Andrea Belotti

Captain Ahmed

Andrea Belotti  

75 members have voted

1. 1. According to you,Andrea Belotti to Chelsea? For or against that

• Yes, I am for that
    • No,I am against that

I had the opportunity yesterday to watch some recorded Torino games at my Serie A-loving friends house. 

Honestly, Belotti reminds me a lot of Costa when he keeps his head down. Super hard workers who are good at exploiting space, similar pace, similar technique and really good finishers. Both are a bit bad at spotting the pass, and at passing in general. 
I would rate Belotti above Costa in terms of aerial capacity and first touch. Costa is perhaps a little bit stronger in duels overall, but there is not a lot between them.

I think for sure that Belotti is ahead of where Costa was at the same age. Combining that with his attributes, I think he would be a sucess here provided that we focus a lot on the delivery players. He is an excellent spearhead, but I think he will struggle against packed defenses in his current form. Perhaps a few years here could change that.

I also think he isn't a one-trick pony or a speed merchant like Auba. He would be pricey as hell, but if we can get him for the same price Man U are paying for Lukaku, I think he is worth it. 
Overall, I think that if you put Lukaku and Belotti next to each other, they have somewhat similar attributes where Belotti is the more technical, with Lukaku being the more physical. I think both have the capacity to score a very large amount of goals in the league, but I think Belotti has the higher football IQ, and is the one likely to develop into the more complete player. 
Having said that, Lukaku is an ex-CFC player who has scored regularly in the BPL for a while. He is the safer option, and I still think he is a great player. 

While writing this I made a quick stat comparison between Costa, Lukaku, Morata and Belotti.

Ignoring goals and assists (of which Belotti has the most), Andrea does come out fine. He has the most shots per game, the most key passes, is dispossessed the least and he is fouled the most. Lukaku does however complete more dribbles per game, and have fewer poor touches. 

Honestly both Belotti and Lukaku comes off as more polished players than Costa. At the same time, this is the drawback of statistics. You have numbers, but not the story behind them. Costa plays in a title-winning team against low blocks, he is bound to have less space and time on the ball than the other two. 

I would conclude that both Lukaku and Belotti can come here and do a good job. I think both would be capable of scoring 20 goals the first season on capability alone. I also think both will improve and belong to the highest or second highest tier of strikers. If we get Belotti, I will not mind losing out on Lukaku. I would however prefer both to Morata. 

3 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Because of the like 88m buy out clause do u really think we will pay that if we where penny pinching over lukaku? 

Thats not far away from what Morata, Lukaku and Aubameyang would cost though and there are a lot more stories about them in general. Not talking specifically about links to us.

6 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Because of the like 88m buy out clause do u really think we will pay that if we where penny pinching over lukaku? 

We will have to match prices now, no other choice, the Lukaku saga was prime example.

Just now, Artandur said:

Thats not far away from what Morata, Lukaku and Aubameyang would cost though and there are a lot more stories about them in general. Not talking specifically about links to us

Just now, Special Juan said:

We will have to match prices now, no other choice, the Lukaku saga was prime example.

I totally agree with both of u guys. I just don't see are board doing that I would love to see it but we won't see it this summer I don't think.

Just to add a few things to his history. 

He played as an 18-year old in Serie B for AlbinoLeffe where he scored 2 goals in 8 appearances (also scoring 13 goals for the youth team). 
The 2012-13 season he was in the third division, where he scored 12 goals in 31 appearances (unclear how often as a sub).
He then scored 10 goals for Palermo in Serie B having been purchased by them. He scored 6 goals the following season in Serie A in 38 appearances (almost all of them as a late sub). 

Torino then bought him, and for the first half of the 15-16 season he only scored one goal. It is important to note that he was bought very late, and therefore had no pre-season with the team. Furthermore, he was either subbed off around the 60 min mark, or subbed on even later very often during this period. For the second half though he scored 11 goals seeing more game time. 
During the 16-17 season he scored 28 goals in all competitions for Torino, plus 3 I think for the national team, totalling 31 goals. 

He isnt one of those players that was a prodigy as an 18-year old, but one that has taken step by step over the years in his development. His profile is not flashy at all, but he does appear to be hard-working and ambitious.  

I think this guy is more consistent Diego Costa with better behavior. Really the similar type of player. A better in the air too. Also, it's a great plus that he is Italian, because of Conte.

My first name on strikers wishlist, would take him for <70 millions pounds.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

There isn't quality of stock available in strikers for us to be able to dictate, the dictating comes from the selling club.

we all know this seems like the board doesn't wasting time with their 35m offers 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You