test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LDN Blue

The International Football Thread

Started by LDN Blue,

5,021 posts in this topic

TBF I don't think Torres had a great game (and you know I'm a Torres homer). He didn't play like crap but he's not firing on all cylinders right now. It's kind of like when you get a bad tank of gas and your car runs off for awhile. He's just a nano (no pun) second off.

The best moment was Torres and Cech laughing at the end. Torres probably asking why Cech couldn't let him have that. Cech had a good game.

Watched the France game. Once again Malouda was dreadful... I don't know whether he will last long in the starting XI. And I fear the altruistic Malouda is six feet deep.

Was he captain?

Didn't you guys have Ribery back for this one?

Exactly my thoughts. Iniesta, Villa and Torres were on counter attack and Iniesta passed the ball to Villa who was in worst position than Torres.

Well, in this particular game,, who would you pass to, Torres or Villa? If Iniesta chose Busquets before Torres in a scoring situation, then I would question it.

Nando didn't play well. He's already no longer an automatic starter and he may soon lose is first off the bench status too. Who knows what it is. I hope it's confidence thing because if it's a physical issue then that's irreversible. He's playing too meekly, needs to get some swagger back. Even his shots on goal come off tamely.

I think Macedoinia could pull of a shock against us tomorrow.

Fucking hate Trappatoni.

Well, in this particular game,, who would you pass to, Torres or Villa? If Iniesta chose Busquets before Torres in a scoring situation, then I would question it.

Nando didn't play well. He's already no longer an automatic starter and he may soon lose is first off the bench status too. Who knows what it is. I hope it's confidence thing because if it's a physical issue then that's irreversible. He's playing too meekly, needs to get some swagger back. Even his shots on goal come off tamely.

But Nando looked like he was in a better position. Mind you that Villa hasn't scored for Barca in five games.

I really question Iniesta's abilities sometimes.

But Nando looked like he was in a better position.

True. But Villa was playing extremely well and Nando wasn't.

Mind you that Villa hasn't scored for Barca in five games.

Yes, I had heard he's not been on form. Even the greatest Spanish striker can go through a bad patch. There's hope yet for the return of Torres' form.

I really question Iniesta's abilities sometimes.

Seriously?

There are loads of players out of form: Rooney, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Carroll etc etc etc, I named mainly Chelsea players because I couldn't care less how other club's players are doing. And yet only Torres getting the stick. I hate media, British media especially. They hype their own players to the skies (Ashley Young, who is good player, certainly not even close to being one of the best wingers in EPL, diver, arrogant twat) and yet feast on the likes of Torres because it brings in cash. I do like Torres' attitude though, instead of returning blows he just takes it and moves on,only way how to go on really. Hope he bags a few soon!<br><br>Love the way how pool fans ABSOLUTELY DESPERATELY defend themselves after buying Carroll for nearly 40mil (35+adds) That deal makes Torres for 50 sound like a bargain.<br>

SinineUltra, LDN Blue and Tomo like this

Watched the France game. Once again Malouda was dreadful... I don't know whether he will last long in the starting XI. And I fear the altruistic Malouda is six feet deep.

Ominous for Chelsea. Maybe he's just burnt out? The selfishness is probably his desperation to try and force himself out of whatever slump he's currently in. But it's backfiring and not looking too good for him.

Yes, I had heard he's not been on form. Even the greatest Spanish striker can go through a bad patch. There's hope yet for the return of Torres' form.

Shame that Raul lost that title.

Seriously?

I think that Xavi and Xabi are better than him. He has a very good ball control, his shooting and finishing are great too. Just don't think that his vision isn't comparable with their.

Was he captain?

Didn't you guys have Ribery back for this one?

No he wasn't. The captain was Nasri.

Yeah Ribery, and Evra as well, were back and both started the game. We played in a 4-2-3-1 shape, Malouda was on the left wing and Ribery on the right. Well, it didn't really work for Ribery in the first half. In the second he switched his place with Malouda, he looked better on the left, though he was still quite mediocre ! And I think if he (Malouda) keeps performing like this, he will soon let his place to Ribery.

Overall this game was a reminiscence of Domenech era :lol: (i don't know whether I should cry or laugh).

Ominous for Chelsea. Maybe he's just burnt out? The selfishness is probably his desperation to try and force himself out of whatever slump he's currently in. But it's backfiring and not looking too good for him.

Well, I don't know whether he is just burnt out or he is definitely finished. All I know is that he is really in a poor form and he should fix it quickly. And believe me, if he still is a starting player for France, this is just because of his rep (I mean because he was good last year).

If he's benched both at Chelsea and France, I wonder what will be the effects on him...

Ribery looks out of it lately. Even in the Bayern games vs Inter Milan he looked quite average and not near what he was hyped. That under-age prostitution thing really has taken its toll on his football it seems. He's 26 though, so he's got time to improve on that.

Ribery looks out of it lately. Even in the Bayern games vs Inter Milan he looked quite average and not near what he was hyped. That under-age prostitution thing Constantly getting injured and never being 100% fit for over a year really has taken its toll on his football it seems. He's 26 though, so he's got time to improve on that.

Fixed that for you ;).

It's a shame really. He's such an amazing player when on form. It looks like he's slowly coming back though, he was great vs Hamburg two weeks ago and saved Bayern vs Freiburg I think last week.

We were bloody awful. The only player showing some commitment was Cech, made at least three good saves and almost saved a penalty. Felt sorry for him. And then I was angry with him! Nando's shot in the dying minutes should have gone in Petr!! :lol:

This video sums up our performance

LDN Blue and eldo like this

Bit strange to see Lampard wearing number 7 shirt. Bloody Wilshere stole it from him.

Shows that Wilshere will replace Lampard :chai:

Bit strange to see Lampard wearing number 7 shirt. Bloody Wilshere stole it from him.

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

Seriously ?! Can't believe it... What a little cunt without any kind of respect. When Gallas has critisized arsenal's youth because they don't respect the old players, I thought he was just a bitter man, but I see what he meant now...

he may take Franks shirt but wil NEVER ..fill his boots