The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

I was shocked when on my first season Drogba said that after that season will be retire.I sold Hilario,Bossingwa,Paulo Fereira and Kalou.I didn't renew Anelka's contract and he lived too.Today I started my second season with Chelsea.Made some Very good transfers.Like Munian,Gokhan Tore

:D ,De Bruyne,Shaqiri and Lasogga.He is very,very good.I start sometimes with Torres and sometimes with this young guy.He have 8 goals from 8 matches in PL.He is very good.De Bruyne and Shaqiri are on loan now.With some young talents from Chelsea academy.I play with 4-3-3.

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien - Lampard

Sturridge - Torres/Lasogga - Mata

I was shocked when on my first season Drogba said that after that season will be retire.I sold Hilario,Bossingwa,Paulo Fereira and Kalou.I didn't renew Anelka's contract and he lived too.Today I started my second season with Chelsea.Made some Very good transfers.Like Munian,Gokhan Tore :D ,De Bruyne,Shaqiri and Lasogga.He is very,very good.I start sometimes with Torres and sometimes with this young guy.He have 8 goals from 8 matches in PL.He is very good.De Bruyne and Shaqiri are on loan now.With some young talents from Chelsea academy.I play with 4-3-3.

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien - Lampard

Sturridge - Torres/Lasogga - Mata

Oh lucky me, I sold big D for 26m to Dortmund :D

I like how on manager mode when you make a comment to the press before a game, the commentators will talk about it during the game. I unnerved Arsenal in the press, and the headline story was that I criticised Arsen's transfer policy. So in the game, that was all the commentators were talking about, lmao. The level of detail this year in career mode is quite impressive, not to mention the youth academy feature and the ‘sky sports style’ last hour of the transfer window countdown.

I hope they fix the bag when young players can't develop?

Yes, they have.

They even improve when you send them out on loan. Last year you sent someone on loan and they never improved, that has changed completely this year. Everything is perfect, this is the best manager mode ever, one thing I’m sure of is that next year they will screw it up, just for the sake of making changes. So enjoy it now, because this is the best it's ever been for manager mode on Fifa.

Anyone here go on "Ultimate Team"

I managed to get David Villa in a Gold Pack today! I got him up front with Benitez and Hleb! I've also got Mexes in defence, and my midfield consists of Toivonen, Seydou Keita, and Steven Defour!

My team is pretty good at the moment! I'm having trouble selling players at auctions though!

Does anyone else have trouble defending after scoring? It seems to happen to me all the time. My opponents always get scoring chances after I score.

This is a great piece of advice from the fifa forums on the new tactical defending...

Do not rush to the ball all the time. That's what we used to do in FIFA 11. Not anymore, you will be beaten. That doesn't mean you have to leave open spaces. Run WITH the attacker, not towards him. Just block his vision to the goal, and if another attacker is moving to receive a pass, press RB so that a teammate jostles the possessor while you mark the receiving player. I do this a lot and it is effective: I end up intercepting the pass. For the record, I almost never use the contain button -- A --, I just use manual jostle. It gives me a lot more control, and the ability to tackle quicker.

Use the tackle button VERY SPARINGLY and only when you are close enough to a player, or when you have good sprint momentum and can get to the ball faster than a receiving player.

Finally, when the attacker is nearby the box, stay close to him but not too close. Don't give him chance to dribble or use skill. Keep blocking his vision towards the goal, and try to anticipate what he wants to do...this is the part which requires good skill and intuition...it cannot be taught. Now, you may use the sprint button depending on the speed of the attacker. Don't use it all the time, or your player will get tired. But don't hesitate to use it when the situation calls for it. Normally I sprint while I jostle to keep up with the attacker.

Im a bit on the fence about getting this , i got the demo and if feels iffy , getting used to the new defending system may take time. what's the online like ? have they changed it so it penalises quitters more ?