test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

2,491 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, lucio said:

yeah. and cahill isnt a troublemaker, Luiz maybe but he wasn't here during Jose's implosion

Theres no doubt the majority of players here have a weak mentality though. We go a goal down and its game over there and then. Bournemouth, City, Arsenal... whoever else this season. Its really pathetic, imagine JT or Lamps or Drogba in this dressing room. Guys like Alonso, Hazard, Willian, Morata etc would be told straight.

lucio likes this

The silence tells you everything, hes getting backed through this.  lose the stubborness though, please

Unless of course the club decide tomorrow to let him go

I think the player power idea is massively blown out of proportion.

The fact is that only Chelsea, once, have retained the Premier League title besides Fergie's United. This not only highlights just how great a manager Fergie was but also shows just how ridiculously hard teams throughout the years have found the season after winning the title.

Granted the last couple of times we've dropped off alarmingly but I think that's down to the players being not as good and collectively weaker mentally to cope with the pressures of being the team everybody wants to knock off the perch than simply giving up on the manager. 

Now the players not being good enough collectively...that's a completely different debate.

Blue Armour and Adnane like this

Carlo’s Napoli is 11 points behind Juventus and out of the Italian cup.Don’t see how his rotating policy is profitable.
Not to mention his mediocre record of winning only 4 titles throughout his career,two of which were in a one-team league.And bare in mind the great teams he has managed - our golden generation was at its peak under him.Some people tend to forget easily but Bayern were no fools to ditch him.

has an analysis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, stryker1808 said:

Sarri talked about starting sarriball project with only 13-14 players as it takes a while to comprehend it. At Napoli, it's also been documented that performance intensity drops massively in 2nd half of season as well. So it would appear that we will have to endure a period of pain as the team not only have to learn the system but also experience the fatigue as the season sets in. And that's assuming Board gives him full support, players all buy in and no one commits any brainfart errors (Alonso in first goal).

I don't see how Sarri can go from being a world class manager to a clown in half a season. There's just no point in firing him and continuing with this bust /boom. I for one rather have sustained results through longer term efforts. The whole club (board, manager, players) have to look at themselves and agree on a medium term plan, understanding we may not be competing on all cups for a couple of years. Prioritise - top 4, EPL, whatever...and tweak the entire infrastructure accordingly.

For now, focus on top 4 and Europa win...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World class manager? I’m sorry but that’s really laughable. You cannot call Sarri a world class manager until he wins a bloody trophy.

Its really strange that some people just buy the idea that Sarri is a world class manager. I will keep saying this: Sarri's CV is no better than the CV's coming from any manager in the Championship. Sarri became famous because he made Napoli play exciting football in a decadent league. He is not a world class manager by any means, he is a fraud.

I also believe it doesn't make much sense to talk about player's power or weak mentality shit, when Sarri is making some obvious mistakes. I mean, its really weird that game after game Kante (the best DM in the squad) is in the attack trying to create chances and score goals, while a shit player (aka Jorginho) is playing as DM, a DM that is 100% useless when the team don't have ball. I mean, the man makes Conte look a ultra dynamic manager (despite Conte being an one trick pony).

bakayokofan likes this

Sarri must sacked right now, while there still is time to get a top 4 finish or win the Europa League. He won't turn things around for one simple reason: he is not good enough. I hope tomorrow we get some good news.

Re-markedly  enough, I think the media were a lot more aggressive with Conte at a similar kind of stage last season., compared to Sarri now.

I guess with United just about edging the top 4 spot on goal difference, they aren't exactly looking forward to a new manager at the helm, and a possible Chelsea resurgence.

2 hours ago, 0007 said:

Carlo’s Napoli is 11 points behind Juventus and out of the Italian cup.Don’t see how his rotating policy is profitable.

Not to mention his mediocre record of winning only 4 titles throughout his career,two of which were in a one-team league.And bare in mind the great teams he has managed - our golden generation was at its peak under him.Some people tend to forget easily but Bayern were no fools to ditch him.

