavani is definitely a natural born striker, but I'd rather spend that money on a versatile striker like Pato or Hulk. A striker who can beat players. Aguero what a miss he was, what rubs salt in the wounds is how hot our pursuit was for many years. He consistently talked big of us and he somehow ended up at City. Amid Torres capture it was rumored we still pertained interest.

i'm watching napoli last 2 years, and Cavani is going to be one of the best strikers in the world, if we can get him we can find a great replace for big Drogs.

As a serie a follower (and Palermo fan :( ) I completely agree, sadly I just really don't think he would go to Chelsea as it looks at the moment.

As a serie a follower (and Palermo fan :( ) I completely agree, sadly I just really don't think he would go to Chelsea as it looks at the moment.

Of course he won't. Because we won't go for him @ 50m. If we havent learned our lesson, I will be truly disappointed.

Bang on. Ability being the operative word. Cavani is definitely a natural born striker, but I'd rather spend that money on a versatile striker like Pato or Hulk. A striker who can beat players. Aguero what a miss he was, what rubs salt in the wounds is how hot our pursuit was for many years. He consistently talked big of us and he somehow ended up at City. Amid Torres capture it was rumored we still pertained interest.

Aguero ended up at City probably because alot of money was being stuffed in his agents pocket! I agree with you about the striker issue i think Cavani is an excellent pkayer but he just isnt worth 50million euros i would prefer Pato who would probably be cheaper!

Aguero ended up at City probably because alot of money was being stuffed in his agents pocket! I agree with you about the striker issue i think Cavani is an excellent pkayer but he just isnt worth 50million euros i would prefer Pato who would probably be cheaper!

Aguero went for 15m less than our pretty boy bench warmer and is 1000000x times superior to him at the moment. He is also heads above any other striker in the league bar RVP (who is 29), any agent fees or his wages would have been worth it.

Aguero went for 15m less than our pretty boy bench warmer and is 1000000x times superior to him at the moment. He is also heads above any other striker in the league bar RVP (who is 29), any agent fees or his wages would have been worth it.

Definatley would have been worth it! He is a top player its a shame we didnt get him! Though i think Suarez is as good as him and a fully fit Hernandez isnt far behind the 3 of those players!

Definatley would have been worth it! He is a top player its a shame we didnt get him! Though i think Suarez is as good as him and a fully fit Hernandez isnt far behind the 3 of those players!

You trolling mate? lol

On topic though I really think Pato should be priority .Like I said already Pato's ability to beat a player - like Kun or even Suarez - is an asset that would aid any team. His speed is something else too - IMO he'd easily give Ronaldo a good run. I won't be forgetting his goal against Barca any time soon (Here it is for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You