The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

This years iteration of FIFA is nothing short of garbage. The entire game is broken and I've just given up. Play single player on World Class or above? Every team plays Barcelona style possession football no matter how highly they're rated. Be it Barcelona themselves or Accrington Stanley, players turning on a 2p, defenders leaving world class forwards for dead. It's crazy. Turn the sliders down? A decrease of even 5 points makes the CPU teams rubbish and too easy. There's no happy medium.

Perhaps you want to play online then? Boosters have already got overly high rated Pro's by turning all the sliders down on Legendary and completing all the accomplishments with ease. H2H seasons? Well they're great so long as you don't die from lag. Oh yeah, and if like me you use Semi/Manual controls, then you're snookered once somebody on full assisted comes along, sit's on the Contain and Secondary Contain buttons whilst switching players constantly. Then there's the people exploiting the keeper control by pressing back/select to control the keeper and allowing the CPU to defend.

It doesn't matter what mode you play or how you play. Every aspect of the game has at least one glaringly obvious issue. So bye bye FIFA 12, back to 11 for me if I need a football game fix.

Edit: The only good thing about this game is Tactical Defending, once you get used to it.

Defending is difficult !

I have to say, I agree... especially on Ultimate Team, where you're playing in tournaments against Semi-Pro difficulty, the tackling is really delayed and the CPU just easily gets past you that way, and they're always able to squeeze the ball past your keeper as well!

Daniel Martinez and Bahebeck were playing great for me. Both increased 4 or 5 overall point during one season with Sheffield Wednesday.

My best youth player so far has been a Brazilian GK, was rated 67 overall, but I couldn't play with that saved game after my second year so I never could find out if he would grow into that potential star he was meant to (had a potential rating of 87 or so)

What are Mata's Weak Foot and Skill Star Ratings and does he have Playmaker?

Also can the Stats for players be modified like FIFA 11?

I really want to play as Napoli and Munich and use their blistering pace.

I think the first player I'm going to buy in Chelsea Manager Mode is Mario Gotze and then Eden Hazard.

What are Mata's Weak Foot and Skill Star Ratings and does he have Playmaker?

Also can the Stats for players be modified like FIFA 11?

I really want to play as Napoli and Munich and use their blistering pace.

I think the first player I'm going to buy in Chelsea Manager Mode is Mario Gotze and then Eden Hazard.

Dunno for weak foot, I'll post it later. Mata has a 4 star skill moves, he has a playmaker trait and flair also I believe, he's fast as fuck and he has an overall of 85. Overall, he's very good and he gets even better in manager mod.

As for the stats,

you can edit them and increase them as much as you want and you can play normal matches with them, but when you go online, start a career mod they revert to normal. Hazard and Goetze are great also.

Dunno for weak foot, I'll post it later. Mata has a 4 star skill moves, he has a playmaker trait and flair also I believe, he's fast as fuck and he has an overall of 85. Overall, he's very good and he gets even better in manager mod.

As for the stats,

you can edit them and increase them as much as you want and you can play normal matches with them, but when you go online, start a career mod they revert to normal. Hazard and Goetze are great also.

Brilliant, but with some of the moves he has been pulling off lately he deserves 5 star skill moves.

I played FIFA 10 today and everything except turning with the ball was terrible.

My lack of recent activity on this forum is because of FIFA, i've pretty much mastered the game now and i've got a wicked ultimate team but it's so addictive. I work 12-7 and when i get home it's dinner, bath, FIFA and i really have not much time here lol. FUT can run your life.

My lack of recent activity on this forum is because of FIFA, i've pretty much mastered the game now and i've got a wicked ultimate team but it's so addictive. I work 12-7 and when i get home it's dinner, bath, FIFA and i really have not much time here lol. FUT can run your life.

Glad youve seen the light O. Would like to quote you some of the PES post you made a few years back....:)

i've pretty much mastered the game now

You're gunna have to tell me how you properly do tricks and get the ball past the opponent efficiently! Every time I try to do the rocastle turn on the opponent, I just get tackled! :P I'm useless when it comes to the tricks! You have to some weird combination with the analogue sticks or something! It's the same with PES too :P

You're gunna have to tell me how you properly do tricks and get the ball past the opponent efficiently! Every time I try to do the rocastle turn on the opponent, I just get tackled! :P I'm useless when it comes to the tricks! You have to some weird combination with the analogue sticks or something! It's the same with PES too :P

Lower the difficulty and change your game style to a dribbling one. Take a team with good dribblers and start ripping! As you get better you'll find it easier and higher difficulties won't be a challenge as big as they are now.

That's how I did it at least :P