test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Anthony Martial

Started by Unionjack,

357 posts in this topic
47 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

that should our no 1 priority....an upgrade on willian while selling Pedro.. Then if sarri comes as reported we can promote Hudson Odoi where he can play cup games maybe Europa league and against piss poor opponents...he is a typical sarri ball player... 

nah...

The attributes one should possess to play in a Sarri team should be passing, quickness of thought and clinical finishing. Gelson takes way too many touches when in possession to be useful in a Sarri team.

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

that should our no 1 priority....an upgrade on willian while selling Pedro.. Then if sarri comes as reported we can promote Hudson Odoi where he can play cup games maybe Europa league and against piss poor opponents...he is a typical sarri ball player... 

May clear out half this team if sarri comes then

45 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

May clear out half this team if sarri comes then

GREAT IDEA!!!!

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But wouldnt you prefer Icardi or Lewa up front? The RW theres alot of good young fast lads like Martial.Bailey,Guedes,Conan,Suso James Rodriguez Douglas Costa,, but I still prefer Fekir =D

U forgot to put Christian Pulisic on that list according to reports Fekir is Liverpool bound 

Unionjack likes this

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

U forgot to put Christian Pulisic on that list according to reports Fekir is Liverpool bound 

Specially with the reports we MAY use Bats in the deal. Sounds feasible. Dont know/seen that much about him so I shall trot on to check his YT's

On 13/05/2018 at 0:53 PM, communicate said:

Martial is at his best playing as left winger where he can cut in and shoot, we have hazard at that position. Unless we switch to 4231, this signing make 0 sense 

And Calum, who I believe is a better player than the United man anyway, also plays in that slot. I’ve no interest in Chelsea signing Anthony Martial. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Word on the street is that we are in for him BIG time. 

Not down any street in Brixton mate =D

18 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

And Calum, who I believe is a better player than the United man anyway, also plays in that slot. I’ve no interest in Chelsea signing Anthony Martial. 

What I'm worried about is whatever manager comes in will probably have no idea who to bring in from the academy side. And without Morriss to point it out and push them forward its going to be hard to bring them on.

Martial can play as a striker which I think given time he could really turn it on in that role. He would be far more effective than Morata. So it makes alot of sense to me.

11Drogba likes this

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

If this was us ready to flog Martial then we would sell him to them, but they won't sell to us IMO.

This. Mourinho in the past has had no problem selling players to rivals and has openly said as much. But out of spite I doubt he'd sell Martial to us. He'd never hear the end of it from fans or the media if Martial realizes his potential here.

That being said, I'd take him here in an instant. Under a manager who wants to play on the front foot and be aggressive (like, say, Sarri *wink wink*) he could be brilliant. Just not a Mourinho player at all. Mou wants a workhorse wide player like Willian.

This is just the start of it under Jose for United, selling Martial like he did De Bruyne, Salah etc....Putting all his eggs in the Sanchez basket, and he was so poor for them since signing.

I will never again say one bad word about our board if they somehow bring Martial to Chelsea

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

What I'm worried about is whatever manager comes in will probably have no idea who to bring in from the academy side. And without Morriss to point it out and push them forward its going to be hard to bring them on.

I'm not so worried about that. I think the most important voice in the academy is Neil Bath who any new boss will definitely be talking to and, in any case, Jody would certainly take a call and share his opinions with Chelsea's manager.

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I am a huge fan of Calum but you're exaggerating a bit too much by claiming he is better than Martial. Hudson-Odoi has not even started a full senior game yet. He has played glimpses for the first team in cup and league games and the others have been youth and U23 games. Martial is a very talented player who imo needs a new manager to thrive under as I still think he has so much potential to be a top, top player. Despite regressing over past couple seasons, Martial still got into double figures last season and I am sure under a more flair-minded manager, he would excel.

Now if your saying you have no interest in signing him because you want the club to develop Calum then I could understand but to state he is better than Martial is way OTT as there is not much base.

akgw13 and OneMoSalah like this

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I am a huge fan of Calum but you're exaggerating a bit too much by claiming he is better than Martial. Hudson-Odoi has not even started a full senior game yet. He has played glimpses for the first team in cup and league games and the others have been youth and U23 games. Martial is a very talented player who imo needs a new manager to thrive under as I still think he has so much potential to be a top, top player. Despite regressing over past couple seasons, Martial still got into double figures last season and I am sure under a more flair-minded manager, he would excel.

Now if your saying you have no interest in signing him because you want the club to develop Calum then I could understand but to state he is better than Martial is way OTT as there is not much base.

The basis of my opinion is that I have seen both players play. I stick to my assessment that I believe Callum to be the better player.

I first saw Martial play when he was linked to us before leaving France. I saw him play in both legs of a Champions League tie. He was outstanding in the first leg and poor in the second. Since arriving in England his efforts have not changed my mind about his having a hit and miss profile.

As good as Callum is when carrying the ball and when finishing it is his choice, range and weight of passing which does most to persuade me that he is the real deal. 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The basis of my opinion is that I have seen both players play. I stick to my assessment that I believe Callum to be the better player.

I first saw Martial play when he was linked to us before leaving France. I saw him play in both legs of a Champions League tie. He was outstanding in the first leg and poor in the second. Since arriving in England his efforts have not changed my mind about his having a hit and miss profile.

As good as Callum is when carrying the ball and when finishing it is his choice, range and weight of passing which does most to persuade me that he is the real deal. 

He does look the real deal however if you threw him in the first team against top opposition, it would be a lot more difficult for him. That is why I say I suggested your getting too ahead of yourself. If you put Martial in an U23 game he would destroy it completely.

akgw13 likes this

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I am a massive fan of CHO, but i don't think he is physically or mentally ready for the 1st team. He is our brightest youth star by far, I think he will become a major player in the first team. But personally if you said pick one for the next 2 years in the PL it has to be Martial(in my opinion). I would love a 2 year loan of CHO to Germany like Christensen did. The boy is 17 turning 18 this year, just a bit too young. Immense talent though, if you said pick one for the next 10 im taking CHO

11Drogba likes this