David Villa

Aesthetic Relic

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have reportedly renewed their interest in Valencia striker David Villa, who recently was linked with a move to Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Spanish based journalist Guillem Balague, a regular on Sky Sports’ Revista de la Liga, has revealed Chelsea have now joined United in the chase for the coveted Spanish international

Balague told his official website: “David Villa’s predicament at Valencia is a genuinely sad story.”

“Both Real Madrid and Barcelona did try and sign him, but following their respective acquisitions of Benzema and Ibrahimovic, the possibility of Villa securing his dream move seems to have disappeared for at least another year and there are many at Valencia who now think Villa will remain at the club until the end of his career.”

“However, there is now the slight possibility that a frustrated Villa will consider a move abroad.”

“I spoke of Manchester United’s interest in the player a few days ago, and now Chelsea have revived their interest in him as well.”

“Chelsea offered Valencia a fee in the region of €50 million earlier in the summer, but Villa – who has always maintained that he would prefer to stay in Spain – wanted to wait for Barcelona and Real Madrid to make an offer.”

“However, now that the opportunity of joining either of Spain’s top two clubs has passed Villa by, the English clubs are ready to swoop again.”

“Manchester United – despite Ferguson’s public denials – will make a move for a big player if one becomes available at the right price and, according to sources close to David Villa, they would be willing to pay around €30 million for the Valencia forward.”

“However, this figure is substantially lower than the €45 million offered by Madrid and the €42 million that Valencia turned down from Barcelona – so Manchester United have been told they will have to find more money.”

“No formal offer was submitted by the English club, but the lines of communication remain open between United and the player’s representatives – and Villa’s people have been told that a higher bid can be expected.”

“That remains to be seen: United have acted similarly in the past - during negotiations for Fernando Torres and Marco Senna - and on both occasions failed to return with a higher figure after suggesting they would do so.”

“A source at United has told me that they will not make a formal bid until they feel certain that the player would be entirely happy to move - and the fact that they have not yet received that assurance is the biggest stumbling block to the move.”

“Chelsea, on the other hand, are also waiting to see if the player is prepared to move to England and, if he is, are prepared to match their previous €50 million offer.”

“Carlo Ancelotti – who is desperate to sign Villa - and even senior Chelsea players may be used to try and talk the Spanish striker round.”

“Both Chelsea and Manchester United have been told that Valencia would be willing to sell for those kinds of figures, so the main question is: Would David Villa be happy to leave Spain?”

“Those are the facts, but following the report that United were considering a move for Villa, a great many readers have been asking for my opinion and want to know if I think that the move could actually take place.”

“I have always said that Villa would prefer to remain in his homeland, but circumstances have changed and now that the doors to Madrid and Barcelona have been slammed shut, the player is very upset.”

“However, I know David Villa well and at this moment in time I am still not sure that he is upset enough to change his mind about playing in England.”

“It is possible that he could change his mind, and the idea will certainly be put to him over the coming days and weeks, but with a new baby on the way and his desire to keep his family close, I struggle to see him making the jump.”

“He has no friends at either Manchester United or Chelsea and if he were to move abroad, that would be very important to him.”

“Of course, there are obvious connections with players and staff at Liverpool, but there is no money for this kind of signing, nor is there the will at Anfield to partner Villa with Torres as the pair rarely flourish together.”

“I believe David Villa preferred to move to Barcelona and he is still reeling from the shock of that deal collapsing; he is upset and frustrated, but I am not sure if that will be enough to persuade him to accept a move to the Premiership.”

“I think Villa preferred Barcelona above all others and made a huge effort to go there when he realized Valencia were happy to sell him (even though, as we said, they changed their mind a few times in the process).”

“David Villa is a family man with a baby on the way; he needs to be surrounded by people he knows and trusts within in his comfort zone. He will feel isolated and distant abroad, that is why I have the feeling that Villa is going to stay at Valencia.”

I dont know about this one...Yes Drogba and Villa would be an amazing partnership...But i dont think we need a striker...Just a pacey take on the full back skillfull right sided play for the right of Ancelotti's diamond. As if were talking about diamonds on a football forum...How gay! But yeah i think we should still sell Sheva and Pizzaro...Although both have said they wish to stay and fight for their places at Chelsea...And possibly sell Kalou, im still undecided on that one...And then we should buy someone like Pato, Aguero (if we stalled on wage demands..earlier this summer...why dont we re ignite our interests in HIM and just go slightly under his wage demands to get him), or maybe David Silva, also from Valencia, who they need to sell to raise money...Man U and Liverpool are after him...in his early 20's, very talented?

