Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

Is he more a right winger or a CF?

Are his dribbling skills really good enough to defeat more than on player?

His shooting skills are really amazing.Respect.

I just hope that we do not sell him because he could become the next KDB 2.0,when it comes to potential

Second striker, number 10 hybrid, something like that. You really want to utilize most of his skills so putting him in CF position is a waste. Can he play as a RW, I don't think he can. He hasn't that beatable dribbling in him. He has great, silky, smooth technique but dribbling isn't his best feature. Vision and link up play is, finishing is, pace and stamina is.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have a hat-trick, damned ! He always wastes at least one big chance to score, even though he scores a lot he could have more.

Anyway, a very good display. That's 15th goal in 30th game, however more important story is that he has 10 goals and 3 assists in 13 games since switching to CF position. Vitesse really could challenge for a 2nd position if they'd done that faster !

Love him as a player. So athletic, so fast yet as accomplished technically as you like :)

Now onto this work permit appeal. Hope that Jose will give to commission one of the better speeches of his life !

Second striker, number 10 hybrid, something like that. You really want to utilize most of his skills so putting him in CF position is a waste. Can he play as a RW, I don't think he can. He hasn't that beatable dribbling in him. He has great, silky, smooth technique but dribbling isn't his best feature. Vision and link up play is, finishing is, pace and stamina is.

...so everything we want Oscar to do?

...so everything we want Oscar to do?

In theory, yes. Technique, pace, decent strength (he hit the gym for sure, he's broader than last year) and such good vision is everything you want. Also stamina to run up and down the pitch. He runs very high amounts of sprints per game, every one at full speed as well.

However he for sure needs tactical adjusting and learning about positioning etc. You cannot forget that he only plays senior football for 1,5 year, so he needs polishing in tactical aspects. But I have to say he impresses me in that because when you switch a kid to play unnatural position and he gives you such good return - that means this kid is matured enough to understand things. I admit he looked a bit lost in playing CF last year but now it looks good.

Can he track back though ? :)

In theory, yes. Technique, pace, decent strength (he hit the gym for sure, he's broader than last year) and such good vision is everything you want. Also stamina to run up and down the pitch. He runs very high amounts of sprints per game, every one at full speed as well.

However he for sure needs tactical adjusting and learning about positioning etc. You cannot forget that he only plays senior football for 1,5 year, so he needs polishing in tactical aspects. But I have to say he impresses me in that because when you switch a kid to play unnatural position and he gives you such good return - that means this kid is matured enough to understand things. I admit he looked a bit lost last year but now it looks good.

Can he track back though ? :)

so for example, we acquire koke and play a midfield five of : Hazard, fabregas, matic, koke, Traore..... you dont believe he can play right midfield/forward role? similar to Thierry Henry at barca.

so for example, we acquire koke and play a midfield five of : Hazard, fabregas, matic, koke, Traore..... you dont believe he can play right midfield/forward role? similar to Thierry Henry at barca.

I love him, but he's a kid ! 20 games a season and I'd be content.

I have an idea that he can play inside RW, half RW half number 10, but for sure not someone who sticks to the byline, dribbles past people and cross. That's not him. He could probably be as useful as Willian in doing that.

Something like Mata played in his first season under AVB/RDM is how I imagine his position. You then utilize his passing, link up play and also he can be at the end of the action to use his pace and finishing to score goals.

He should have a hat-trick, damned ! He always wastes at least one big chance to score, even though he scores a lot he could have more.

That's why he is playing for Vitesse. He still hasn't turned 20. Next year we may find him a better team. Ligue 1 or Bundesliga maybe. I think there will be teams interested in signing him.

That's why he is playing for Vitesse. He still hasn't turned 20. Next year we may find him a better team. Ligue 1 or Bundesliga maybe. I think there will be teams interested in signing him.

Nah, it's the same like with every other striker. The return is very good but could possibly be fantastic :) It's not like he wastes chance after chance. I just think with little more lucky he could score 2 goals every game or sometimes even a hat-trick. But it's the same with Diego, Lewandowski, Benzema etc. with every other striker they waste chances but also score a lot.

Age doesn't matter. He's matured enough. He can handle himself, he proves that. Mourinho already said a couple of times that he's "mentally" ready, which for our boss is the most important thing in young player. I think he needs that final push in terms of decision making and especially tactically. He could learn this here with lesser game time because he doesn't have to jump such a huge level in my opinion. Like Jose would say, he's there, just needs a little polishing to be finished article.

I think the situation is simple, he gets the work permit, he stays, he doesn't get he goes somewhere.

Getting work permit won't be easy. This year the rules have changed, FA chairman already said a countless of time how often the commission gives a work permit for players who doesn't meet criteria. And Bertrand for sure won't meet those criteria. I fear that the commission will be eager to put a real stamp and stop giving work permit for a player who doesn't qualify. So our jewel can be first causality of this new thinking.

He would surely get a work permit now? He always plays for Burkina Faso

No, he only can get one through appeal. The work permit criteria only includes top 50 nations now - Burkina Faso is 60 something.

That's why I said earlier that I hope Jose will give good speech to commission. When you're going through appeal, every detail counts. You literally includes everything what player has achieved already and also give objective opinion from "high regarded football person" - like Jose for example. You have to convince them that the player is of high enough quality. His goalscoring record and already impressive international appearances will help but who knows.

No, he only can get one through appeal. The work permit criteria only includes top 50 nations now - Burkina Faso is 60 something.

That's why I said earlier that I hope Jose will give good speech to commission. When you're going through appeal, every detail counts. You literally includes everything what player has achieved already and also give objective opinion from "high regarded football person" - like Jose for example. You have to convince them that the player is of high enough quality. His goalscoring record and already impressive international appearances will help but who knows.

Especially to that FA head honcho Dyke.

I really like this kid. I would be soo excited about him if I knew there was the slightest of possibillity that he could end up in our team but we all know that isnt going to happen anytime soon if ever. ???

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this kid. I would be soo excited about him if I knew there was the slightest of possibillity that he could end up in our team but we all know that isnt going to happen anytime soon if ever. ???

The only reason he probably isn't in the squad is because he can't get a work permit.

Otherwise he'd probably be here as backup.

The only reason he probably isn't in the squad is because he can't get a work permit.

Otherwise he'd probably be here as backup.

Good he can't, as we want him to improved as much as possible.