• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

9 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I give you another perspective - First I think he needs to adjust to his own squad. I agree with you I think we look too predictable but IMO it is because there are not enough goalscorers in our team. Sarri had four starters at Napoli that would share goals between them week in, week out - Hamsik, Insigne, Mertens, Callejon. 

Here there is only one top, top goalscorer and this is Hazard. Apart from that we play without a striker and the midfield is not productive enough. IMO we are basically one quality centre forward, winger and midfielder away from challenging for the title. Morata is not good enough, nor is Willian/Pedro and none of the midfielders are scoring enough. We can't wait for Hazard to win every match on his own. This season is going to be all about clinching top 4 and I think we'll do. 

Out of that list Insigne and Hamsik are the only two players who are better than what we have perhaps in our positions though, Pedro and Willian aren't inferior players to Callejon or Mertens by any means (although Mertens goal record was impressive for a winger who never really had half as productive a season or two in his whole career), you could argue with fine tuning Kovacic is better than Hamsik (other than goals and tactical experience from playing for so many years in so many different positions dont think Hamsik does much more or better than Kova) and Insigne wouldn't take Edens place but could defos play in our team the guys a top class player. 

It's not just about the individual qualities of these players though, Napoli played this system ten or twenty times better because they adjusted to it over a longer period, anyone expecting us to be like Napoli were in 20 games and 1 transfer window sorry but its not happening. Napoli took a full season really to evolve into the team that coaches, players and fans watched with interest. There was a huge difference in Napoli in season 1, season 2 and season 3 under Sarri, a big evolution from Benitez' pragmatic approach.

Still need to sort some things and improve, the defence, pressing, 1 and 2 touch combinations in and around the box can be a lot better, scoring more goals etc... the style has been a nice change but it's only 30-40% of where we should be trying to get to perhaps. I think this season if we get top 4 (achievable 100%) then we really can push on next season, no world cup disrupting pre-season, hopefully another few players come in (maybe 1 or 2 come in January too?) the summer to shape Sarri's squad more in what he wants. 

Sarri needs time 100% yes but solutions though. Fast. Because results are the way this club runs the management and if the coach isn't getting them, well, he's no use regardless of style he wants to implenent because we know how the hierarchy operate. It's quite alarming that the last wee while we seem to not have progressed as much compared to Arsenal who initially struggled but have now come into a real rich vein of form in terms of results and despite playing poorly are able to grind out wins.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Out of that list Insigne and Hamsik are the only two players who are better than what we have perhaps in our positions though, Pedro and Willian aren't inferior players to Callejon or Mertens by any means (although Mertens goal record was impressive for a winger who never really had half as productive a season or two in his whole career), you could argue with fine tuning Kovacic is better than Hamsik (other than goals and tactical experience from playing for so many years in so many different positions dont think Hamsik does much more or better than Kova) and Insigne wouldn't take Edens place but could defos play in our team the guys a top class player.

They are playing in Serie A. Willain, Giroud, Morata might be good enough for Serie A but they are not good enough to play Sarriball and be effective in PL. Hamsik, Callejon, Mertens are good enough to play Sarriball and be effective in Serie A.

Couldnt see the match and dont have the stomach to see it now. Read it somewhere that Sarri was taken aback on how Spurs eliminated Jorginho. 

We had a loss coming and I'm glad specially when fans were started to hype the winning run however I'm disappointed that it came against Spurs. 

Had mentioned it before that once the opposition will start targeting/pressurizing Jorginho it will be chaos and more importantly how we switch to plan B from there will showcase how matured we are. Sarri has to start looking at plan B because there is lot to be done in the current team, currently I feel he is focused on perfection which could be difficult with this set of players. 

Anyways more learning to be done ... Hoping better integration of plans in the team. Keep going, Blues!!! 

This was a truly disgusting performance. Another shit slow start allowing them to play how they wanted.

Luiz and Morata absolute shite, when is Sarri going to realise that Morata is shite and should not be started ahead of Giroud.

It was gutless from them all, I'm still fucking fuming.

3 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Read it somewhere that Sarri was taken aback on how Spurs eliminated Jorginho. 

He shouldn't be too taken aback. Night before the game on TV they were showing how Everton managed to neutralize him by surrounding him with four players. Even on FIFA 19 part of the standard commentary is 'players need to get closer to the Brazilian'. 

On 11/25/2018 at 1:44 PM, Mana said:

But I’d still rather have Giroud starting than Morata. Other attacking players play better with him on the pitch.

I don't exactly remember but I saw several times on twitter now that Hazard scored all his 7 goals when Giroud was on the pitch and none with Morata.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Mana said:

...Morata can't even do one of the basic things as a striker and that is staying onside.

Morata has been caught offside, more so then any other player in the PL this season.

Morata isn't a better player. He had a tiny spell of scoring every game, but that's gone now. He is without a doubt, one of the worst Chelsea players we had in the last decade, and along with Lukaku, the worst top 6 CF.

Although Lukaku gets a lot of stick, on top form he is still scoring over 20 goals. He is by far an awful striker and he is also a handful but just lacks technical ability and his understanding of the game is poor. Morata on the other hand now is really frustrating because he is barley even posing a threat to defenders. Still going to back him obviously but I don' think Lukaku is as bad as people make out. Did he not get around 27 goals or so last season?

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

He scored 16 PL goals last season in 34 appearances. For a top striker that cost £90m, that is poor. But overall, yes he did score 27.

Morata scored 15 goals overall last season, 11 in the league.

The reason why Lukaku is level on Morata this season, is because they both share a lack of goals, and they both play like donkeys. Lukaku's first touch is laughable, and Lukaku misses open goals just like Morata.

They are both very poor. Lukaku was a better player last season but that's not saying much.

I still would take Lukaku here tbh, despite his flaws. I also believe he will get back in form with United. He gets over 20 goals usually every season but that won't happen anyway.

Lukaku is a good striker but with no brain. Replace Morata by Giroud and Kovacic by Barkley and use Kanté as defensive midfielder. It can't be worse. The Spaniards haven't showed much so far. If you ask me, send back Kovacic to the bench of RM as early as January and sell Morata with a decent loss, I have had enough of him: does not even understand the off-side rule; while Kovacic is outperformed by Barkley. Buy a top striker as a priority.  

8 hours ago, the wes said:

another Pochettino masterclass against Chelsea lol, in the end he has won fuck all with Spurs, long may it continue tbh, ive never liked Pochettino, arrogant argentine fuck, win something meaningful 1st then talk. Cheers mate

16 hours ago, Stats said:

I still would take Lukaku here tbh, despite his flaws. I also believe he will get back in form with United. He gets over 20 goals usually every season but that won't happen anyway.

If there's ever a player that represents everything Sarri's philosophy isn't, it's Lukaku!!!

17 hours ago, Stats said:

I rather go for Anthony Martial he would shine as a striker in Sarri system

5 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

another Pochettino masterclass against Chelsea lol, in the end he has won fuck all with Spurs, long may it continue tbh, ive never liked Pochettino, arrogant argentine fuck, win something meaningful 1st then talk. Cheers mate