• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Our problem today is obvious, our tempo is too slow. If we play like we play early 2nd half for 30 minutes in 1st half, we will be at least 2-0 up and game done and dusted. But our tempo is too slow. Hazard need to drop deep more, Jorginho need a rest because his performance is dropping. Alonso need to run harder to create space for our winger. 

With Hazard as no 9, defensively we are pretty good. Pedro and Willian tracked back very well today. And yes we need a striker

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Nice to have a little gap advantage again. Hopefully Man United will not win tomorrow. We need a big, big gap because this way, we will lose a lot of points for sure.

Looking forward to us giving Arsenal back this extra 3-point advantage next week. @Stats

6 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Good game.

Kept the football well, but a bit toothless in the final third. Should have won the game more comfortably had Pedro showed up in the second half. Completely miskicked alonso assist and did nothing else to notice.

good game by Willian. He and alonso combined well on the left for a change.

cant imagine Eden is going to be happy playing in that role tho. 

I agree 10000% with all, BUT STOP DEFENDING ALONSO

begging here baby

he is pure shit

8 minutes ago, communicate said:

Pedro had 3 good chances, Willian also had 3.Yet people are complaining about chances.

Early 2nd half we finally start playing football, that is the football that we need to play with high intensity and hard running. People complained about hazard as false 9. Yet without hazard attracting players for Willian, there is no space for him. 

Willian and Pedro had 3 each? I only seem to recall Willian having the two from the left and Pedro from the right. But regardless of whether it was 4 or 6 chances, they were almost sporadic across the 90 minutes and we were playing against a side sitting in the bottom 3. I expected more and I certainly expected better. Our chances today mainly came from quick, long, direct passes. Nothing from the so called short passing football that Sarri is apparently known for.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I agree 10000% with all, BUT STOP DEFENDING ALONSO

begging here baby

he is pure shit

Then it is not 100% is it? :)

If folks here don’t see what alonso does for the team, or don’t think it’s enough, and why he is an important player for sarri (passing from the back), we are simply never going to agree here.

might as well just agree to disagree and be done with it.

Btw wasn't Willian shit too just a moment ago? ;)

3 minutes ago, Robchels said:

The. It’s not 100% is it? :)

If folks here don’t see what alonso does for the team, or don’t think it’s enough, and why he is an important player for sarri (passing from the back), we are simply never going to agree here.

wasnt Willian shit too just a moment ago? ;)

might as well just agree to disagree and be done with it.

I am only concerned with fair value for Willian

he NEEDS TO GO

and 

Alonso could be replaced by 20 other LB's (or more) and it would be an upgrade

he IS shit

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Willian and Pedro had 3 each? I only seem to recall Willian having the two from the left and Pedro from the right. But regardless of whether it was 4 or 6 chances, they were almost sporadic across the 90 minutes and we were playing against a side sitting in the bottom 3. I expected more and I certainly expected better. Our chances today mainly came from quick, long, direct passes. Nothing from the so called short passing football that Sarri is apparently known for.

Pedro goal, Pedro shot that was saved and one that he mishit. Willian awful shot in the 1st half, his goal and his chip that was save by the gk. 

Just rewatch early 2nd half. That is the kind of football that we need to play. We created pedro miskicked and Willian goal in a space of 10/15 minutes. Simply by playing higher tempo, hazard start to get involve and we created tons of opening. After the goal suddenly the tempo dropped again. It was backed to slow, slumbering tempo. 

All football teams attack using the wings.
Other types of attack situations are the product some opportune situations.
But we have opted for the passing game and it does n't work all that well - because we don't have five Hazards in the team.
This is how Chelsea were playing under Mourunho, Conter and now (with the famous Sarri ball).

Have to say, I don't agree that it was a dull performance.

Yes the first half was frustrating but the second half we came out swinging. 

If we took all of our clean cut chances then we would have won 3 or 4-1.

I' not making excuses or anything and there were some hairy moments but it wasn't a dull performance as some are saying. 

Broccoli head actually had the half of his life in that 2nd. Fair play fuzzy head.

Also the crowd were fantastic today. Great atmosphere from what I could make out.

"Maurizio Sarri says he is really very happy with the result. He adds that we started well but after the goal we slept for a while and were in trouble. He says we were better in the second half but we had stopped for about 20 minutes" 

"As you see today, Jorginho was in trouble and on the bench there wasn't a player for that position. So I need a player for that position, I need an option for Jorginho. I have no idea 

The problem from today's game explained imo very well by Sarri. It is very simple our tempo and jorginho was in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Have to say, I don't agree that it was a dull performance.

Yes the first half was frustrating but the second half we came out swinging. 

If we took all of our clean cut chances then we would have won 3 or 4-1.

I' not making excuses or anything and there were some hairy moments but it wasn't a dull performance as some are saying. 

Broccoli head actually had the half of his life in that 2nd. Fair play fuzzy head.

Also the crowd were fantastic today. Great atmosphere from what I could make out.

It was dull. Our tempo was pathetic. Other than 15/20 minutes in the 2nd half, we were too slow. 

16 minutes ago, communicate said:

Pedro goal, Pedro shot that was saved and one that he mishit. Willian awful shot in the 1st half, his goal and his chip that was save by the gk. 

Just rewatch early 2nd half. That is the kind of football that we need to play. We created pedro miskicked and Willian goal in a space of 10/15 minutes. Simply by playing higher tempo, hazard start to get involve and we created tons of opening. After the goal suddenly the tempo dropped again. It was backed to slow, slumbering tempo. 

Creating 2 chances in 10-15 minutes is considered good? Christ.

Just now, communicate said:

You must be joking. Of course, if we play that way for 80 minutes, we will have 12 good chances in one game. If that is not enough, then I don't know. 

If. That's a big IF. That's if Sarri can even manage to get us to play that way. We haven't had a proper performance in ages, a performance in which we dominate the game for 90 minutes and create clear cut chances. Hell, the last time when our football was actually fun was probably back in 2016/17.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

If. That's a big IF. That's if Sarri can even manage to get us to play that way. We haven't had a proper performance in ages, a performance in which we dominate the game for 90 minutes and create clear cut chances. Hell, the last time when our football was actually fun was probably back in 2016/17.

I don't know whether Sarri can make us play that way for full 90. But I highly suggest anybody that want Sarri to get sacked to watch our 2nd half performance before Willian goal.

That is what we need. If we play that way for just 45 minutes, we will destroy Newcastle. But I don't know what happen, we were great, I was excited, scored 2nd goal and back to slow game. Is it mental, is it fatigue, I don't know. 

All I know this season, our passing pattern is much better. Our build up is better, we cope with pressure better but we need to pass the ball faster. 

Early of our 343 with Conte, teams had no clue how to cope with Alonso and Moses. The moment they knew we were back to ugly football unless Cesc played.