General Chelsea Stuff

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

I've aways been slightly curious about the regime that season, my gut instinct is Ten Cate was informally incharge.

Or Steve Clarke, although I feel like the team were mostly on auto-pilot that season anyway, with the players taking charge of matters. 

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Or Steve Clarke, although I feel like the team were mostly on auto-pilot that season anyway, with the players taking charge of matters. 

My theory is why would he have left his post as Ajax manager to become assistant all over again? Also from what i recall there was a distinct improvement in our attacking patterns of play after he arrived.

'I lost out on one of the great chances of my life': Former Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari says clashes with Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka led to his sacking at Stamford Bridge after just SEVEN months

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8172437/Former-Chelsea-manager-Luiz-Felipe-Scolari-says-clashes-Drogba-Anelka-led-demise.html

On 29/03/2020 at 9:09 PM, Jason said:

Had luck been on Grant's side, like it did with Di Matteo, the former could have easily been a Premier League and Champions League winner. 

Not to mention The League Cup. Three runners up medals for all but one of Chelsea's main players that season. Michael Ballack was the odd one out because he was a runner up with Germany that summer for four silver medals in a season. If only Didier hadn't been goaded into getting himself sent off in extra time he'd have been taking the 5th penalty in Moscow. If only JT hadn't slipped. If only Heskey hadn't stolen a point with a late equaliser for Wigan at The Bridge. If only.

One kick away..weird when think about it. It wasnt a case of oh he missed it..he also slipped!! No one else slipped! And at the wrong minute! 

And I never saw it..couldn't watch it. Was only when at the Bridge they seemed to have a montage of bad moments on the screen they played it! Not sure why...

6 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

One kick away..weird when think about it. It wasnt a case of oh he missed it..he also slipped!! No one else slipped! And at the wrong minute! 

And I never saw it..couldn't watch it. Was only when at the Bridge they seemed to have a montage of bad moments on the screen they played it! Not sure why...

only time I ever cried over a footy game

:(

6 hours ago, Mana said:

The 2012 victory helped me recover quickly from that heartbreak. If we didn't win in 2012, I'll still be grieving about that shootout.

Imagine if Drogba missed on top of that.....

Makes me feel for Valencia and Atleti, they lost two finals in quick succession and it looks like their chance to get that elusive one has passed, especially for the former, getting that 1 is really a weight off.

9 hours ago, Mana said:

The 2012 victory helped me recover quickly from that heartbreak. If we didn't win in 2012, I'll still be grieving about that shootout.

That final was bonkers...80th minute onwards...to them scoring to Drogba scoring. To him giving away a penalty.. to it being missed..then the shootout..Mata missing then bammmmmmm. To many down and up moments all after the 80th minute onwards

Does anyone has any info into how some of our players that was injured are doing now? 

I remember Tammy, kante and such was injured before the season stop. 

I would like to know where they stand at this moment. 

42 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Does anyone has any info into how some of our players that was injured are doing now? 

I remember Tammy, kante and such was injured before the season stop. 

I would like to know where they stand at this moment. 

None of our players had serious injury. A couple of weeks max at the time.

Not that it matters since our next game is in 3 months at best.

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

None of our players had serious injury. A couple of weeks max at the time.

Not that it matters since our next game is in 3 months at best.

So theoretically by June all of our players should be able to start for the club? 

Kante, Tammy, Pulisic and even RLC? 

On 4/2/2020 at 0:34 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Interesting discussion of all things Chelsea: -

Very good, even the articles that come the athletic are the best. 

In fact years ago journalism was like that, methodical, a lot of analysis and what not. 

Nowadays the journalism like skysport, the guardian and what not is so sub standard of what it used to be. But the athletic is like the elite of sports journalism. 

13 minutes ago, Fernando said:

So theoretically by June all of our players should be able to start for the club? 

Kante, Tammy, Pulisic and even RLC? 

Pretty sure they are all fit now. But when are we back in training for sure some of them will get new muscle injuries :D

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pretty sure they are all fit now. But when are we back in training for sure some of them will get new muscle injuries :D

I hope they give us like 2 to 3 weeks of prea season type before restarting the season in July. 

I think finishing the season in July-August is doable. 

Giving that the virus started in Wuhan and they are already reopening their city, we can assume that it last anywhere between 2 to 3 months. We already been in lock down since March and will be all of April. This is good, hopefully by mid May we can slowly start to open things up again. And then let clubs get back into training and pre season in June.