• Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again shown how simple a game football is. Everyone who knows a thing or two about it saw what needed to be done in this team. Alonso and Willian removed, a  CF on the pitch resulting in much more energy, pace and quick passing in our play. First time we scored 2 goals in the first half  in ages.

I do think we would have put 3 or 4 past them had they not scored to make it 2:1, which made our team a bit more cautious going forward. Our defence was pretty poor today but we got away with because they had no Kane, Alli or Son.

And btw, Atkinson is an absolute bellend. Abysmal refereeing yet again.

Emerson 🔥🔥🔥

So much more balanced and dangerous than having Alonso there. Those constant overlaps with Hazard and actual dangerous crosses.

Imagine Higuain on the end of those instead of Giroud who is a bit of a bottler.

Which one was Giroud's worst miss?  The one at the end of the match after Emerson beat his man so he could put it right on his head?  The one where Kante played him in?  The one where he just missed the ball after Hazard skinned Aurier and gave it to him on a platter?  Any others I've forgotten about?

Just for the record.  I don't hate Giroud.  I know what he does for the team and why he's here.  But, holy hell.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Emerson 🔥🔥🔥

So much more balanced and dangerous than having Alonso there. Those constant overlaps with Hazard and actual dangerous crosses.

Imagine Higuain on the end of those instead of Giroud who is a bit of a bottler.

Pretty sure Higuain is a bit of a bottler too. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Which one was Giroud's worst miss?  The one at the end of the match after Emerson beat his man so he could put it right on his head?  The one where Kante played him in?  The one where he just missed the ball after Hazard skinned Aurier and gave it to him on a platter?  Any others I've forgotten about?

Just for the record.  I don't hate Giroud.  I know what he does for the team and why he's here.  But, holy hell.

You forgot the one were he hit his own foot when hazard put him clear but i think the one were he somehow made his legs skip over the ball when hazard put it on a plate was the worst with the Emerson cross a close second.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can I just say....FUCK MARTIN ATKINSON AND THE REFEREES! :rant:

Our players get repeatedly fouled - nothing given

Spuds players flop and dive all over the place all night - gives us loads of yellow cards

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Who was the person in this forum that said to me Emerson isn’t good enough and implied Alonso was better?

Bullshit.

I don't think I said that?

I have said that Sarri must be picking the players based on what he has seen during training.

Maybe after the rocket - Alonso didn't react as well as Emerson and now Emerson has his chance.

Either way - I just want a meritocracy the best players playing 👍

Glad that Sarri showed he can change and isn't the stubborn idiot everyone was saying he is 👍

Great night all round