Neymar

the wes

With all this hype around him, this could be great to sign him.

For the image of the club in brasil, in Asia for the t-shirt selling and so on.

Moreover, i can't imagine how good the chemistry would be beside oscar, mata and hazard.

Even for 45£M, i think it's a bit like Beckham to Paris, for business

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With all this hype around him, this could be great to sign him.

For the image of the club in brasil, in Asia for the t-shirt selling and so on.

Moreover, i can't imagine how good the chemistry would be beside oscar, mata and hazard.

Even for 45£M, i think it's a bit like Beckham to Paris, for business

You are talking about neymar not messi\ronaldo.

I am not sure any casual fans know who neymar is (unless u are brazillaun)

Cavani for 60m, Falcao for 52m forget both of them but buy Neymar, I feel.

If Chelsea have to buy anyone, it´s him for 50-55m.

Neymar is 21, not proven though, but this risk just might pay off hugely here.

Falcao, Cavani have already peaked while Neymar in 4-5 years will have a re-sale value of double.

Neymar on the left, Hazard on the right, Mata & Oscar by the way his pal, in the middle, Chelsea are just one great show that has not been seen for decades. Just add Isco for 35m & I am going nuts.

That team would be get bullied of the ball by dwarfs...

That team would be get bullied of the ball by dwarfs...

Partially true but those samba boys are quite bouncy too. Many times, we had seen Ramires being knocked down to get up & fight again. I also would like to see another bigger player in the midfield. Felliani, for example.

Don´t be confused. Any person who watches football knows about Neymar. He is a household name.

Don´t be confused. Any person who watches football knows about Neymar. He is a household name.

Casual watchers who dont follow football closely wouldnt know, maybe if commentators mention the name but if they pretty much just watch an EPL game every week then probably not.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

He is small but he is quick on his feet and can dribble like a teenager in a strip club. His blonde hair is stupid, but I don't think he is. A little prat on the pitch but a good lad on it. He has confidence to do the audacious but looks afraid to fail a lot of the time. Too much expectations on such small shoulders, Brasil ask too much of the fella. I wouldn't say no to him at Chelsea, he strength doesn't worry me, I'm curious about his stamina. I don't want another fleet footed magician that gets exhauster after an hour. Too much sitting not enough cardio.

Casual watchers who dont follow football closely wouldnt know, maybe if commentators mention the name but if they pretty much just watch an EPL game every week then probably not.

Anyone who watches EPL weekly will know of Neymar, I am certain.

Just ask around.

Many fans even causal ones know plenty about Brazil. Therefore, they must know Neymar.

You have got to be kidding me. At the moment I'd say Neymar is right up there with Messi and Cristiano as far as marketing goes and once he moves to a big European club his marketing value will rise even higher.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/neymar_is_the_worlds_most_marketable_athlete/

These guys even go as far as say he's the most marketable athlete (not just footballer) in the world right now but I think they're looking a bit too much to the future. Right now Messi and Ronaldo are definitely ahead of Neymar but he's not far behind. We all know how hyped and sought-after Eden Hazard was last year and he didn't even make the list there so you have to understand that Neymar's value is huge.

Will be interesting to see where Neymar ends up. The most sensible transfer for him would be Barca or Real Madrid but the way he still keeps on flirting with Chelsea makes me wonder. He's not once mentioned United, City or some other big European clubs but often talks about how his dream would be to one day play for either one of the Spanish giants or us. What I do know is that the idea of having Neymar, Hazard, Mata and Oscar rotating the three AM positions in the 4-2-3-1 would be ridiculously mouthwatering and looks something like my dream squad in FM12 used to be. :lol:

Since Neymar pals are playing for Chelsea, there is a good chance he might sign for the Blues.

He is very well known & marketable chap, I feel.

He could easily be compared to any other footballer in selling merchandise with his name on it.

For Chelsea to show up anywhere with him in the line-up tickets are sold within hours, I feel.

One of these days he will be as big as Messi, Ronaldo, Beckham, Woods, I feel.

You have got to be kidding me. At the moment I'd say Neymar is right up there with Messi and Cristiano as far as marketing goes and once he moves to a big European club his marketing value will rise even higher.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/neymar_is_the_worlds_most_marketable_athlete/

These guys even go as far as say he's the most marketable athlete (not just footballer) in the world right now but I think they're looking a bit too much to the future. Right now Messi and Ronaldo are definitely ahead of Neymar but he's not far behind. We all know how hyped and sought-after Eden Hazard was last year and he didn't even make the list there so you have to understand that Neymar's value is huge.

Will be interesting to see where Neymar ends up. The most sensible transfer for him would be Barca or Real Madrid but the way he still keeps on flirting with Chelsea makes me wonder. He's not once mentioned United, City or some other big European clubs but often talks about how his dream would be to one day play for either one of the Spanish giants or us. What I do know is that the idea of having Neymar, Hazard, Mata and Oscar rotating the three AM positions in the 4-2-3-1 would be ridiculously mouthwatering and looks something like my dream squad in FM12 used to be. :lol:

I think that article ranks it by the next 3 years, so at the moment I dont think he is more marketable than messi or ronaldo but i can see in a 3 years time especially after he moves to europe he is likely to be the most marketable

I think that article ranks it by the next 3 years, so at the moment I dont think he is more marketable than messi or ronaldo but i can see in a 3 years time especially after he moves to europe he is likely to be the most marketable

Isn't that exactly what I was just saying?

Isn't that exactly what I was just saying?

Yeah sorry man, didnt actually read your post beforehand. My bad, was just explaining it but you already did and better as well!

Even the article clearly mentioned that neymar is huge only in brazil. Brazil is a growing rapidly but In term of worlwide appeal right now he is still nothing. He has not played in any major competition (WC,european league,UCL), if he shine in 2014 wc then he will start getting mentioned.

Imagine if you use neymar in turkey airlines ad replacing messi, most people will ask who is the guy starring next to kobe

Even the article clearly mentioned that neymar is huge only in brazil. Brazil is a growing rapidly but In term of worlwide appeal right now he is still nothing. He has not played in any major competition (WC,european league,UCL), if he shine in 2014 wc then he will start getting mentioned.

Imagine if you use neymar in turkey airlines ad replacing messi, most people will ask who is the guy starring next to kobe

Neymar on Turkey planes, why ? Just remember please it´s Turkey airlines. :clown:

In terms of marketing... Right?

Yes, my whole post was about the marketing values of the players and not about how good they are on the pitch, can't really compare their abilities as Neymar still plays at Santos. Until Neymar has the balls to join one of the big European clubs or performs well at international level (WC 2014 at the earliest, I won't judge him based on the friendlies and the Confederations Cup) people can't honesty say Neymar is already at the level of Messi and Ronaldo, the world's two best players.

The way I see it, Neymar is much like Hazard was at Lille. The Brazilian league is up there with the Ligue1 imo, but both are somewhat behind the EPL, La Liga and the Bundesliga. The potential of the players is definitely there and everyone knows it but they can't be compared with the best until they've taken the final step and started playing with the big boys. Hazard has now taken that step and hasn't disappointed, now is the time for Neymar to do the same, be it with Chelsea or someone else.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You