Ball interception
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Marcos Alonso's Style of Play

• Indirect set-piece threat
  • Likes to tackle

7 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

If he is good enough in Conte's mind, I'm ok with that.

(Once again we see how people moan because he is not enough known name. Just because you are not Alaba, it does not mean that you are shit)

100% agree. I dont know who this guy is but if conte thinks he can do the job and he approves him than lets get him in. Nobody trusts the board here but we have to remember Conte is telling them if he believes in the player or not. 

"Alonso, who came up with the Real Madrid youth system, has played mostly as a wing-back in Paulo Sousa and Vincenzo Montella’s 3-5-2 formation at Fiorentina. However, the 25-year-old has experience playing in a traditional four-man back line as well. Antonio Conte can try and accommodate him as a left-back at Chelsea as well as on the left side of central midfield, as he is very good with the ball at his feet."

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2016/08/26/transfer-rumour-chelsea-fc-negotiating-with-fiorentina-for-left-wing-back-marcos-alonso/

Real Madrid Trained. Good Height and Stamina. Has played in 352 and also shown he can play in PL. Encouraging!

I am very curious about what Conte is trying to create for us.

Is the idea in defence Alonso - X - Zouma - Azpilicueta?
If X is left-footed and has some pace, then we have a quick and agile defense that will allow us a higher defensive line that we have seen for ages. Zouma and Azpilicueta are not the best technically, but it would still be an overall upgrade. I think we shouldnt overlook that Alonso actually has some PL experience as well. Sure, its a cliche to mention it, but it is never a disadvantage to be aware of what you can expect. I also wonder how quick the potential signings are expected to be integrated. Is it likely that we in January play with
Alonso - Maksimovic - Zouma - Azpilicueta? Of course it depends on how well any new signings perform, but never the less if we are looking at quality purchases then the idea must be to play them. 

Regardless, it looks solid. The CFC team has some serious balance and performance issues that must be dealt with. In my opinion Cahill, Ivanovic and Oscar are players that should not start in a team at our level. Matic, Costa, Terry, Fabregas and Willian are examples of players that are not bad, but sacrifice some sides of their play in order to deliver in others, but I see a role for them. In other words, this summer should put emphasis on the three players mentioned before, and Alonso + Maksimovic would deal with that. It is extremely risky to try and solve all problems at the same time. Defence could potentially be solved or at least heavily improved this summer. Bats is giving us more safety up top, and midfield will get better with Kante.

In other words, if these two defensive transfers take place, it is a large success for us. 

14 minutes ago, milka said:

From  Rudiger to Koulibaly

From Koulibaly to Mustafi

From Mustafi to Romagnoli

From Romagnoli to Marcos Alonso

:D Hello  #Papy Djilobodji Again 

2 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Who is next? Albiol?! Nacho?! 

Are you guys aware he's a left back ?

Dont know much about him, but OK. On paper he seems quite good.

We loaned Baba so we dont have one natural left back in the squad and I'll be happy with Marcos. Come on, sign him or RR or some other upgrade on Iva. I cant See us going into the season with no left back...

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

18 minutes ago, milka said:

From  Rudiger to Koulibaly

From Koulibaly to Mustafi

From Mustafi to Romagnoli

From Romagnoli to Marcos Alonso

:D Hello  #Papy Djilobodji Again 

This must be sarcasm. Nobody is this stupid.