test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iceboy

Alex Sandro

Started by iceboy,

2,047 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, El P. said:

Telles would improve our first XI, but not enough. Why buy Telles for 35, when you could buy Sandro, proven world class for 60?

It's like your car is broken. And you are going to one cheap mechanic to another. And they are ok, price is great. But your car isn't running well enough. And you are visiting those cheap mechanics again and again, to make it better. And after all money and time spent, your car still isn't running like you wanted to.

One proper mechanic could've made your car run well. He'd only need one session with your car, it'd be expensive, but you'll know you got what you payed for and that your car would run like you wanted.

Well that's basically how most corporations operate nowadays. We can thank modern accountancy, Excel sheets and clueless executives for that.

3 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

It's not understandable,he scored a few goals and that's it. He is bad with the ball when we are supposed to attack,his control and dribbling is poor as well and his crossing is also bad and defensively he is not good either,he leaves to much space and he needs to work on his positioning and is not quick enough in transitions.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Okay, hes scored some goals, but let's be honest, it's not guaranteed Sandro would do the same. Alonso has won us games. How many times has Sandro done that for Juve? You underestimate how important a player like Alonso can be. One thing I've always said though, is that Alonso's pace is the biggest hold back when it comes to his game. 

Alonso is a game changer without doubt.. 

but he isn’t so good in defense because he  isn’t so fast like Sandro etc. 

we can use him as a striker haha. 

Sandro is good lwb but not a game changer I can’t choose between them. 

But we need one more lwb for rotation without a doubt.

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

so what?

One play in a portuguese league and another in the premierleague lol

stop with the idea that he is good palyer for chelsea. the players that play in portugal are overrated 

If thats true why do many top players (including Sandro himself) keep appearing from that league? Someone who is basically revolutionizing goalkeeping has just come from there ffs.

many lol

enzo perez, gaitan, jackson martinez, javi garcia, fabio coentrao, markovic, fernando, renato sanches, quaresma, joao mario, slimani, mangala, Rojo,

there are many players that are not so good in others leagues like was in portugal, but there are some great plays (falcao, oblak, james rodriguez, ederson)... but in most of cases they do not exceed expectations.

Okay, hes scored some goals, but let's be honest, it's not guaranteed Sandro would do the same. Alonso has won us games. How many times has Sandro done that for Juve? You underestimate how important a player like Alonso can be. One thing I've always said though, is that Alonso's pace is the biggest hold back when it comes to his game. 
Scoring goals is not the most important thing for a full back but how good he plays in attack, technical ability,passing,crossing,how well does he understand the game,and how good he is in defence,his positioning,transitions. The last thing i need from a full back are goals.

2 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

The last thing i need from a full back are goals.

I understand what you say but without 2 of his goals just lately we would have lost them both. we lack creativity to give the 'goalscorets# their chances so Alonso is chipping in those much needed goals.

What we gotta think (as a club) what the TEAM needs most from that position. And what we got to realize that to find a player that has all the skills needed from a WB is few and far between and those few are going to be very epensive.

Way I see it is IF we had a fast strong CDM and LCB with a bite it would help balance Alonsos weaknesses.

Baks just isn't sharp enough or with that footballing brain to do it. Kantes good but he cant cover everyone all the time. So a better CDM and a better Rudi would help us alot the way I look at it.

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

Scoring goals is not the most important thing for a full back but how good he plays in attack, technical ability,passing,crossing,how well does he understand the game,and how good he is in defence,his positioning,transitions. The last thing i need from a full back are goals.

I would usually agree with the goal scoring for a full/wing back but a lot of those goals have been key goals to us winning points.

This season we are struggling a lot more with scoring goals. Willian, Hazard and Pedro are all not contributing as many as they were last season and whilst Morata has done pretty well with regards to the number of goals he's scored, he isn't as potent as Costa in my opinion (or at least yet).

Taking someone out who is chipping in with that many goals, and key ones at that, in my opinion is a risk currently until goal scoring spread throughout the squad is better addressed.

Keeping wing-back in first XI, just because he scores here and there, but is average in others aspect, is long term disaster.

You know, once we will actually have goal-scoring midfielder, or winger. Hell, Barkley could be just that. Last season we had Pedro. We are not Norwich, or club from the table bottom, to think that way - "keep Alonso, he scorez goals bro, he so good." THEY maybe cannot afford to improve goal-scoring ability from midfield, or wings. Not us.

