Christian Pulisic

the wes

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I dont see this at all, he barely scores.

15 goals in 115 games, only 10 of them league goals, and many of his assists (he had ONE decent year there, and that was with Abameyang scoring 40 goals, plus Dembele, etc running riot) have come against weak CL qualifying and DB Pokal sides.

It is cray cray to think he is worth £70m (or 60m).

Let's be fair here for a minute - Pulisic was contributing those numbers in his teens. If you expected him to produce 20 goals and 20 assists per season at 17-19 years old, then you must be crazy. Not everyone is Mbappe in their teens! I don't know whether you watch him regularly but based on what I've seen, Pulisic definitely has the talent and potential to be one of the best in the future. It's not right to be judging him solely on goals/assists and/or brushing him side because of the 'American hype' factor. If given the choice, I don't think he would want all this spotlight on him, certainly not when he's not the finished article just yet.

Also, goals are goals and assists are assists. If you're gonna start be picky about how/when/where they come, then you should start doing that for everyone. And many of Pulisic's assists have come against weak CL and DFB Pokal sides? 16 of his 24 assists for Dortmund have come in the Bundesliga while he's got only 4 in the DFB Pokal and 4 in the Champions League. How is that "many of his assists have come against weak CL qualifying and DFB Pokal sides"?

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

Let's be fair here for a minute - Pulisic was contributing those numbers in his teens. If you expected him to produce 20 goals and 20 assists per season at 17-19 years old, then you must be crazy. Not everyone is Mbappe in their teens! I don't know whether you watch him regularly but based on what I've seen, Pulisic definitely has the talent and potential to be one of the best in the future. It's not right to be judging him solely on goals/assists and/or brushing him side because of the 'American hype' factor. If given the choice, I don't think he would want all this spotlight on him, certainly not when he's not the finished article just yet.

Also, goals are goals and assists are assists. If you're gonna start be picky about how/when/where they come, then you should start doing that for everyone. And many of Pulisic's assists have come against weak CL and DFB Pokal sides? 16 of his 24 assists for Dortmund have come in the Bundesliga while he's got only 4 in the DFB Pokal and 4 in the Champions League. How is that "many of his assists have come against weak CL qualifying and DFB Pokal sides"?

If you had 2 dozen eggs and 8 were rotten, one could say many are rotten, lolol. Same percentage.

I NEVER said he should be putting up 20 goals and 20 assists a year! Strawman. His numbers are REALLY weak though, especially goals. 5 a year, in over 40 games a year, is not acceptable.

And it is far from just Mbappe who puts up bigger numbers as teens. Sancho his teammate (and reason he is on the bench) for instance. Havertz, in the same league. Reiss Nelson, same league yoinger, tracking to 15 goals at Hoffenheim, on lian from Arse. Matheus Cunha, same league, is halfway (just this half season) to Pulisics career totals, in only 23 games. Ismaïla Sarr, same age, tracking to 18 goals and 14 assists. Patrick Cutrone, granted CF and secondary striker, but same age, has 25 goals in last season and a half, and is not a full time starter. Dembele himself of course.

Other than Sancho and Dembele, none of those players had or have near the talent surrounding Pulisic either.

I have watched him play a lot. I think he is overrated. He certainly isnt worth £70m, unless you take marketing into account. Not when you compare what that can buy you instead.

I guess we will all find out soon. Probably at Liverpool, btw, not CFC. And not until next season. I dont see Dortmund selling in January unless it is a player plus cash deal. Maybe they try and beat Bayern to CHO.

I am not afraid to say pass.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

If you had 2 dozen eggs and 8 were rotten, one could say many are rotten, lolol. Same percentage.

I NEVER said he should be putting up 20 goals and 20 assists a year! Strawman. His numbers are REALLY weak though, especially goals. 5 a year, in over 40 games a year, is not acceptable.

And it is far from just Mbappe who puts up bigger numbers as teens. Sancho his teammate (and reason he is on the bench) for instance. Havertz, in the same league. Reiss Nelson, same league yoinger, tracking to 15 goals at Hoffenheim, on lian from Arse. Matheus Cunha, same league, is halfway (just this half season) to Pulisics career totals, in only 23 games. Ismaïla Sarr, same age, tracking to 18 goals and 14 assists. Patrick Cutrone, granted CF and secondary striker, but same age, has 25 goals in last season and a half, and is not a full time starter. Dembele himself of course.

Other than Sancho and Dembele, none of those players had or have near the talent surrounding Pulisic either.

I have watched him play a lot. I think he is overrated. He certainly isnt worth £70m, unless you take marketing into account. Not when you compare what that can buy you instead.

I guess we will all find out soon. Probably at Liverpool, btw, not CFC. And not until next season. I dont see Dortmund selling in January unless it is a player plus cash deal. Maybe they try and beat Bayern to CHO.

I am not afraid to say pass.

The term tracking is pointless. Its all hypothetical to say player x or player y will scorr this because hes got this so far. The only guys you could argue that works for are the Messis, Ronaldos, Neymars, Griezmanns, Cavanis, Zlatans etc who score with such regularity over the period of so many seasons in a row.

