Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

Chelsea coach reveals PSG goalkeeper Alphonse Areola wanted Blues move before club chose world record Kepa

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7207163/chelsea-psg-alphonse-areola-kepa-christophe-lollichon/

We should have listen Lollichon!

Oblak is too expensive
if we sold Kepa we will take a total loss of around 65m to 70m on him (of the £143m)
Oblak RC fee is £103m  now plus his salary for 5 years will be at least £65m or more
so a 7 years cost (2 Kepa, 5 Oblak) of £250m or more just for one position (GK, which, along with fullback is the lowest cost position in football)
so will NEVER happen
so Obak is off the table for good
Alexander Nübel was snatched by Bayern
this leaves
my top 10 options

André Onana    
Alex Meret    
Thomas Strakosha   
Predrag Rajkovic
David Soria
Odysseas Vlachodimos
Dean Henderson (tough pull as Manure owns him)
Nick Pope
Bartlomiej Dragowski
Koen Casteels
no Henderson then add
Matvey Safonov 

and for backup
deffo
Salvatore Sirigu

Strakosha is the best shout IMO. I wanted him when rumours of Thibo finally leaving were going around.

5 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Wonder how much PSG would want for Marcin Bulka?

I'm not being serious. There was obviously a big falling out between Marcin and the club last season. There's no way he would come back. It would be easy to guess that the falling out was mainly Marcin's fault but who knows. It's not unlikely that the club wouldn't want him back either.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Strakosha is the best shout IMO. I wanted him when rumours of Thibo finally leaving were going around.

André Onana has a downside besides being the most expensive on the list)

that damn African Nations Cup which pulls him out for a month or so mid season

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Chelsea coach reveals PSG goalkeeper Alphonse Areola wanted Blues move before club chose world record Kepa

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7207163/chelsea-psg-alphonse-areola-kepa-christophe-lollichon/

We should have listen Lollichon!

Always been a fan of Areola and his spectacular reflexes and reach but people here told me he is error prone. Still true?

Lampard Ready To Axe Defensive Star For Rest Of The Season: Should Chelsea Replace The Spaniard?

https://the4thofficial.net/2020/02/lampard-ready-to-axe-defensive-star-for-rest-of-the-season-should-chelsea-replace-the-spaniard/

According to a recent report by Spanish news outlet Cope, Premier League high-flyers Chelsea are said to be considering cashing in on their Spanish shot-stopper Kepa Arizzabalaga after he was dropped from the first-team in favour of Willy Caballero just a few days ago. The Pensioners’ most recent fixture against Leicester City saw Lampard opting to play the Argentine veteran from the start for the first time in the league this season, possibly triggering a bad moment in Kepa’s Chelsea career.

It has been claimed that Lampard is keen on a new goalkeeping signing in the summer, owing largely to their current Spaniard’s inefficiency and mistake-prone nature. The report suggests that the Chelsea gaffer may not start Kepa for the remainder of the season and that it’s something he’s been scheming up for quite a while now. It has been reported that the inexplicable £71m price-tag is the only thing that has sustained Kepa’s place in this Chelsea team so far this season and that Lampard has already asked the board to start looking for replacements that they can bring in during the summer.

Where Has It All Gone Wrong For Kepa Arizzabalaga This Season?

The young Spanish shot-stopper arrived from Athletic Bilbao for a whopping transfer fee, effectively building up such lofty expectations on his shoulders even before he had arrived in London. The price-tag was obviously viewed as extravagant, while his performances during the first few weeks in England wouldn’t have filled the fans with too much confidence either. Despite this, the youngster was given the starting role in Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea team and continued into the current season as the first-choice as well.

There’s no denying that the Spanish custodian has played in some vital fixtures for the Blues, including the Europa League semifinal against Eintracht Frankfurt last season, where he made a couple of vital penalty saves in the shootout. Despite this, things have taken a turn for the worse since the start of the current campaign. He’s looked extremely shabby with the ball at his feet, while the Spaniard doesn’t seem to make saves that should be routine for someone of his high standards. The leggy shot-stopper has struggled to make any memorable saves this season, and continues to boast among the worst numbers of all the keepers in the league.

snip

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/frank-lampard-facing-battle-chelsea-21424081

Wouldn't believe that since it's the Mirror but according to it, Lampard wants Pope or Guaita as Kepa's replacement and if that's true, then his judgment seriously needs to be questioned! :doh: 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/frank-lampard-facing-battle-chelsea-21424081

Wouldn't believe that since it's the Mirror but according to it, Lampard wants Pope or Guaita as Kepa's replacement and if that's true, then his judgment seriously needs to be questioned! :doh: 

Pope would be a good backup option

hellz to muthaphukin NO to Guaita

my dog, we are reduced to chasing Roy Hodgson scraps now?????????

