test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spike

3. Marcos Alonso

Started by Spike,

401 posts in this topic

I just hope he is quick enough to speed up our wing game. By that I dont mean how quick can he run, but how quick can he run with the ball.

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He is physically suited to this league, which Baba isnt. I agree he'll probably be found out on a few occasions, but he have to hope this deal has ended Iva's days at RB. We need a FB that can ACTUALLY cross for once.

Think he'll get games against the midtable teams but I'll be shocked if he starts against top tier teams. The likes of Sanchez, Mane, Sterling, Mkhitaryan, Lamela etc would abuse him 1v1 simply because he lacks the pace to cope. There's a dearth of wingers in Serie A so he didn't go against those sort of players every week.

I do agree he's our most talented fullback going forward although he isn't exactly a Marcelo in that aspect.

The Chels likes this

Think he'll get games against the midtable teams but I'll be shocked if he starts against top tier teams. The likes of Sanchez, Mane, Sterling, Mkhitaryan, Lamela etc would abuse him 1v1 simply because he lacks the pace to cope. There's a dearth of wingers in Serie A so he didn't go against those sort of players every week.

I do agree he's our most talented player going forward although he isn't exactly a Marcelo in that aspect.

True. I expect us to line up with 3 at the back when Zouma is fully fit, so he's flaws won't be so evident against the better sides if Conte selects him in them.

13 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

I do agree he's our most talented fullback going forward although he isn't exactly a Marcelo in that aspect.

Other than Azpi, name a single other fullback in the PL who can deal with the likes of Hazard, Sanchez, Sterling, or Mane. These are world class wingers who will have their way with any fullback in today's game.

Last season's best fullbacks were who, Rose, Bellarin, Walker, Fuchs? All bang average defensively and get shit on by the top players.

Also, Lamela? Really? :D He's fucking trash. To mention him with those players? lol!

Muzchap likes this

Fullbacks are typically the worst players on a team. They can't be trusted as a CB and they aren't talented enough to be a winger.

If his transfer does not put Ivanovic on the bench, I won't see much sense in this move.
I can't compare this move with Azpi's cause back then I didn't know Dave and how was he playing. He came here as no one, but worked hard and is still doing it. He improved and with time he sarted to be more and more appreciated by the fans. But I have seen Alonso games and I have been not impressed at all. We should have aimed at more proved players. It's a gamble for this money, but I hope he can improve and show us that he is ready to play for a big club like Chelsea.

nono likes this

So much negativity - give the lad a chance :) 

having a player in position will be a massive bonus (The best position is Iva on the bench) 

You can't really compare his previous performances - there's no guarantees in football - people probably thought the same about Kante before last season - you just never know.. Look at Fonte - bang average then finds some good form has a decent euros and press are loving him.. Fickle business football! 

We just need to be patient and give the lad a chance ! 

TheIceMan, Essien19 and MefiX19 like this

9 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Never seen him play, so we'll have to see after he starts some games. For now, we just have to welcome him and make sure he feels we are behind him.

your 100% right mate 

BlueStorm1003 likes this

14 minutes ago, Bir_CFC said:

Based on YouTube he looks like he's very good on the ball and strong. Wish I could find videos of his 1 on 1 defending.

That would be because it does not exist. 

Gilvorak likes this

2 hours ago, Bir_CFC said:

Based on YouTube he looks like he's very good on the ball and strong. Wish I could find videos of his 1 on 1 defending.

Speaking of which, the football community does a really poor job when it comes to analysing players on tape. As an NBA guy I'm so used to scouting videos from professional scouts that every time I wanna look up a football player to get a feel for him I find shitty highlights videos with even shittier music choices and it's all just smh