Valencia's David Villa - one of the summer's main transfer targets in Europe - now says he would be happy to see out his career with Los Che.

The 27-year-old Spain international has long been linked with a move away from the Mestalla, with speculation rife earlier this summer that he would be sold to ease the club's financial worries.

Villa reportedly attracted interest from clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea.

He has remained tight-lipped on the topic of his future over the summer but has broken his silence to reveal he never considered playing for another club against Valencia's wishes.

"I could not spend all summer refuting things, so I wanted to be quiet," he said.

"I depended on the decision of the club. They decided for me to stay and I am glad.

"I was told I should leave Valencia for the good of the club. Soon after that everything changed and from that moment on I never saw myself out of here.

"There is no train missed because all I have achieved is because of Valencia and the Spain national team so I do not think any train has passed."

Former Valencia president Vicente Soriano confirmed earlier this month that Inversiones Dalport had taken their shareholding in Los Che to 51% and promised a cash injection of 500million euros to wipe out the club's debts.

"I had the desire to remain here and I want to spend all my sporting career here," Villa added.

"I also never wanted to be a problem for the club. The fans have always treated me well because of my performance, because I have sweated in this shirt and that is what I will continue to try to do."

so we down to Pato or Agüero

Quote - Valencia forward David Villa would be happy to see out his career with Los Che.

The 27-year-old Spain international has long been linked with a move away from the Mestalla, with speculation rife earlier this summer that he would be sold to ease the club's financial worries.

Villa reportedly attracted interest from clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea.

He has remained tight-lipped on the topic of his future over the summer but has broken his silence to reveal he never considered playing for another club against Valencia's wishes.

"I could not spend all summer refuting things, so I wanted to be quiet," he said.

"I depended on the decision of the club. They decided for me to stay and I am glad.

"I was told I should leave Valencia for the good of the club. Soon after that everything changed and from that moment on I never saw myself out of here.

"There is no train missed because all I have achieved is because of Valencia and the Spain national team so I do not think any train has passed."

Former Valencia president Vicente Soriano confirmed earlier this month that Inversiones Dalport had taken their shareholding in Los Che to 51% and promised a cash injection of 500million euros to wipe out the club's debts.

"I had the desire to remain here and I want to spend all my sporting career here," Villa added.

"I also never wanted to be a problem for the club. The fans have always treated me well because of my performance, because I have sweated in this shirt and that is what I will continue to try to do."

• 3 months later...

Fantastic striker, and at 27 could be for a good few years to come, wont be cheap though and personally I think it will disrupt the team too much, if we bring him in we would have to change formation to accomodate Drogba, Anelka and Villa or someone would have to sit bench so whilst I believe he would be excellent it would a very unecessary signing.

i really dont see how 27 is too old? If im not mistaken Anelka was 27 when we signed him?

yes, and he knows the premiership like the back of his hand!

villa will be 28 before you know it, and he isn't a premiership expert like anelka who's played for pretty much everyone now, we already have old strikers we dont need any more.

yes, and he knows the premiership like the back of his hand!

villa will be 28 before you know it, and he isn't a premiership expert like anelka who's played for pretty much everyone now, we already have old strikers we dont need any more.

Well generally after 27 you turn 28 but he might as well be 24 and he would still be too old for you, fact is he is proven quality in a world class league and has consistently performed for a very mediocre side for the past few seasons, let alone his goal scoring record for spain. Fact is that this man is one of if the the best stiker in the world at the moment and will score goals where ever he goes, id rather spend 30 million on a player of proven quality and ability than one that is simply an exciting prospect ie: Aguero or Benzema, not every 30 million plus sriker needs to be compared to Shevchenko and to be honest im actually quite tired of hearing about it

35 million for 28 yr old(next season he will be 28) is waste. Nuff said.

I dont think so, he will a few good years in him, and the publicity, marketing potential and shirt sales revenue will largely make up some of the fee, I would rather we sign him than leave him to Man Utd

he's not a big star like sheva was... Aguero is a bigger star than villa, especially considering diego maradonna is also his father in law and aguero is much younger too so like i was saying more time for him if he doesn't make an instant impact.

shirts sales, marketing potential ..oh please! you could say that about any big striker in the world, sheva's signing was bigger because he was from 'AC Milan' i mean god dammit milan's best player came to Chelsea!.. it was a moment in history.

and villa has a better record than benzema & aguero because he isolder, so in that case we may as well sign up pele and a few from yourlocal retirement home.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You