Nelson and Sancho are getting the same sort of hype Pulisic got when he broke into the Dortmund team. Also comparing strikers like Cutrone, Cunha, to wingers is pointless. Comparing Havertz primarily a number 10 to a winger whos been frozen out because he wont renew, again, pointless.  

Hes not worth 70M, so what, not many players are. Your continuously talking about Pepe from Lille who is valued at more (72m) but is just as average if not less of a player, albeit being older. The markets fucked. Not many teams get real value for money anymore across the board.

All im saying is when Sterling broke onto the scene at Liverpool his numbers were poor for 2 seasons but look how good he is. Pulisic isnt as good a talent but in a certain team with coaching would be an excellent player.

Let's be fair here for a minute - Pulisic was contributing those numbers in his teens. If you expected him to produce 20 goals and 20 assists per season at 17-19 years old, then you must be crazy. Not everyone is Mbappe in their teens!

You don't have to be Mbappe -

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ousmane-dembele/leistungsdaten/spieler/288230/plus/0?saison=2016

Liverpool set to fight off Arsenal and Chelsea interest to secure stunning January deal for Christian Pulisic

The Dortmund star is a wanted man having failed to agree new contract with the Bundesliga leaders, and the Reds are poised to pounce

Pulisic agree with Chelsea!

Original post

https://www.bild.de/wa/ll/bild-de/unangemeldet-42925516.bild.html

Chelsea agree a deal to sign Liverpool target Christian Pulisic

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2018/12/28/chelsea-agree-a-deal-to-sign-liverpool-target-christian-pulisic/

Long time Liverpool target Christian Pulisic has an agreement to make a transfer to Chelsea and he will move to the London club in the summer, according to German outlet BILD.

The transfer should cost the Blues around £45m.

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

The term tracking is pointless. Its all hypothetical to say player x or player y will scorr this because hes got this so far. The only guys you could argue that works for are the Messis, Ronaldos, Neymars, Griezmanns, Cavanis, Zlatans etc who score with such regularity over the period of so many seasons in a row.

Nelson and Sancho are getting the same sort of hype Pulisic got when he broke into the Dortmund team. Also comparing strikers like Cutrone, Cunha, to wingers is pointless. Comparing Havertz primarily a number 10 to a winger whos been frozen out because he wont renew, again, pointless.  

Hes not worth 70M, so what, not many players are. Your continuously talking about Pepe from Lille who is valued at more (72m) but is just as average if not less of a player, albeit being older. The markets fucked. Not many teams get real value for money anymore across the board.

All im saying is when Sterling broke onto the scene at Liverpool his numbers were poor for 2 seasons but look how good he is. Pulisic isnt as good a talent but in a certain team with coaching would be an excellent player.

I said Pepe was not worth 72m quid the last time this came up. Almost the entire time I have been pushing him him it was working off a £40 to 45m valuation.

Watch Pulisic go for around that. Maybe 50m max.

I don't think he is coming here. I rate Victimpool his favourite destination.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

45m is a good deal. A lot better than 60/70m. 

Absolutely. 

I can live with 45m for this guy. He has bags of potential and if it doesn't work out, then for that price it won't feel like we have made another mistake.

22 minutes ago, DDA said:

Absolutely. 

I can live with 45m for this guy. He has bags of potential and if it doesn't work out, then for that price it won't feel like we have made another mistake.

£45m mistakes add up damn fast.

We pissed away close to £180m on Morata, Drinkwater, Bats, and Bakayoko (just on fees) Thats £45m average.

£45m mistakes add up damn fast.
We pissed away close to £180m on Morata, Drinkwater, Bats, and Bakayoko (just on fees) Thats £45m average.
There's normally talk about the board doing good business in terms of departures, but we have probably lost more money all in all than gained with such signings.

Have Juve even paid for Cuadrado yet?

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

There's normally talk about the board doing good business in terms of departures, but we have probably lost more money all in all than gained with such signings.

Have Juve even paid for Cuadrado yet?

Yes, they paid 20m euros (around £17m at the time) in the deal made on  May 22, 2017.

Yes, they paid 20m euros (around £17m at the time) in the deal made on  May 22, 2017.
They are paying in three annual installments as originally thought -

The 28-year-old has now put pen to paper on a contract that ties him to the Bianconeri until 30 June 2020, with Chelsea receiving the £17.3m (€20m) over three annual instalments to begin in the 2017/2018 financial year.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12961/10889269/juan-cuadrado-completes-17-3m-juventus-move-from-chelsea

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

They are paying in three annual installments as originally thought -

The 28-year-old has now put pen to paper on a contract that ties him to the Bianconeri until 30 June 2020, with Chelsea receiving the £17.3m (€20m) over three annual instalments to begin in the 2017/2018 financial year.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12961/10889269/juan-cuadrado-completes-17-3m-juventus-move-from-chelsea

So one more instalment of around 6.5m quid to go.