The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

Hopw the fuck do i search for players i wanna buy, yes i see the list of players etc, bnut in fifa11 u could 'type' there name... dunno how to on fifa12?

If your talking about manager mode, then yes, you can still type there name as a search. It's the same search format as fifa 11.

Mine virtual pro is such an ugly cunt, although I've been doing him with my picture in one hand. :giggle:

I really don't like haircuts, because no-one suits me. :) This haircut should absolutly be in game:

ibranew-hair.jpg?w=500&h=298

Nevermind, here are my Virtual Pro stats:

Height 6'12'', weight 174 lbs, position CDM (71 overall), attacking and defensive work rate medium, skill moves 5 stars, weak foot 4 stars. Traits: long throw, early crosser, skill dribling. I'm currently playing for QPR, me and Barton cunt are really enjoying ourselves. :D

Skill atributes:

Ball control 76

Crossing 69

Curve 76

Dribling 75

Finishing 63

Free kicks 75

Heading 57

Long pass 80

Long shots 77

Marking 56

Penalites 72

Short pass 78

Shot power 74

Slide tackle 61

Stand tackle 66

Volleys 63

Mental:

Aggresion 59

Att. Position 65

Interceptions 65

Vision 75

Physical:

Acceleration 69

Agility 68

Balance 77

Jumping 74

Reactions 74

Sprint speed 74

Stamina 75

Strenght 80

Defending is difficult !

Notice thy have the same old commentary standards ''Bit wayward from Lampard'' :no:

Change to Legacy defending (fifa 11,10,09 etc controls), for some reason though EA thought it would be really clever to remove that option when in online ranked and ultimate team modes so inevitably - if you played ranked matches or UT like me your going to have to get used to it!

Change to Legacy defending (fifa 11,10,09 etc controls), for some reason though EA thought it would be really clever to remove that option when in online ranked and ultimate team modes so inevitably - if you played ranked matches or UT like me your going to have to get used to it!

Cheers for that will give it a go

^ It's pretty pointless changing to legacy defending, as you won't be able to use it online. The new system is better and more realistic, it's just a case of getting used to it.

Defending is difficult !
This is a great piece of advice from the fifa forums on the new tactical defending...
Do not rush to the ball all the time. That's what we used to do in FIFA 11. Not anymore, you will be beaten. That doesn't mean you have to leave open spaces. Run WITH the attacker, not towards him. Just block his vision to the goal, and if another attacker is moving to receive a pass, press RB so that a teammate jostles the possessor while you mark the receiving player. I do this a lot and it is effective: I end up intercepting the pass. For the record, I almost never use the contain button -- A --, I just use manual jostle. It gives me a lot more control, and the ability to tackle quicker.

Use the tackle button VERY SPARINGLY and only when you are close enough to a player, or when you have good sprint momentum and can get to the ball faster than a receiving player.

Finally, when the attacker is nearby the box, stay close to him but not too close. Don't give him chance to dribble or use skill. Keep blocking his vision towards the goal, and try to anticipate what he wants to do...this is the part which requires good skill and intuition...it cannot be taught. Now, you may use the sprint button depending on the speed of the attacker. Don't use it all the time, or your player will get tired. But don't hesitate to use it when the situation calls for it. Normally I sprint while I jostle to keep up with the attacker.

Mine virtual pro is such an ugly cunt, although I've been doing him with my picture in one hand. :giggle:

I really don't like haircuts, because no-one suits me. :) This haircut should absolutly be in game:

ibranew-hair.jpg?w=500&h=298

DD started that style.