The point there wasn't about where Napoli are right now or Ancelotti's poor league record (though I agree with this one), it's simply about how Ancelotti is managing the squad. Sarri's lack of rotation was arguably one of the key reasons why Napoli fell away towards the end of the last season when going for the title - they say top after 26 games but then won only 6 of the last 12 games to end up finishing 2nd. Plus, it's not like Sarri's management style is working wonders right now...

5 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Re-markedly  enough, I think the media were a lot more aggressive with Conte at a similar kind of stage last season., compared to Sarri now.

I guess with United just about edging the top 4 spot on goal difference, they aren't exactly looking forward to a new manager at the helm, and a possible Chelsea resurgence.

Think that might be because Sarri hasn't been taking shots at the board like Conte last season. The latter was moaning at poor transfers, the board and even the players!

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think that might be because Sarri hasn't been taking shots at the board like Conte last season. The latter was moaning at poor transfers, the board and even the players!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6688843/Maurizio-Sarri-admits-job-pressure-Chelseas-6-0-drubbing-Manchester-City.html

'If the owner calls, I'll be happy, seeing as I never hear from him': Under-pressure Maurizio Sarri aims dig at Roman Abramovich

Might not be too long for that.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6688843/Maurizio-Sarri-admits-job-pressure-Chelseas-6-0-drubbing-Manchester-City.html

'If the owner calls, I'll be happy, seeing as I never hear from him': Under-pressure Maurizio Sarri aims dig at Roman Abramovich

Might not be too long for that.

That's Sarri's first shot at the board, TBF. You wonder if he's just asking for the sack at this point...

25 minutes ago, communicate said:

https://medium.com/@Nico_OMorales/how-did-chelsea-get-this-good-this-fast-1a330740723c

A very good article explaining something that confuse me fo a while. Why do we look good early and then everything fall apart. 

Interesting points.

I really do get the impression that a lot of the players are blindly following a script laid out to them by Sarri.

This could explain our disjointed performances,...how they look really good at certain moments, and completely capitulate the next. Majority of the players don't know how to improvise when things DON'T go according to script. 

We lack the players with intelligence to take control of the situation. Sad to say it, but that especially applies to captain Azpilicueta who is still our best defender, but unable to organize our back four. Then again, who would bother to instruct someone like Alonso? Guy doesn't seem to give a crap when on the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Interesting points.

I really do get the impression that a lot of the players are blindly following a script laid out to them by Sarri.

This could explain our disjointed performances,...how they look really good at certain moments, and completely capitulate the next. Majority of the players don't know how to improvise when things DON'T go according to script. 

We lack the players with intelligence to take control of the situation. Sad to say it, but that especially applies to captain Azpilicueta who is still our best defender, but unable to organize our back four. Then again, who would bother to instruct someone like Alonso? Guy doesn't seem to give a crap when on the pitch.

The reason they cannot improvise is because they are still not sure on how to play as ball playing team.  When team adjust, we cannot react. 

But honestly it does not matter. He will probably will be sacked and we are back hiring a more counter attacking manager. 

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Of course. It was Conte 2nd season. That is the problem. Same with Mourinho, the reason why Mou is sacked is not just because United was underperformed but it was his 3rd season. This year United is supposed to contend not fight for top 4.

Another reason I want Sarri to go which is very important - CHO.

Now yesterday opened my eyes a lot on how poor Sarri’s man management is. He cannot stay here much longer.

There was no pride, no passion. No fight. Why? Because these players weren’t born at Chelsea, and just primadonnas.

CHO is talented, and was in Chelsea since he was seven! He is a Chelsea boy! He may be raw right now but he will fight and show passion. It’s HIS club, he wants to succeed here. This is why me and several others just want to see youth play. Because they will fight to get to the top.

”But but but...CHO wanted to go Bayern!” —Please, take off those Sarri glasses for a moment. CHO is currently being treated like dirt by Sarri. Which is why I want Sarri out now. Chelsea fought Bayern off for WHAT. For CHO to continue being a spectator? He wasn’t even on the bench yesterday, but travelled up to the Etihad for what. CHO feels betrayed and unwanted, that’s why he wanted to leave. How can he not start over Willian at this point is beyond me.

We need fighters in this team. We lost those fighters when we start buying average players who don’t give a fuck about the club.