• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

I agree that the standards have really dropped. The toothless strikers are one of the major reasons why this isn’t working. But I’d still rather have Giroud starting than Morata. Other attacking players play better with him on the pitch.

Yesterday, the game would have ended 3-0, if we didn’t put Giroud on. I know it’s doesn’t make a difference, but Spuds defense may had more work to do.

You say Giroud played poor against BATE, fair enough. But let’s not forget about Morata’s poor performances against PAOK and Vidi as well.

Never said Morata was any better. Like I said above, we have two poor strikers right now and we have to resort to praying they turn up when selected!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Never said Morata was any better. Like I said above, we have two poor strikers right now and we have to resort to praying they turn up when selected!

Ok I’m going to go ahead and just say it: morata is the better player.

I actually like giroud and think he used to be a great target man, but he’s just too slow nowadays and that’s why he rarely scores. He can come on later and if we are applying any pressure, then he can become an asset esp in the air. But that’s about it.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

You're right but you just had to mention that, didn't you? #obsessed

The classic "oh look, he scored. he should have started!". Don't think the solution is as clear cut as that. Have people already forgotten Giroud had stinkers of his own in the recent Europa League games? Can't remember which games but he was totally nonexistent and that was agains poor oppositions! Problem is, we have two poor strikers and we're left with having to pray that whoever gets picked, will turn up for the match.

so what? Morata has ran out of excuses tbh, he can fuck off for all i care, and Giroud came in and scored, so yes i will give him the benefit of the doubt. Im done with Torrata

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

so what? Morata has ran out of excuses tbh, he can fuck off for all i care, and Giroud came in and scored, so yes i will give him the benefit of the doubt. Im done with Torrata

Yeah but ultimately, they are both crap and we will get nowhere with them as our strikers!

I've only just found out the final score, lucky to concede only 3.

Time to get rid of Sarri.

Get someone in with a personality, he's clueless about formations, has no motivational prowess, and he's playing the wee man out of position, get rid of him and appoint Franco with Jodi as his assistant.

I can see why he's never won fuck all, he bottled it at the death with Napoli last season.

Then we need at least 1 central defender, a striker or 2, and a wide man, and that's just a start

40 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

kneejerk reaction dont you think? is it his fault he inherited this squad? sacking him for overachieving so far? you gotta be kidding me, at least give him time to get the players he wants and to implement his philosophy, thats not something that happens over night, there are positive signs as shown in most of our games so far, of course we are not the finished article and we need players who can play in Sarri's system, its clear that we have players who are not good enough and need replacing, if the board doesnt back Sarri then there is so much he can do, the jury is still out.

Well simply put we were utter crap. Spurs ten times better the other day. Time to move on. But - there are a couple of things I am fed up with. First is Morata. Wow... For me he is the lucky guy that found himself in the academy of one of world's best clubs and somehow managed to prevail. Still lives of his 'Madrid academy product' tag, but frankly he's been found out big time, such a useless player. Does not even do the basics tactically for Christ's sake!! Nevermind scoring! The guy can't stay on side to save his life... Against Everton tons of times off side, against Spurs again. Fed up with him to be fair. 

And 2nd - the love Kane gets from the refs is outrageous. And English internationals overall. Not saying we'd beat Spurs if it wasn't for their first goal, but honestly... Was that a free kick? Game after game after game, slightest of contacts or no contact at all, Kane goes down and refs blow the whistle no matter what. Then a few minutes later there is Foyth's challenge on Hazard inside the box and Atkinson looks elsewhere... 

Spurs were better in all aspects and our defence was a shambles, but there are certain moments in a football match that could prove decisive and unfortunately refs like to get themselves involved every time. No wonder there was no English ref at the World Cup. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Im done with Torrata

Glad that name is sticking :D 

Overall, I wouldn't overreact over this game. We were bound to lose some time, our first loss came at the end of November - I would have bit your hands off if such a strong start was offered before the season began. It was Spurs away, anybody can be overplayed and lose there, it's not like they are pushovers and we are not steamrollers like City. We got that unbeaten monkey off our backs now, lessons hopefully learned and we get back on track against Fulham (shouldn't be too difficult). Season is still long ahead, we will see more losses like that, but it's important we get the points that are up for grabs and finish top 4. Currently we are on track of doing so, but the race will go down to the T I believe.

Its work in progress but Sarri will have to adopt to PL and certain teams. Current way its predictable and while we play nicer football, its also less effective.

For example, we shouldnt play Jorginho as DM against their midfielders. Jorginho is just too weak for that. Also Giroud who is good in aerial challenges should start because that is also spuds defenders weakness.

17 hours ago, Robguima said:

When the defense is tested a couple of times, or even a few times during a tough match and they fail conceding goals, then I am all for pointing the finger at them.

however, we’re completely and utterly dominated especially at the time we were conceding the goals. Two of which were mostly kepa s fault, not the defense.

so, no I cannot agree that the defense let us down. The team was bad and the kepa was shocking.