Just now, Vesper said:

Pope would be a good backup option

hellz to muthaphukin NO to Guaita

my dog, we are reduced to chasing Roy Hodgson scraps now?????????

With Caballero's contract expiring in the summer, there's also the question of getting a new backup keeper, unless of course we decide to keep him again!

Unless Kepa's form continues to go south in the next few months, I highly doubt we'll sell him in the summer. At worst, we'll probably just make him the backup keeper or have him fight with a new keeper for the #1 position.

We already have a number of positions - e.g. ST, LW/RW, LB - that we need to strengthen and it's going to cost a lot, not sure we would still have enough to buy a top keeper then, or potentially two keepers.

hey Lampard!

why don't you sack that dodgy Henrique Hilário FIRST and try and work out Kepa's current issues before demanding we take a monstrous £120m or MORE (cost of Kepa liquidation plus the new keeper's salary plus t-fee) hit on the balance sheet!!!!

we are delving into madness

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

With Caballero's contract expiring in the summer, there's also the question of getting a new backup keeper, unless of course we decide to keep him again!

Unless Kepa's form continues to go south in the next few months, I highly doubt we'll sell him in the summer. At worst, we'll probably just make him the backup keeper or have him fight with a new keeper for the #1 position.

We already have a number of positions - e.g. ST, LW/RW, LB - that we need to strengthen and it's going to cost a lot, not sure we would still have enough to buy a top keeper then, or potentially two keepers.

let us all hope these reports (and I am seeing it all over) about Lampard demanding Kepa actually be sold (not kept as even backup) are all bullshit

as this is NOT the hill to die on

Is there anything stable atm?????

Right-back and CMF (unless you toss in the Kante uber-dilemma in there) I guess

I DREAD this summer, especially if we cock-up top 4

Just now, Vesper said:

let us all hope these reports (and I am seeing it all over) about Lampard demanding Kepa actually be sold (not kept as even backup) are all bullshit

as this is NOT the hill to die on

Is there anything stable atm?????

Right-back and CMF (unless you toss in the Kante uber-dilemma in there) I guess

I DREAD this summer, especially if we cock-up top 4

Think some parts of the media are jumping onto it because of the selection at Leicester. I don't think Lampard is at breaking point with Kepa just yet. Sure, Kepa has been poor and deserved to be dropped but only recently Lampard also pointed out the moments Kepa made some crucial saves this season. For now, benching Kepa at the weekend was likely to be just a warning to him, a kick up the arse. I'll only believe stuff these days if Matt Law/Guardian/The Athletic report them.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Rumours of Guaita came out last week because I think his Palace contract may be running down and so is Caballero's so the club are probably looking at him as a younger backup option to Willy. It makes sense as the club previously has looked domestically for a backup keeper who knows the league and can offer expected reliability.

I think the Mirror have taken those suggestions and lazily included it in this piece. There is no way we're taking a Palace backup to be our first choice keeper.

I'd also be surprised if Nick Pope was the keeper we'd look at to replace Kepa. I personally don't think he's good enough and would be found wanting making the step up.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Rumours of Guaita came out last week because I think his Palace contract may be running down and so is Caballero's so the club are probably looking at him as a younger backup option to Willy. It makes sense as the club previously has looked domestically for a backup keeper who knows the league and can offer expected reliability.

I think the Mirror have taken those suggestions and lazily included it in this piece. There is no way we're taking a Palace backup to be our first choice keeper.

I'd also be surprised if Nick Pope was the keeper we'd look at to replace Kepa. I personally don't think he's good enough and would be found wanting making the step up.

a great backup option would be Sven Ulreich, he is only 31, fairly tall, is a backup now, and is deffo out as Bayern are bringing in Alexander Nübel

I think he is class

0aa714b4a2b79641d6e35739c2b6d70c.png