Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

LOL at people who think this guy is better than Rodrigeuez, maybe you guys don't actually watch football...

Alonso was at Bolton and Sunderland and was bad. He improved a bit at Fio, but he is nothing special.

I trust Di Marzio's crew's evaluation more than you certainly. But thanks.

I do remember him being a standout, flash in the pan type at Sunderland but I haven't seen him since he left there.

Looks really good in that YouTube highlight video. Looks really awkward to see a LB that's so tall. Great tekkers, though.

40 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

LOL at people who think this guy is better than Rodrigeuez, maybe you guys don't actually watch football...
Alonso was at Bolton and Sunderland and was bad. He improved a bit at Fio, but he is nothing special.

MARCOS ALONSO boltons player of the season 2013!

MARCOS ALONSO After so long in the periphery of the squad battling against injury, this has been a break-out season for the former Real Madrid starlet. Alonso has grown in stature and become a consistent performer at full-back chipping in with some important goals too.

yep he was terrible alright as they climbed out of regulation places 

My Fiorentina supporting friend about Marcos Alonso (I'd trust him over anyone else in this thread):

He's decent, but not really Chelsea starter material if you ask me. He's definitely worse than Azpi. Athletically he's very good, tall, strong, fast. He is indeed a presence in the flank. But he looks lost defensively and lacks initiative offensively. 10M would be a fair price.

1 hour ago, Bir_CFC said:

My Fiorentina supporting friend about Marcos Alonso (I'd trust him over anyone else in this thread):

He's decent, but not really Chelsea starter material if you ask me. He's definitely worse than Azpi. Athletically he's very good, tall, strong, fast. He is indeed a presence in the flank. But he looks lost defensively and lacks initiative offensively. 10M would be a fair price.

Depressing stuf tbh. At least he has some athletic ability. Maybe Conte can make him a better player. 

39 minutes ago, Bir_CFC said:

Sounds like a Chelsea panic buy alright! Probably loaned next summer to a second rate Spanish side or something.

Not a bad signing if we get the fee right, but I'm looking at it more in terms of what it means for positional movement. If it means Alonso slots in at left back and Azpi claims his rightful position (pun not intended) at right back and Brana adds to our CB options then fair game. 

If it's just one of those Filipe Luis signings where he plays INSTEAD of Azpi for a bit during cup games and the odd easier Prem game then fuck that. 

I liked what I saw of him at Sunderland, I'd be lying if I said I knew how he's played in Italy but if he does sign give him a fair crack, not every signing under 40million is going to be another Papy. Just sayin'. Some on here sound more like Arsenal fans every day. 

Already get the feeling that he would be Baba v2 if we signed him. Everyone and their mother figured Baba was brought in to play straight away and Azpi would move back to his position. Never happened.

Same here. Natural LB, super comfortable on the ball and good going forward like Conte prefers but he'll probably be a squad player with Ivanovic still starting.