Are you kidding? Yes, Kepa was very much responssible for two of the goals but that defense.. come on. Tottenham's players were having a laugh.. strolling all over our box like nothing. 

50 minutes ago, yuvala said:

Are you kidding? Yes, Kepa was very much responssible for two of the goals but that defense.. come on. Tottenham's players were having a laugh.. strolling all over our box like nothing. 

Yeah Kepa kept it from being 5-0 at that point and I love Giroud and he has the passion we need to get back into the winning ways. However if our defence plays like shit what do we expect? And if the midfield doesn't give the striker the ball how can they score a few people don't understand that but I hate to say it Spurs were playing like we were to them before.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Its work in progress but Sarri will have to adopt to PL and certain teams. Current way its predictable and while we play nicer football, its also less effective.

For example, we shouldnt play Jorginho as DM against their midfielders. Jorginho is just too weak for that. Also Giroud who is good in aerial challenges should start because that is also spuds defenders weakness.

I give you another perspective - First I think he needs to adjust to his own squad. I agree with you I think we look too predictable but IMO it is because there are not enough goalscorers in our team. Sarri had four starters at Napoli that would share goals between them week in, week out - Hamsik, Insigne, Mertens, Callejon. 

Here there is only one top, top goalscorer and this is Hazard. Apart from that we play without a striker and the midfield is not productive enough. IMO we are basically one quality centre forward, winger and midfielder away from challenging for the title. Morata is not good enough, nor is Willian/Pedro and none of the midfielders are scoring enough. We can't wait for Hazard to win every match on his own. This season is going to be all about clinching top 4 and I think we'll do. 

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I give you another perspective - First I think he needs to adjust to his own squad. I agree with you I think we look too predictable but IMO it is because there are not enough goalscorers in our team. Sarri had four starters at Napoli that would share goals between them week in, week out - Hamsik, Insigne, Mertens, Callejon. 

Here there is only one top, top goalscorer and this is Hazard. Apart from that we play without a striker and the midfield is not productive enough. IMO we are basically one quality centre forward, winger and midfielder away from challenging for the title. Morata is not good enough, nor is Willian/Pedro and none of the midfielders are scoring enough. We can't wait for Hazard to win every match on his own. This season is going to be all about clinching top 4 and I think we'll do. 

Hmmmmmm i don't think we just a winger, a midfielder, and striker is what is needed we need another decent central defender to play along side of Rudi, even then we're a long long way off challenging for the title I think you're a bit deluded there mate.

I'm not even sure we're good enough to finish in the top four this season, manure are creeping up arse are playing better with emery, and we are struggling can't break down park the bus teams, and can'y compete with other teams that play a high pressing game, we've been found out as per Conte.

4 hours ago, yuvala said:

Defending was really bad starting with our front players who did not press or chase well enough. Tottenham defended better and put us under pressure with a high line at all times. They were the far better team.

they were having s laugh and strolling in our half because they were not contained in midfield. Our defense was mediocre, just like the rest of the team. Focusing on them is missing the whole picture imo.

funny how people minimize the impact of the two goals. Goals change games and being 2 down away from home against strong opposition must have been deflating, with our gameplan down the drain.

5 hours ago, Mana said:

...Morata can't even do one of the basic things as a striker and that is staying onside.

Morata has been caught offside, more so then any other player in the PL this season.

Morata isn't a better player. He had a tiny spell of scoring every game, but that's gone now. He is without a doubt, one of the worst Chelsea players we had in the last decade, and along with Lukaku, the worst top 6 CF.

Heh we are not going to agree on this because I don’t think the striker position is only about scoring, after all giroud himself won the World Cup without scoring a single goal. We just don’t create enough chances for any striker to succeed nor do we have enough goal scorers to circumvent that... in other words it’s just not a great team.

while I agree they are not good enough, I thought morata had a decent game by his standards linking up play well enough and even finishing from a difficult half change from a Willian cross early on. After the game turned sour, then our gameplan was gone.

apologize for the double-posting lazy iPad...

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

To challenge for title, we need new striker, RW, CB and LB. And Kovacic to massively improve. But right now I would be just happy with new quality striker.

14 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I've only just found out the final score, lucky to concede only 3.

Get someone in with a personality, he's clueless about formations, has no motivational prowess, and he's playing the wee man out of position, get rid of him and appoint Franco with Jodi as his assistant.

I can see why he's never won fuck all, he bottled it at the death with Napoli last season.

Then we need at least 1 central defender, a striker or 2, and a wide man, and that's just a start

7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Hmmmmmm i don't think we just a winger, a midfielder, and striker is what is needed we need another decent central defender to play along side of Rudi, even then we're a long long way off challenging for the title I think you're a bit deluded there mate.

I'm not even sure we're good enough to finish in the top four this season, manure are creeping up arse are playing better with emery, and we are struggling can't break down park the bus teams, and can'y compete with other teams that play a high pressing game, we've been found out as per Conte.

Overreaction. 

First defeat of the season, and you're already throwing in the towel, with more than half a season left to go.