test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 1-0 Southampton

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Bakayoko
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

81 posts in this topic

All things considered, this no-striker set up looks somewhat toothless. It could be enough to play against lesser sides only. I would like much more to deploy 3-4-3 with Cesc - Kante; Hazard - Morata - Willian/Pedro against lesser sides - command Willian/Pedro to track back and help defense and it should be good.

Hanging on at home to a team that just got destroyed 4-1 by Leicester. This is Conte's fault. Ridiculous line up. Play your best players and play your other best players in their best positions. Very annoying game. If we started Morata and played Hazard in a positon he's comfortable in this game would have been over a long time ago

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

How many times has Willian lost the ball trying to be smart?!

Him making a good decision is something more of a miracle these days. So many laughable overhit passes that even I won't make

LAM09 likes this

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Him making a good decision is something more of a miracle these days. So many laughable overhit passes that even I won't make

Mourinho we are waiting to sell you  willian

If City played Aguero as a CAM, De Bruyne as a deep midfielder, Sterling as a striker, G. Jesus on the bench etc, they'd still whoop Southampton by several goals.
If Arsenal played Sanchez as a CAM, or striker, or winger, with Ozil as a winger, or CAM, with everyone else chopping position up top, they'd still get by with 2 or so goals. 
If United played Lukaku on the right wing, Rashford (now used as a winger) as the striker, and dropped Pogba, they'd still be a lot stronger than Southampton.

So, I think it's lunacy to condemn Conte for dropping Morata + putting Hazard up top. I think the players are simply not good enough (broken record). If they rely on Hazard, that's a problem. If they're still hitting high crosses into the box despite Morata not being on the field, that's their fault.

Just now, Leif said:

If City played Aguero as a CAM, De Bruyne as a deep midfielder, Sterling as a striker, G. Jesus on the bench etc, they'd still whoop Southampton by several goals.
If Arsenal played Sanchez as a CAM, or striker, or winger, with Ozil as a winger, or CAM, with everyone else chopping position up top, they'd still get by with 2 or so goals. 
If United played Lukaku on the right wing, Rashford (now used as a winger) as the striker, and dropped Pogba, they'd still be a lot stronger than Southampton.

So, I think it's lunacy to condemn Conte for dropping Morata + putting Hazard up top. I think the players are simply not good enough (broken record). If they rely on Hazard, that's a problem. If they're still hitting high crosses into the box despite Morata not being on the field, that's their fault.

I don't know about the bolded part. City yes, Arsenal/United hell no! Lukaku on the wing? lol you must not be watching United a lot this season. They aren't anything special. Such confusion will be a disaster for them

Conte needs to learn how to make the right rotations in this season where he actually has to make them. I have no clue what that starting line-up was and we ended up wasting time and holding on vs one of the most out of form teams in the league at home. I was expecting to be entertained but I was bored shitless. 

Playing Hazard as a false 9 doesn't get the best out of him or the team. We need a focal point. Morata and Fabregas together have no business being on the bench in a home match. I don't know how tired Morata is supposed to be. 

17 hours ago, Jason said:

Worth noting that Rudiger, Morata and Alonso are on 4 yellow cards. If there is a timely game to pick up the 5th, this is it and then serve the suspension in the midweek League Cup game.

Well Alonso did just that :D

Never been big fan of Fabregas, but his presence was really obvious in last 20 minutes. He is good character and just by that improves our team which is lacking just that. Morata was also very good, that little dribble and shot with his left was sublime. Also his assist to Fabregas. Nice stuff at the end of the game.

Disappointed by Conte's team selection.