Mason Mount

the wes

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I am slightly curious to how well their friendship survives if/when Declan goes to one of our competitive rivals.

I remember Rio and Lampard touched up on the fact they use to be inseperable but naturally drifted apart once they were fighting for the same trophies.

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I am slightly curious to how well their friendship survives if/when Declan goes to one of our competitive rivals.

I remember Rio and Lampard touched up on the fact they use to be inseperable but naturally drifted apart once they were fighting for the same trophies.

Those times are long gone unfortunately. 

I hope Lamps benches him for a while. Mount has a huge Fan Base in this forum, but he lost a lot of form in the last few weeks and I have been saying this for a while that he should not start matches. He does not offer anything from the offensive point of view. No creativity and no goal scoring threat.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't want to be harsh but his corners were fucking disgraceful today. Every single corner was hit - or over-hit - to the far post and no one in particular. Fucking joke!

Should have been Emerson taking them after his one found Zouma.

Not really sure what's happened to the aesthetics side of his game, I mean he's not exactly Bakayoko and he's a crucial link between midfield and attack but at youth level and Vittese he looked like a young KDB but now looks like a completely different profile of player, more the good Oscar lite.

Not really sure what's happened to the aesthetics side of his game, I mean he's not exactly Bakayoko and he's a crucial link between midfield and attack but at youth level and Vittese he looked like a young KDB but now looks like a completely different profile of player, more the good Oscar lite.
A young KDB? Mount never had the world class creativity that a young KDB had.
He was a good goal scorer though

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

A young KDB? Mount never had the world class creativity that a young KDB had.
He was a good goal scorer though

I saw a lot of him and youth level and Vittese and he was very creative, he reminded me a lot of KDB at Genk (I watched him a lot when we were being linked).

I'm not sure exactly where that side of his game has gone.

His corners were brilliant at the start of the season and I was happy we finally have a good corner taker. But the quality has gone down rapidly recently. I am not sure if practising with Willian made him worse lol, but the technique needs to change. The lack of quality at the end of the kick, attacking headers, is another thing.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Just depends. At Derby he wasnt exactly hugely productive in terms of creating chances I felt. Vitesse he was and youth level but that league is a lot more open and lower quality. Probably finding the same thing this season, higher quality of opposition, a lot more mixed tactics, where the final ball has to be perfect because you might not get that many chances. His last assist was against Burnley. His last goal at club level was against fuck knows.

I can predict he will lose his place for Euro2020.  Dele Alli is born again under Mou also Meddison and Grealish are in much better form and should be ahead of him. With Rice, Ox, Winks, Henderson and Dier also in the squad I can't see Ruben or Ross in the team either. 

36 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I can predict he will lose his place for Euro2020.  Dele Alli is born again under Mou also Meddison and Grealish are in much better form and should be ahead of him. With Rice, Ox, Winks, Henderson and Dier also in the squad I can't see Ruben or Ross in the team either. 

You're talking about form and yet you're making early conclusions about England's Euro squad in December? :carlo: 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Dier is shit (different position though from Mount, and he may squeak in as he can play CB as well) for a EURO/WC potentially near winning team, he is so pedestrian

fuck Henderson, he is another England player I detest simply for the squad (and not just for the fact I HATE him as a whingy Dipper cunt as well)

RLC's injury will end up fucking him

Barkley is so out of form on and off the pitch

I do agree that Mount has big pressure from Maddison and Grealish (I rate all 3, and I am positive I get hate here for saying that, lol) I love MF'ers with swagger (Lamps and Becks are perfect examples, Pirlo too, albeit in a different manner, but still a boss)

Rice, OX, and Winks are probably locks, Rice is a massive key for us, IF he plays for England like he played for the Shammers against us, he can help us go DEEP

Lampard on Mount...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/12/04/lampard-views-on-abraham--mount-and-pulisic-after-villa-victory-

‘I don’t think Mason should be measured solely on goals,’ pointed out Lampard. ‘We had an international break and he did not start a couple of games but goals are part of his game and his all-round game in the second half is what we expect of him, because it wasn’t just the goal, it was the threat he had from the edge of the box, his link-up and his winning the ball back in high areas which is his game. I thought he had a really good second half.’