• Kante
    • Luiz
    • Bakayoko
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

4 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

We have been outclassed by large. Our win was just a rip-off. But it is well necessary to boost our confidence. Lots of work to be done. 

Oh come on, team was missing the most important player in Hazard and Bakayoko was not fully fit either. Pedro also not fit enough to start and Cahill / Cesc suspended.

Take away that many important players from any team and winning away to Spurs is hard as fuck.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Something we desperately lacked in the Mourinho season in 15/16. Says a lot.

Absolutely. The grit shown today and even with 9 men at home to Burnley is far away from that 15/16 Mourinho demise. 

Also you can tell theyre enjoying their football - thanks to Conte who is more adult than Jose.

Once Mourinho gets pissy at conferences, starts frowning and sulking you know shitty results will follow -this is what we want to happen at Utd and we've yet to see them go 1 down yet and whether they can respond

15 minutes ago, Jype said:

Oh come on, team was missing the most important player in Hazard and Bakayoko was not fully fit either. Pedro also not fit enough to start and Cahill / Cesc suspended.

Take away that many important players from any team and winning away to Spurs is hard as fuck.

Don't 4get top goalscorer and legend lol costa

28 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

What I love about this performance and the Burnley one is the team resolve and spirit -vital characteristics -proper Chels all round

Don't 4get top goalscorer and legend lol costa

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Absolutely. The grit shown today and even with 9 men at home to Burnley is far away from that 15/16 Mourinho demise. 

Also you can tell theyre enjoying their football - thanks to Conte who is more adult than Jose.

Once Mourinho gets pissy at conferences, starts frowning and sulking you know shitty results will follow -this is what we want to happen at Utd and we've yet to see them go 1 down yet and whether they can respond

Conte class coming thru. Ffs board help us all out give him what he wants!!!

WHAT A WIN.

I don't know what some of you mean when you say Spurs 'outplayed' us. I don't see how that was the case in the slightest. Having more possession, more corners, and more stats in general =/ domination. 

I'd be gutted to have watched that performance if I were a spurs fan. Their only goal came from a Chelsea player and after failing with their initial plan, their plan B was cross after cross after cross, which we dealt with pretty comfortably. This just goes to show the team that has the ball doesn't necessarily dominate the match.

From our point of view however, we could have done better in keeping the ball. But the circumstances we were in weren't the best by any stretch; Luiz in the middle, Baka's first game in months, no Hazard or super sub Fabregas to come on and slow things down.

People need to calm down, this was the only exact type of win we were going to get.

I thought David Luiz showed great strength and charter in both games so far. I think he should be the Captain. Love Cahil for all his important goals over the years but I am afraid he is a bit of a liability at the back. Christensen and Rodiger are fitting into the squad very well and defensively we are going to improve this year.

That said I have never celebrated a goal as much I Alonso's winner, what a win well done

On a sidenote, I thought Anthony Taylor had an absolute shocker. Gave Alli freekicks all over the pitch for nothing, handed Spurs every 50/50 decision and allowed Dembele to wrestle Willian and Luiz all day long, without getting a card.  Dier´s challenge on Luiz is red all day long if you consider that Cahill got sent off as well. The bar for FA referees isn´t set very high, but I think we reached a new low in the last two weeks..

7 minutes ago, Beigl said:

On a sidenote, I thought Anthony Taylor had an absolute shocker. Gave Alli freekicks all over the pitch for nothing, handed Spurs every 50/50 decision and allowed Dembele to wrestle Willian and Luiz all day long, without getting a card.  Dier´s challenge on Luiz is red all day long if you consider that Cahill got sent off as well. The bar for FA referees isn´t set very high, but I think we reached a new low in the last two weeks..

You can't touch delle ali, it is a crime

6 minutes ago, chelseawise said:

I thought David Luiz showed great strength and charter in both games so far. I think he should be the Captain. Love Cahil for all his important goals over the years but I am afraid he is a bit of a liability at the back. Christensen and Rodiger are fitting into the squad very well and defensively we are going to improve this year.

That said I have never celebrated a goal as much I Alonso's winner, what a win well done

Yup sliding in for our Burnley second and winning a 40/60 to set up Alonsos second today. 100% guts with curly hair

7 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Agree was thinking the same - Taylor seemed card happy as he didn't know how to handle it

39 minutes ago, mccg said:

Conte class coming thru. Ffs board help us all out give him what he wants!!!

Tbh with what we have I reckon the board will see it as enough. 

Don't forget it's a business first, football club second, and with all the loanees, spin offs, it's making a profit.

so I reckon theyre prepared to leave it now. They'll get players next year or one at Christmas if it's going tits up