• Hazard
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

12 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Disappointing in the end:

Positives:  We're only a couple of month in to the Sarri era.  Great things ahead once it's clicking.  Klopp's been building for years now.  Alisson kept them in it.

Pedro was missed, as was a striker.

Its a bit of a two street sure we will improve our play under Sarri, on other hand so will the opposition, they will figure out our weaknesses and area of exploit. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with a draw. A loss would have given them greater momentum and this really puts us up there with Liverpool and City. Hopefully the media start giving us some respect. Im not holding my breath.

Just now, DDA said:

I'm happy with a draw. A loss would have given them greater momentum and this really puts us up there with Liverpool and City. Hopefully the media start giving us some respect. Im not holding my breath.

No chance! This is what has annoyed. Know Liverpool are doing well blah blah but until last week we were level! 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Heartbreaking to concede at that moment, but fair result in the end considering the chances they had early. 

Hugely encouraging performance, though. Were it not for an unbelievable, world class strike we'd have kept a clean sheet against arguably the best attack in Europe. That was literally the only possible spot Sturridge could've put that to score.

We won the midfield battle (Kante, Jorginho, and Kova were all excellent) we were very solid at the back, and both Hazard and Willian were great. That last pice that separates us from the top 2 is that world class forward. Giroud, bless him, works his ass off but just can't score the 25-30 per season we need.

What a fucking coach Sarri is, though!

Totally agree...We need a world class forward...That will complete this team

11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Liverpool v Man City next. Hopefully they will lose more points next week.

And then after the international break, it's us vs Jose at the Bridge. And it's the first game of the weekend! :rant:

Im not gonna lie, if anyone had told me before the match we would draw vs Pool i wouldnt mind tbh, but after watching this game its feels so sour that we couldnt snatch 3 points. If only we could put away our chances and put the game to bed... oh well, need to take it on the chin and learn from this, we just have to accept that Sturridge's goal was a wonder strike, its great when you have those kind of scoring options on the bench, unlike us...

shame about the draw! but at beginning of the match I would have make a  deal this result.
draw in this way burn a lot, but thinking positive:
-they have scored just for one great shoot.
-after 40 days with sarri we are already at same level of Liverpool (one of the 3-4 best team in the world with a fantastic coach), just one year ago this was utopy but also 3 month ago!
I'm sad for today, but i'm excitated thinking what we could do  in the future, maybe with 1-2 great purchases!

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
12 minutes ago, Clockwork said:
FBs are a huge concern neither Alonso or Azpi are good enough in the buildup against competent oppositions. 

I think Emerson is. Just a matter of whether he'll get a look in

Still do not think he is answer, that poacher goal aside, he is a great backup (IF he is totally recovered from that knee injury, which I still have doubts on)

Sessegnon or Firpo ftw

Still do not think he is answer, that poacher goal aside, Sessegnon or Firpo ftw

We certainly don't have the pieces in our current squad, but he's the best of the options we have at hand IMO.  

A FB/WB among the elite is something we've needed since Conte joined.

Just now, Clockwork said:

Ferland Mendy is growing on me, i think he can be better than City's Mendy.

He has potential yes, but I still go for the two I mentioned, but again, yes, Mendy is is good call, I could see him as better than any we have in a year or two.