And who's to say he cannot score coming in as a 70-minute super-sub, when opposition is tired?

kellzfresh, ja1 and The Skipper like this

Just has that feeling of a target that will go to one of our rivals after we've pissed around for months. I know United are linked as well.

Honestly, in this case I can sort of understand why the club are cautious about spending around the same as we paid for Morata on a fullback. One whose level has apparently dropped considerably since last season. We all complain about Alonso's weaknesses, myself included, but if we are going to buy an expensive new LWB we have to be 100% positive that he's an upgrade.

That being said, it's an area that we desperately need another body. I'd just pay the necessary money. Even when not at his absolute best he's probably better than Alonso against top teams with pace. Dramatically improves our depth as well.

I understand what you say but without 2 of his goals just lately we would have lost them both. we lack creativity to give the 'goalscorets# their chances so Alonso is chipping in those much needed goals.
What we gotta think (as a club) what the TEAM needs most from that position. And what we got to realize that to find a player that has all the skills needed from a WB is few and far between and those few are going to be very epensive.
Way I see it is IF we had a fast strong CDM and LCB with a bite it would help balance Alonsos weaknesses.
Baks just isn't sharp enough or with that footballing brain to do it. Kantes good but he cant cover everyone all the time. So a better CDM and a better Rudi would help us alot the way I look at it.
I think we could improve in number of areas,sure we could balance thinks out and hide Alonso's weaknesses but we're not good enough for this but also we first need to look at players as individuals and understand their strengths and weaknesses and in that way build a system that suits everyone but in our case we have a lot of mediocre players which makes it impossible to build a system that hides our weaknesses, allows us to play to our strengths and that suits everyone.

I would usually agree with the goal scoring for a full/wing back but a lot of those goals have been key goals to us winning points.
This season we are struggling a lot more with scoring goals. Willian, Hazard and Pedro are all not contributing as many as they were last season and whilst Morata has done pretty well with regards to the number of goals he's scored, he isn't as potent as Costa in my opinion (or at least yet).
Taking someone out who is chipping in with that many goals, and key ones at that, in my opinion is a risk currently until goal scoring spread throughout the squad is better addressed.
I agree that we need to score more goals but that's a complete different story,the reason why we haven't scored more is purely because of our system and the way we play. The midfield isn't technical and creative enough,Pedro and Willian are not good enough (i think we could get more out of Pedro) i could give you many reasons why we aren't scoring more but ultimately it's down to the system.

12 hours ago, Mário César said:

Someone who is basically revolutionizing goalkeeping has just come from there ffs.

Wait, who is revolutionizing goalkeeping??? 

AlonsoAlexOff.png

It's not even a contest, and this is from 2017/18 season, in which Sandro isn't great as in last season.

And yes, another very valid argument - who is to say Sandro wouldn't score a lot more if he played as LWB? He is playing as full-back, a defender, you know? LWB is not a defender, it's just like less attacking winger.

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

Ederson of Man City...

How is he 'revolutionizing' goalkeeping?

I think people are getting a bit carried away with the City hype. 

Next, Pep will be touted as the second coming of Christ.

13 hours ago, Mário César said:

many lol

enzo perez, gaitan, jackson martinez, javi garcia, fabio coentrao, markovic, fernando, renato sanches, quaresma, joao mario, slimani, mangala, Rojo,

there are many players that are not so good in others leagues like was in portugal, but there are some great plays (falcao, oblak, james rodriguez, ederson)... but in most of cases they do not exceed expectations.

Most cases?

Alongside the names you have mentioned (in the last decade and a bit) there's Carvalho, Paulo, Deco, David Luiz, Di Maria, Semedo, Tiago, Ronaldo, Moutinho, Alex Sandro, Diego Costa, Witsel, Matic. Even the likes of Anderson and Nani despite not living up to potential made some crucial trophy winning contributions at United.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:35 AM, Unionjack said:

You are right of course but this is the problem. It's precisely because we lack the effective approach play that we end up having to rely on Marcos's goals. Those goals are, in effect, papering over the cracks. If we fix the underlying issue, then they become a luxury, rather than the necessity they are currently.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:35 AM, Unionjack said:

All true but, leaving cost aside for a moment, to become the team we want to be, we need such players at every position. We need players who are the complete package. It's a reality that they are in great demand by the big clubs and are therefore hard to get, but recruiting such players must be our aim. To aim but fail is potentially understandable, to fail to aim at all would be unforgivable.

ja1, Unionjack and manpe like this